Smooth Ceiling

Pira
Pira
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Stucco Removal

I first knew about Smooth Ceiling after searching on someone to remove stucco on HomeStars. After seeing the many positive reviews, I decided to call them for a quote and see what could be done with the stucco. Nick answered my call right away and told me the base price per square foot and their entire process and asked if he could come take a look at the work and give me a quote the very next day. When he came to give the quote, he was very polite and courteous, and explained again what their process is, what issues may occur, and what we as customers need to do to prepare for the work to be done. We were impressed with his price that we decided to give it a go.

They came on time as scheduled and Dimitri and Paulo were in charge of the job. They said the job would be done in 3 days and as told, it was completed in exactly three days. The guys were kind, polite, and quiet and it was amazing to see how much work the two guys could do in such short amounts of time. They made sure everything was done perfectly.

What I felt set this company apart from the rest is the cleanup process. Despite the job being extremely dusty, when they left on the very last day, an outsider would not be able to tell that we did work on the house. It was that clean and in perfect condition. The ceiling looked amazing and the follow up walk through with Nick was a great ending. The possible issues they mentioned in the start were not too big and were minor fixes and they are more than willing to come and fix something if you are not satisfied.

We will definitely hire Nick and his team again for our future projects as we had told him ourselves. Thank you Nick for your great job and service! Easily the best company I've ever worked with for home improvement!

Thank you Pira for taking the time to write this review for us. It was a pleasure to work for you, and please feel free to contact me anytime for anything you may need!

Dean W.
Dean W.
1 review Milton, ON

Upstairs renovation

Smooth Ceiling
9040 Leslie st
Richmond Hill
L4B 3L8

Nick Peter and crew were professional and respectful of our home. The inconvenience during the ceiling restoration was minimal. We will go back to Smooth Ceiling for phase two of our project.

Thank you sir and appreciate the time you took to write this. See you soon for phase 2

Brian &.
Brian &.
1 review Aurora, ON

Popcorn Ceiling removal & replastering

Nick & Peter are both professional & personable. They bring expertise & experience in tackling all aspects of popcorn ceiling removal. It's always hard to choose a contractor and sometimes you just have to trust your instincts rather than advertising slogans. We're glad that after we met with Nick that we chose " Smooth Ceilings " to remove a lot of the popcorn ceilings throughout our home. Including a cathedral height hallway that required a scaffold to be used. Nick was quick to respond to our initial call , and was punctual when he visited our home and equally prompt when providing a quote. He and Peter go above and beyond, clearly eager to please all of his valued customers. Our popcorn ceilings were removed , sanded , replastered and painted all in two days. The team we're so hard- working and showed up on time, both days and worked hard to get the job finished. Was it dusty? Yes, a bit more than I imagined. But that's to be expected, when you're scraping & sanding down so much old plaster. However Nick & his Team put up some temporary plastic door covers and taped them in place in order to help to keep some areas of our home liveable during the sanding etc. Afterwards the Smooth Ceilings Team all stayed back to clean up and remove the debris. We had hired a separate electrician to install quite a few potlights and he worked in tandem with Smooth Ceilings. From start to finish it took just two days. If you're trying to decide who to entrust to remove popcorn ceilings in your home and aren't sure who to call for a quote - why not call this company. We're so glad we did. While I wasn't keen on the disruption in our home - I actually enjoyed getting to know them all and will miss their sense of humour . They were such a "nice" group of people. Highly recommended.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this for Smooth Ceilings. You and Brian were very kind and hospitable to all of us. We thank you very much for everything and appreciate your trust in the company. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Julius in Richmond Hill
Julius in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Popcorn removal and pot lights

Popcorn removal was done very well but Peter, Nick and crew. Very fast and clean. Arranged for pot lights to be installed as well.

I will be using them for additional projects in the coming weeks.

Thank you sir, much appreciated!

James O.
James O.
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Ceiling Refinishing

Removal of the old popcorn ceiling in my condo turned out amazing. Nick and co. at Smooth Ceiling were great to deal with, handled cumbersome condo requirements and completed the work surprisingly fast. Would recommend to anyone looking to have their ceilings done and a company they can trust to do the work right.

Thanks James, appreciate the kind words.

Mike
Mike
1 review Whitby, ON

Popcorn ceiling removal

The Smooth Ceiling team was ridiculously efficient, polite and professional.

I contacted them on a Thursday and received the quote within 10 minutes, which was extremely competitive in terms of pricing.

They literally came the next day and started the project and completed it on Saturday by noon!

Not only that, given that popcorn ceiling removal is such a messy job they took all the necessary steps to ensure my house was clean and immaculate when they left.

I cannot say enough about how happy I am with the work they did and how great of guys they are.

I highly recommend using them! I am also doing more kitchen renovations, cabinet painting, with them in the near future.

Thank you very much for this review and for your trust in Smooth Ceilings Ltd. You were well prepared yourself and this helped us finish on time. Thanks again Mike!

Zaynab N.
Zaynab N.

Popcorn ceiling removal and wall paint

Nick and Peter saved our lives. We initially hired them to remove our popcorn ceiling and paint it. They did the job in 2 days for the entire condo and left the place SO clean. It was beyond what we expected. The ceiling looked great and was flawless!
Then we made the mistake of hiring someone else for the walls. The person took a week to do the worst job and even threw paint on the ceiling. Enter Nick and Peter again!
They dropped by to see the damage, and they left 2hrs later having done the entire ceiling again, at an amazing price! So we also asked them to do the entire condo paint to clean the mess left behind by the other person. Again, they did an impeccable job in 6hrs, which was beyond our imagination!
Their work ethic, dedication, speed, and immaculate attention to detail was 11/10! Totally beyond the rating we can ever give them.
If it wasn’t for their amazing service, we would still be weeks away from moving in to our new place. Thanks to them I’m writing this review in our new home!
Every homeowner should have them on speed dial!

This is one of the best reviews we've received, and I'm very thankful for you taking your time to write this. I'm very happy that your project turned out to be a success, please let me know if you ever need our services again!
Nick

NoMorePopcorn
NoMorePopcorn

Popcorn ceiling removal

Very good work, and they cleaned up after the work was done. We reviewed with Peter all the work that was to be done and that's what he did. At final inspection I found some minor issues in which Peter corrected right away. The ceiling looks great now.

We really appreciate your kind words and trust.

m.perrelli
m.perrelli
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Potlights and ceiling work

Was refererred to Nick from my friend. Met with Peter to discuss my ceiling and potlights. Peter gave me a breakdown of steps he would be taking, and fave me a very good price compared to a few others I had also checked. My home was done within 2 days, lighting and ceiling. I an very impressed and happy with my firend for referring me to Nick and Peter, Ceiling looks great, and lights are on point.

Thank you for your kind of words.

homeowner
homeowner
2 reviews Georgina, ON

Remove popcorn ceilings and repair ceilings

The company removed all the popcorn from my living room, dining room, bedrooms, hallway ceilings and skylight. They also repaired the areas where there was damage. The ceilings are all now smooth and freshly painted. They do look good and they were very fast. The workers were very respectful. I also hired their recommended electrician to put in pot lights - I recommend you go with your own electrician.

Thanks you for taking the time to write this review

More about Smooth Ceiling

Smooth Ceiling Ltd
Smooth Ceiling specializes in removing stipple, other know as stucco/popcorn from your ceilings.
Our team take pride in the work we do and we ourselves on making sure we get the job done right, and on your time schedule. Each area is covered and protected from floor to ceiling to ensure that dust does not seep through out the house. We specialize in turning your stucco ceiling to a smooth and perfect finish.
We're dedicated to providing you the resources and services you need to modernize your home.,
We remove your outdated popcorn ceiling in a fast, clean and efficient manner.
Acoustic ceiling also known as the "popcorn ceiling" was in fashion over thirty years ago, but now new houses do not have these ceilings unless you request it prior to a new home being built.
Many home owners are also removing the stipple in their homes for benefits such as

Many benefits to the removal of Popcorn/Acoustic Ceilings:
• Brightens the room
• Increase Re-sale Value
• Damage Control
• Modernizes the look
• Less Dust and les Spider Webs
• Cleaner, Professional Look
• And much more…

Ceiling "Popcorn" Stucco Removal - Painting - Water Damaged Ceilings - Drywall Repairs - Pot Lights- Crown Moulding-Custom Kitchens-Custom Closets