Red Seal Drainage And Plumbing

Reviews for Red Seal Drainage And Plumbing

j_l_01 in Vancouver
j_l_01 in Vancouver

Plumbing

Long story short, we were faced with several catastrophic events at our home and needed someone to come look at it. After calling Red Seal, Alex was prompt and able to send someone in asap. Robin came to check out the damage (we needed to identify a basement leak). We went over the details of the leak, ran every test we could, and he pored over every possibility. He was friendly, knowledgeable, and provided several solutions. I felt the price was excellent too. All in all, the service was exceptional.

Kristin
Kristin

Drainage pipe clogged leading to flooding

We were definitely in a panic when we found our basement and washroom flooded few months back. Alex came within a few hours, inspected and resolved the drainage blockage within an hour or so. He used a camera and built a long device to unclog our blockage. We were very impressed by his expertise and ability to solve the problem so quickly. Something only someone with a lot of experience would be able to do. Will be using Alex as our plumber for all our future needs.

Plumbing in Coquitlam
Plumbing in Coquitlam
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Basement bathroom

My first time ever write review. The reason I decide to write this review because Red seal plumbing is going above and beyond their duties to resolve our sewage’s blockage in our tenants’ basement toilet and bath tube in the short time. Alex was very pleasant and professional. His diagnosis for the bloackage was very accurate. Last but not least, if I would give 6 stars for Ref seal plumbing instead of 5 stars. I previously used Milani plumbing and Rotor plumbing a few times. Anyone had problems with plumbing issues, I would highly recommend red seal plumbing. Honestly, I wish I would know this company a few years ago. Thank you Alex pushed back some of his jobs to take care of our urgent plumbing needs.

Ivan in Vancouver
Ivan in Vancouver

Water Main Break/Toilet Replacement/Clear Clogged Drain

On my rental property I had a water main break which lead to flooding inside my basement. I called Alex from Red Seal Drainage and Plumbing and he quickly diagnosed the issue and even shut the water off for my property and ran a secondary line from my neighbor's house so that my renters would have water throughout the repairs. Alex also replaced a toilet and cleared a clogged tub drain. Alex answered all my questions and had the repair work done within a day. He also did some extra work and did not charge me for that service. I could not be happier to have used Alex with Red Seal Drainage and Plumbing and would recommend him and also will be using his services in the future. Alex is a professional and the quality of his work is excellent. Thank You Alex....

Elizabeth in Vancouver
Elizabeth in Vancouver

Long Wire Stuck in Clogged Bathtub Drain

My husband and I had a clogged drain and like many we tried unsuccessfully to unclog it using a wire but the wire became hopelessly stuck and the drain remained clogged! I called Red Seal upon the recommendation of my brother in law and they came to my aid! They scheduled a time around my workday and the Amazing Alex got the wire out when it looked like it was going to require a major repair and then I clogged the drain to where water was flowing down it better than when we moved in! They whole thing took maybe half an hour and getting that wire out was no small feat and could have meant opening up walls and tub removal but Alex kept up his efforts to get things done as simply as possible for me! I’d would and will be recommending Alex and Red Seal to everyone! Thank you Alex!

Hi Elizabeth, we're ultimately satisfied only when our clients are. Super glad everything worked out, feel free to give us a call if any plumbing issue arises in the future. Have a great day!

Eric in Vancouver
Eric in Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Drainage pipe replacement

The cast iron pipe from the kitchen sink rusted out, leaking into the basement, Alex came right away and fixed the problem. Alex & Robin also came across a problem with the remaining pipe and fixed that as well.
I will be using Red Seal for any future plumbing problems.

Hi Eric,
Thanks for the Review! We were happy to not only fix the leak but also the clogged drainage at the same time!
Have a great day!
Red Seal Drainage and Plumbing

Craig B.
Craig B.
3 reviews Vancouver, BC

Project done to my satisfaction

My kitchen sink backed up yesterday and I immediately called my friends at Red Seal. Alex came out and tried a snake on it, but it would not budge. At the last resort, he hauled out his plunger and that cleared the problem and for that, I am very thankful. Thank you, Alex and your great team of professionals!

You're welcome Craig! We appreciate the 10 star review and the compliments! Have an awesome day!

nb from Vancouver
nb from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Blocked Sewer Line -- cleared!

This problem was urgent: guest bathroom toilet (not used for days) spontaneously overflowed and flooded the basement after a shower elsewhere in the house. (Luckily the flood water was clean!). Preliminary diagnosis -- plugged sewer line. And more guests arriving later the same day!

I called Red Seal before 8 am, and by 8:30 was talking to Alex, the plumber who would be doing the work. By 9:45 Alex was on site and at work.

This house was not easy to work on: nearly 100 years old, ancient pipes, prior renos with botched plumbing, barely accessible sump to explore, numerous steps to haul equipment up and down, and throughout it all Alex was pleasant, explained clearly what he was doing, and was patient with questions. It was obvious he was knowledgeable and experienced, and that he enjoyed his work and solving challenging problems.

Best of all, he found the blockage (roots growing into the sewer line), and with some effort managed to clear it! He got us through this emergency and made suggestions for future work we might consider.

I would have no hesitation to have Alex back for any plumbing or drainage issue. If only all emergencies could turn out so well!

Hi there Nancy
We're so glad to hear everything worked out well.
We apply our knowledge and skill set to assure the work gets done correctly the first time!
Thanks for the detailed review and have a great day!
Cheers

jack in Vancouver
jack in Vancouver

water line leak

Alex did a very good job both in the re-installation of the lawn and cleanliness inside the house, after replacing the whole line from the city side to my house.

Thanks so much on the review Jack!
After achieving the designated task our team always wants to leave the location as best as they found it!

RL
RL
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Water line leak

We had a leak in the water line running to our house. I dug down and found the leak, turned off the water at the street and called Red Seal. This was a Saturday, and within 3 hours of the call, the leak was fixed. Great service. Definitely recommend them.

Thank you so much for the 10 star review! We value our workmanship and glad to help out any day of the week! Have a great day
The Red Seal Plumbing Team

More about Red Seal Drainage And Plumbing

Red Seal Plumbing is a full service plumbing and drain cleaning company operating in the Greater Vancouver Regional District. We specialize in emergency services, but also maintenance and repair for new and existing commercial and residential customers. Our courteous and respectful crew is committed to providing honest, quality work at reasonable prices.

First time customers and senior citizens (65+) receive a 10% discount when you mention this.

Drain Services and Plumbing
Get fast repairs, whether the issue is a midnight backup, a mainline needing a clog removed or repairing a burst pipe, the customers get fast responsive service. Plumbing and gas-fitting expertise gives quick help and answers with a one-call solution company.
Our courteous and well-trained plumbers are available for the following emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week: Basement Floods Burst Pipes Camera Inspections Clogged drains Drain flushing Drain tiles Inspection and Maintenance Sewer lines Sinks, Garburators, Laundry and Tubs Sump maintenance Toilets Water lines
Kohler, Moen
In 2008 Red Seal Drainage & Plumbing developed and started using a standardized system for Customer Service. Our business in helping people. That’s much more than just repairing pipes and improving homes.
First time customers as well as senior citizens (65+) receive a 10% discount! Mention it when you call to book your next appointment. FAQs Clogged Drains: Q. How can a drain get clogged? A. Grease and garburators are two very common causes. Think before you put it down the sink. Drain Tile Damage: Q. How often should drain tiles be cleaned out? A. Drain tiles should be cleaned out ever 1-2 years depending on the type and age of the pipes. Q. What is drain tile made from? A. Clay tile of PVC. Flooded Basements: Q. What causes a flooded basement? A. Cracked foundations or plugged drain tile are common causes; as well burst pipes can cause serious damage. Garburators: Q. What can’t I put down a garburator? A. Your garburator is meant to shred food waste into pieces small enough—generally less than 2 mm (0.079 in)—to pass through plumbing. You should never place chicken skins, onion skins, potato peels, bones, egg shells or any other items that cannot be shred. Q. How do I repair my garburator? A. If your garburator isn’t working properly, it could be either a plumbing issue, and electrical issue or an issue with the appliance at all. If it isn’t working or making a sound, try pushing the red reset button on the bottom of the disposal unit and check the breaker. If it hums, but doesn’t turn, try using a broom handle to turn the cutting wheel inside the drain. If neither of these quick fixes work, you need to contact a plumber and consider replacing the unit. Sewer Lines: Q. How often should sewer lines be cleaned out? A. Depending on their age, sewer lines should be inspected annually using a camera. In addition, if they have backed up in the past, they should be cleaned out every 1-2 years. Sinks: Q. What should I do if my drain is clogged? A. While some would think that a chemical drain cleaner is a good first step, they are very toxic in nature which can have a serious negative effect on your piping over time. Rather than using these toxic, pipe-deteriorating chemicals, try a few maintenance products that contain natural bacteria and enzymes. These do a great job limiting drain sludge and grease from building up. If these don’t work, contact your local plumber to have them professionally snaked. Sump Pumps: Q. How often should a sump pump be replaced? A. While there is no hard and fast rule for how often you should replace a sump pump as the need varies depending on how often the pump operators. Test your system regularly to make sure its fully operational by pouring a bucket of water into the sump pit and ensuring it kicks on, removes the water and shuts itself off. We’ve found that planning on replacing once every 10 years or so is a good practice, but again, regular testing will best advise you. Toilets: Q. What causes toilet back-ups? A. With regular usage, a toilet sometimes becomes clogged by toilet tissue and waste matter that has collected in the sewer drain pipe. When this blockage is coupled with the tampons, q-tips, hair, grease, and other debris, the proper air flow through the line causes a gurgling sound. This should be addressed immediately through the use of a drain snake. Q. How do you fix a running toilet? A. The most common cause of a continuously running toilet tank is the flapper, so start by replacing it. The part is inexpensive and it’s easy to replace (just turn off the water, drain the tank and replace the bad flapper). If it’s still running, it’s probably that the chain is too long and is getting caught under the flapper. Try removing a few links and reattaching. Q. What do I do if my toilet is leaking? A. There are actually 2 common causes of toilet leaks, the tank ball at the bottom of the tank or an improperly adjusted or broken fill valve. With the tank ball, the leak will occur around the seat on which the ball sits and drain into the bowl. With the fill valve, if the float is set too high or the shutoff doesn’t close, water will continue to overflow into the overflow tube. While both of these issues can be fixed by a homeowner, it is sometimes best to just have an expert check your entire system to eliminate any associated issues that have yet to surface.
2008