Skyscapes

Reviews for Skyscapes

James in Toronto
James in Toronto

Ipe Tile Installation

Skyscapes supplied and installed 2' x 2' ipe hardwood tiles over existing cement pavers on my 750 sq ft terrace. The existing pavers were not completely level and a few were unstable/wobbly.

Dave was a pleasure to work with - he was responsive on email and showed up when we agreed. He brought samples to my place and was helpful and honest about the benefits and drawbacks of the different options. He left the samples I was interested in behind for a few days so I could check them out in different light and weather conditions.

The crew was friendly, polite and professional, and worked clean. They did a great job - the deck looks great, and is solid and level. I've had a lot of compliments. I'd definitely recommend working with Dave and Skyscapes.

Elaine
Elaine

Above and Beyond Service & Excellent Product!!!

We are so happy with our decision to work with Skyscapes for our composite flooring product and installation.

Dave and Mike were very professional and friendly, and it was fantastic working with their team. Dave was really helpful during the design stage and thoroughly answered all of our questions, while Mike had an amazing work ethic and eye for detail during the installation.

We had a few design challenges that needed to be overcome and Skyscapes went above and beyond to provide solutions to them all.

Our condo balcony is over 900 sqft, so we were happy that they could provide flooring that came in a large tile format (8ft x 2ft), along with special tiles that could be removed to provide access to anchors underneath (used by the window washers a few times a year). Skyscapes was one of the only companies that could provide this product format and this level of customization.

Being in a condo, we had to undergo a lengthy approval process for this project. Dave and Mike bent over backwards to meet with our condo management and engineering company on multiple occasions, and to answer any of their questions in order to obtain this approval.

Our terrace looks gorgeous and we are quite pleased with the end result. In addition to the flooring, we had lights embedded in the floor tiles around the perimeter of the terrace and they also refinished our hot tub. These floors and lights were installed in September 2017, and they still look amazing after a long winter.

Skyscapes also continues to be quick to respond to any of our needs regarding their product or the installation. We highly recommend their work.

Dan
Dan

Deck Tiles

It was a pleasure to find a group of young guys that are honest, responsive and work very very hard. The IPE tiles that they installed look great. They are certainly experts in knowing the best ways to install these tiles. I definitely recommend David and his team.

Thanks Dan for your kind words, it means a lot to have these qualities recognized in our team! All the best, Dave.

TraceyK in Old Toronto
TraceyK in Old Toronto

Balcony Decking Tile and Furniture Wrapping

Dave from Skyscapes was very patient in explaining the products, services and procedures and communication was good, mostly through email but also took time on phone too.
Was very satisfied with the quote and boy did his company deliver! We had to postpone a day for rain but his deck installer worked all day in constant cold and drizzling weather with a good attitude:) The result is amazing using the charcoal composite tile was positioned in a parquet pattern and the fit is tight and done right! It’s a great quality product with a 12 year warranty and it’s made for our harsh winters!

The furniture “shrink wrapping” they do is amazing..everything on my balcony carefully wiped down
and carefully stacked (tables, umbrella, balcony, bbq grill, full size day bed) with their special technique.
It’s now protected all winter and much cleaner and less hassle than the tarps. I just cut it open and go when the warm weather comes.
I will post more pictures then to show off the tile at its best :)☀️
I highly recommend Dave Rae and SkyScapes.

Thanks so much Tracey! Especially for understanding that sometimes our work is dependant on weather, very much appreciated!

Rich in Toronto
Rich in Toronto

Perfect fit for my condo balcony and I had old fashion railings

I have a 38sqft. balcony. The builder used one of the oldest holdings in the industry and the biggest issue with those is the amount it curves back and forth compared to a square or rectangle base. The technician was very patient and skilled that he even made that work perfectly. Incredible!

Hi Rich,

I am glad to hear you are enjoying your newly revamped space! It was a pleasure, we welcome a challenge!

Patio furniture wrapping for seasonal storage

We live in a small home in the city with no additional room for storage.
David's company provides a great solution for homes that want to winterize their outdoor furniture, and not spend hundreds of dollars (and time) renting a storage unit.
His team was very responsive, and did a great job cleaning our furniture and wrapping it on site. It doesn't take up a lot of room, and it's humidity controlled which helps. Using his service's will save us a lot of money, and prolong the life-span of our furniture. Great service and fair prices. Thanks!

Thank you for the review! Choosing to shrink wrap outdoor items is definitely a great way to protect your investments and save money on new furniture or storage.

Balcony Decking

Everyone I dealt with at this company was professional, respectful and honest. Workmanship exceeded my expectations. They had made a mistake in my favour with the estimate and I expected to have to fight them to stick to it, but there was never an issue. Before I needed to say a word, they said "it was our mistake; we will honour the estimate". Yes, I know this is the correct response but I do not believe all companies would respond that way. Cannot recommend enough.

Amanda
Amanda
6 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

So happy!

We just moved into a house that has a small balcony over our garage.

Skyscapes was the best bang for our buck. They were the only company to offer real wood and larger tiles for the same price or less than composite tiles.

The installation and payment process was smooth. The installers took their time to neatly install our floors even though it was over 34 degrees outside!

We’re so happy with our choice and don’t regret going with skyscapes for our balcony flooring. Thank Mike, Dave and the other installer (forgot his name)!

Admviolin in Old Toronto
Admviolin in Old Toronto

Balcony flooring

We had skyscapes install wood and turf on our balcony. The crew were very professional and respectful. The work was done very well. We are very happy with the result. Communication was great throughout the whole process.

archsps in Toronto
archsps in Toronto

Magic Transformation of Dated Balcony

I've been looking at my tiny balcony as a lost cause because all of the possible solutions looked not professional or were not accepted by my condo board and I thought I'm stuck with that sad looking uneven concrete floor. After I figured out that I can do the removable tiles my world has changed! Dave helped me through the process, quote was extremely pleasing and technician Giovante (so sorry I could badly misspell his name) did an amazing job, so now I'm one happy customer. It's too bad I only had one balcony to cover. I will definitely use this company in the future and have already recommended them to few of my friends.

More about Skyscapes

When it comes to outdoor balcony flooring, we pride ourselves on having a level of service to match the high quality products that we sell. Whether you plan to install the product yourself or take advantage of our installation services, our complementary in-home consultation will help you decide which outdoor ...
Looking for Floor Laying & Refinishing pros in Vaughan?