Skyscapes

Floor Laying & Refinishing

Reviews for Skyscapes

Balcony Decking

Everyone I dealt with at this company was professional, respectful and honest. Workmanship exceeded my expectations. They had made a mistake in my favour with the estimate and I expected to have to fight them to stick to it, but there was never an issue. Before I needed to say a word, they said "it was our mistake; we will honour the estimate". Yes, I know this is the correct response but I do not believe all companies would respond that way. Cannot recommend enough.

Amanda
Amanda
5 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

So happy!

We just moved into a house that has a small balcony over our garage.

Skyscapes was the best bang for our buck. They were the only company to offer real wood and larger tiles for the same price or less than composite tiles.

The installation and payment process was smooth. The installers took their time to neatly install our floors even though it was over 34 degrees outside!

We’re so happy with our choice and don’t regret going with skyscapes for our balcony flooring. Thank Mike, Dave and the other installer (forgot his name)!

Admviolin in Old Toronto
Admviolin in Old Toronto

Balcony flooring

We had skyscapes install wood and turf on our balcony. The crew were very professional and respectful. The work was done very well. We are very happy with the result. Communication was great throughout the whole process.

archsps in Toronto
archsps in Toronto

Magic Transformation of Dated Balcony

I've been looking at my tiny balcony as a lost cause because all of the possible solutions looked not professional or were not accepted by my condo board and I thought I'm stuck with that sad looking uneven concrete floor. After I figured out that I can do the removable tiles my world has changed! Dave helped me through the process, quote was extremely pleasing and technician Giovante (so sorry I could badly misspell his name) did an amazing job, so now I'm one happy customer. It's too bad I only had one balcony to cover. I will definitely use this company in the future and have already recommended them to few of my friends.

Ipe Flooring Install on Balcony

Dave's team installed Ipe wood flooring on my balcony. Overall the experience was positive. The installation crew did an excellent job cutting and setting the flooring on an oddly shaped balcony and didn't leave until the job was done.

M & M Stone in Old Toronto
M & M Stone in Old Toronto

Balcony Flooring

We moved into our condo last August. It was late fall before we got around to thinking about flooring for our two balconies, each one about 50 square feet and oddly shaped. Dave came over to show us samples within a day or two of our call. We had checked out a few companies but only he had the product we wanted- the exact look, functionality, and durability that we were looking for.
It wasn't the easiest installation, but Mike did a superb job fitting the tiles into the angles with precision and confidence. By the time he left, we had clean, beautiful flooring. The whole process took less than a week. And both men couldn't have been more pleasant!
This spring we were aghast to find we'd scratched the floor while moving some planters. But no problem! We phoned Dave yesterday. Today Mike came and removed all scratches with a little sandpaper.
Impeccable product and service are rare. Skyscapes is a great choice. The company receives our unqualified recommendation!
M & M Stone

negin
negin

Amazing work, start to finish.

My condo balcony is 150 sqf and I received 2 estimates for composite deck tiles. One was very high and one was low but I did not like the look of the tiles (of the lower estimate). So I decided to ask for a third estimate and chose Skyscapes. I totally lucked out. Their estimate was very good, their material really nice, and they offered the LED lights that others did not. I decided to go with them after meeting Dave and he was able to accommodate installation within 2 days. Other company would have take 10 weeks. The installers were amazing, Mike did an exceptional job, not only installing with a high quality and attention to detail but since he had a lot of experience, he made some excellent design recommendation. My balcony looks like amazing, better than I would have imagined. I would strongly recommend going with Skyscapes, don't even look at their competitions.

terrace renovation

With a plan in mind as to how we wanted our large outside area to look we contacted Dave and Skyscapes. They understood what we envisioned, developed the design and gave us a beautiful deck area and green space --up in the sky-!
The workers were great--kept the work area neat and clean, solved some unanticipated problems and met deadlines.
Highly recommended----

Clippership in Kitchener
Clippership in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Ipe wood balcony flooring holding up well

We had Skyscapes install Ipe wood balcony flooring on our large balcony nearly a year ago. The installers were really nice guys and they returned several times to check the installation and tweak places that could be improved. It looks beautiful.

It's gone through four seasons of all kinds of weather (including a brutal winter) and it's held up just great (see 2nd picture below). Although the wood has faded somewhat where exposed to the sun, and there are some faint water marks from our very active balcony garden (both to be expected) it still looks great and feels good under bare feet. Wood will weather! The beauty of wood, of course, is that it still looks good as it gets older.

Even so I plan to re-treat the wood with an oil recommended by the installer to keep the colour rich. You'll see the latest (last) photo shows how it is now, untreated.

Carrie
Carrie

Terrace Looks Amazing

We found Skyscapes at the Home Show. They were one of a very few companies that were geared towards terraces and balconies. We learned that they carry excellent products and their services were very well-priced. Dave came to our condo and spent a long time explaining the product and how everything would get laid out....our terrace is quite large. he assisted in our dealings with the condo board, even dropping off a sample of the decking for their review. Mike and Stefan arrived as discussed. They worked for about 7 hours a day, without lunch breaks, for four days until the terrace was finished. They were clean, polite and Mike is a perfectionist! Our Ipe wood terrace looks amazing and we couldn't be happier. No hesitation in recommending Skyscapes.

More about Skyscapes

When it comes to outdoor balcony flooring, we pride ourselves on having a level of service to match the high quality products that we sell. Whether you plan to install the product yourself or take advantage of our installation services, our complementary in-home consultation will help you decide which outdoor ...