3203 93 St Edmonton AB T6N 0B2

Reviews for Pacesetter Homes

Cindy in Edmonton
Cindy in Edmonton

Good service

Pacesetter sales manager Kelly who is very nice guy help me a lots and his assistant Judy Very patient. From picked lot until diced house colour. Now my house almost perssition everything all satisfied that’s why I give five stars

Hi Cindy,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Judy and Kelly. I'm so glad that you felt supported throughout all of the stages of the home build. I hope you enjoy the move-in process just as much!

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Warrenty service

Subcontractors skills seems to be worse than few years back

The new home warranty program
Crews come extremely slow
Inspector has limited knowledge of residential house
Have to hassle the warranty department to make a date for commission
And dead end most of the time

Jessica in Edmonton
Jessica in Edmonton

Poor Quality, Worse Customer Service

Referral bonus is a hoax. Referred some friends to Pacesetter and never received a cheque. When our friends followed up with their sales team we learned that they had actually forgotten to fill out the paper work for the referral - Pacesetter is refusing to honor the referral despite this being their mistake.

Countless other issues with Pacesetter as well:
-A month before our possession date we were told that we would need to pay an additional $3000 for an air intake system because of the kitchen fan we had chosen (they neglected to inform us when we had sent them our appliance selections a year and a half prior...)
-The house was a mess on our possession day (sawdust all over, painters in our home for hours after possession as they forgot to paint a large section of the home)
-Poor workmanship (our basement floor was sloping to one side...)
-staff are constantly late for warranty appointments, trades days etc. (most recently, a technician was 4hrs late - apparently their staff member did not show up to work - they did not give us a courtesy call to inform us); Pacesetter is inconsiderate of the fact that people take time off work to accommodate appointments
-Lack of urgency when addressing any issues, we have had outstanding warranty issues that have not been addressed for over a year now - ‘seasonal items’ will be continually pushed back year after year

I could go on and on about the issues we have had with this builder. If you’re looking for a quality home and good customer service, I would look elsewhere.

Hi Steven and Jessica,

I have reached out to the management team in the various departments you’ve mentioned below and I will do my best to address the concerns you’ve listed.

In regards to our referral bonus process, I would like to clarify that in order to qualify for a referral bonus, the purchasing client must list your name as a referee at the time the contract is signed. Unfortunately, in this particular case you were not mentioned as a referee. Furthermore, when this subject was brought up after the fact, the clients did ultimately decide to list a different referee, and as such, a referral has been offered to be paid out to them. I apologize if this process was not clear.

As far as your possession day is concerned, I agree that it is unacceptable that you were asked to move into a home that did not have a final clean completed. While it can be expected to have minor items noted at occupancy, these major items should have been completed. Thank you for noting this as I would like to look further into it.

In regards to warranty and seasonal items, I am sorry to hear that you feel your time has not been respected over the various appointments we have scheduled with you. While we are working diligently to improve our processes, I understand that you have experienced some extenuating circumstances that lead to a great deal of frustration. This is something we are adamant about correcting in our future communication with you. With that being said, I have been informed that you have been contacted by the warranty team in an effort to wrap up the remaining outstanding items. The seasonal department has also noted that your rough grade did receive approval on July 3, and that we are now waiting to receive the final grade documents from you.

I do hope that the remainder of your experience in working with our aftercare teams will be positive. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at pacesettersales@qualico.com. Thank you.

locobusta in Edmonton
locobusta in Edmonton

Our First Home

Pacesetter has made purchasing our first home painless and the more people I talk to, I know we are in awesome hands. Many of my friends own Pacesetter Homes and love them.

Hi locobusta,

You are absolutely in good hands with us here at Pacesetter! You are more than welcome to reach out to us or your sales team at any time; helping first time home buyers navigate the process is something we take great pride in. Best wishes to you in your new home.

Pace Setter Home Purchase

I love my new Pacesetter home! Sony was a fantastic sales guy! Always available and took the time to show me several properties before I ended up purchasing a showhome. Couldn't be happier with this decision. Highly recomend!!

Hi Private User,

I'm so happy to hear that you've had such an enjoyable home buying experience with Sunny! He truly puts every ounce of effort into every communication he has with his clients. Wishing you many happy years in your new home.

Kirstenmclaren in Edmonton
Kirstenmclaren in Edmonton

Home

The process of buying wasn’t the greatest with them but once everything was done I am happy. The final inspection and walkthru was great. They were informative on how everything works in the house. I love my kitchen especially, it is really well done and I love the finishes.

Hi Kirsten,

I'm glad to hear that you are pleased with your home, as well as with the final walk through experience. With that said, i'd love to hear more about your buying process. Our goal is to ensure that all of our clients feel informed and supported throughout every stage of the process. If you feel there is an area in which we can improve, please feel free to share this feedback with us at pacesettersales@qualico.com. Thank you.

New home

Bought my brand new home from Pacesetter. It was designed from scratch and I made all the decisions for the interior from their many selections available. They informed me about their various stages till my house was ready in a reasonable time and it's been a great journey. Quite happy with my brand new home.

Hi Private User,

I can only imagine how beautiful your home must be now that you've been able to add your personal touch to every bit of the design process. I hope that your home is uniquely you, and that it is every bit as wonderful as you had dreamt it to be.

Monika C. in Edmonton
Monika C. in Edmonton

Pacesetter in Summerside, Edmonton

So far we have been very happy with Pacesetter. Especially with our area manager Diane Sasseville. She has been such a pleasure to work with and is always there to answer all of our questions. We could not be happier! Now I am looking forward to see our house when it is done!

Hi Monika,

Congratulations on the purchase of your new home! You've made some exceptional decisions in relation to the location you've selected as well as in the Area Manager you've chosen to share your home buying journey with. Diane is truly a remarkable team member that displays nothing but the highest gratitude for each and every one of her clients. Best of luck with the move!

Tae in Edmonton
Tae in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

The worst experience ever in my life

I have had a contract with reid built homes on Feb.2017
Unfortunately that builder went bankruptcy and I knew it on Sept. 2017 and the pacesetter took these cases over from Reidbuilt homes so I made a contract with pacesetter without my .deposit because my deposit was gone with The Reidbuilt homes and pacesetter gave me word to get my house done by July and got delayed to October.
Now they said I have to wait to next Mar. 2019.
However I have visited to showhome and asked them when my house starts building but I was told they don't even have building permit.
In the mean time, I've received my deposit back from the Alberta home warranty and they asked me my deposit back to facesetter even though I made contract without deposit first time, but I gave it to pacesetter without any complain and blame at that time.

I have been frustrating and disappointing too much and I thought what kind of company treats customer so horribly so is there anyone who is on high position in pacesetter to give me right answer or there is no one... cancel my contract and give my deposit back... because I can't believe in pacesetter anymore so I will leave my job NO.#6214P but I don't know How long you take a time to check this case or you don't check...

I am still mad of it so please don't make me wait longer or if you guys can't keep your word then let me go cause I'm sick of waiting and let me get out of the worst company.

who is waiting for their new house over 2 years and the designQ center has a bad customer service too.
I would like to tell the other clients or customers " have a very good time with pacesetter", but I never recommend to my friends and anyone I knew.
One thing, west selling manager is trying to treat people good.

Hi Tae,

The concerns you have noted in this review have now been discussed with both your Area Manager as well as upper management here at Pacesetter. While it sounds as though there is a great deal of confusion surrounding the situation, we do have to apologize for the frustration this has caused you.

We recognize that during the transition between cancelling your Reid contract and writing your new Pacesetter contract, we have experienced some unavoidable delays in receivership. With that being said, we are unable to begin the build on a new home without first securing a deposit on the home.

We would like to take the time to set up a meeting between yourself and our management team to help further clarify the details of your file, as well as communicating what you can expect going forward. Your Area Manager will be reaching out to you immediately to set up this meeting.

Your happiness as a homeowner is absolutely our top priority. We look forward to speaking with you further on the matter.

Thank you.

Product

They were very helpful to us looking for the best house that we want, we’ve been working with this guy “Dev” (from Pacesetter) for almost 2months just to show us different design, layout, community locations, price range and deals just to satisfy our needs, and one thing I like with this guy is, so approachable and he will answers your call anytime of the day if u need something... thank Dev Gaurav...

Bien
Henley Heights Secord

Hi There,

You've certainly chosen one of the hardest working members of our Pacesetter family to team up with! Dev is well known for working long hours so that he never misses an opportunity to provide the support that each and every client deserves. Wishing you all the best in the remainder of your home buying journey.

More about Pacesetter Homes