Access Railings

Jon in San Francisco
Jon in San Francisco
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Stair railing

I dealt with Rohan. He was friendly and showed us many pictures of his work. The finished product was great, exactly what we wanted and has held up well. It was installed in 2015 and is still very solid and looks as good as new. We've received many complements on it. There were some delays (2 - 3 weeks) later than the original delivery date which isn't great but he did tell us that delays of a few weeks sometimes occur, so we knew going in that it might take longer. Great job, just be prepared to allow for extra time due to potential delays. I would recommend them with the caution of allowing for delays.

Afshin from Richmond Hill
Afshin from Richmond Hill
9 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Stair railing on front side

We hired this company to make wrought iron railing for the stairs we have in front of our porch. the initial meeting was quick and on-time. Rohan from the company showed up and did the roughly measurements, showed us a few sample pictures and after we agreed on price we signed the contract. He said someone will show up to do a precise measurement and the whole project should be done in 2-3 weeks. After almost 2 weeks nobody showed up so I called to follow up. I was told the Iron poles we selected are not in stock and it may tale another week before they can come for the precise measurement. after another week they came in , did the measurement and I was told with another week galvanization of the whole railing will be done and they will come to install. Another 10 days past and no news. I tried to reach company be calling or sending text message but no answer. Finally Rohan answered my phone saying the project will be delayed because there is a backlog in galvanization workshop.
Finally after another 2 weeks or so they came in and installed the railing. When it finished I asked Rohan to put some copper or gold touch up on part of the railings. This is what he had told us the very first day he visited us . We asked for such dual tone and he had told us that the railing comes in black color and once installed they can add the touch up dual tone wherever we want. When I reminded Rohan about what he had told us for adding dual tone paint touch up, first he questioned me if he really said.so. Then he said he doesn't have the copper or gold paint spray with him but he promised he would bring it in next 2 days to do so. I agreed with this and since the main job was almost done, I paid him in full to show my respect to what we agreed on. That was my MISTAKE. Rohan never showed up since then, I called several times and each times either he didn't pick up the phone or he said he didn't get a chance to pick up the paint spray from paint store. He was supposed to come back within 2 days after installation to finish the paint touch up but now it is 3 weeks and no one showed up despite my calls and text messages to Rohan to remind him of this remaining task.
The whole project took way longer than what I was promised. The quality of the job seems OK but since the paint job is not complete yet, I don't consider this as a perfectly done job. They are so poor in follow up with customers. I WILL NOT recommend this company to anyone.

More about Access Railings

Access Railing is a leading manufacturer of Railings including Balconies, Gates and Fences. We provide complete services from manufacturing to installation from our Toronto office and can handle projects for Residential as well as Commercial places. We specialize in Wrought Iron which is crafted beautifully and will last for years ...
Looking for Railings pros in Milton?