First Rate Movers Inc.

Moving & Storage
Moving & Storage
First Rate Movers Inc.

Reviews for First Rate Movers Inc.

Heather Kelly from Nepean
Heather Kelly from Nepean
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Moving

Finally getting around to giving credit where it's due. My aunt moved her (mostly antique) belongings into her apartment last November. First Rate Mover's service was outstanding. ALL items were blanket wrapped. They were extremely careful with her belongings. They were also on time, very quick, clean, polite and affordable. I was SO impressed! I would recommend them to anyone!

Thanks for the great review Heather

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

2 days of moving

We hired First Rate based on client testimonials. As it turns out, you’re all right about how good First Rate is! This was not a small move with more than 300 boxes, and they got the work done in 2 days (one regular day, the second day they worked longer), without damaging anything. We had scheduled 3 days so we were really pleased to see the work done in 2 days. Saved us money. We definitely recommend First Rate to anyone who’s looking for a smooth move!

Gary In Kanata

Thanks for the great review Gary

Katherine in Toronto
Katherine in Toronto
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Best Moving Company I have ever had

We moved from Toronto to Ottawa in 2013 and then Ottawa to Hamilton in 2015 and used First Rate both times. I have hired at least 5 other moving companies in my life and these guys were by far the best movers. Communication was great, price was fair and well-explained, and the quality of the movers was exactly as it should be. They worked hard and quick and took great care of our items. I wish we still lived in Ottawa so I could have hired them again for another move, but instead we were charged almost the same for an in-city move by another company with not nearly the same amount of professionalism, pride in their work. I really could not recommend these guys enough. I assume it is still Matt who works there and runs things (I even remember his name). Seriously, I hope they stay just as good as we would like to move back there some day and they will be the first people I call. I should note that the first move, we were flexible with dates and they were able to find another move to share with so the cost was much less than the one from Ottawa to Hamilton in the dead of winter which was a dedicated move as no one seemed to want to move from GTA to Ottawa that same week. It was worth the cost knowing that our items were in good hands and that we could trust these guys.

Thanks for the great review Katherine

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Local move by First Rate Movers, Ottawa

Thanks to two very strong workers for a cracking good job! They arrived on time, worked quickly, and carried everything up the stairs to the third floor at an amazing speed. The move went extremely smoothly. I am very happy to recommend First Rate Movers in Ottawa.

Thanks for the great review

Margaret in Kanata
Margaret in Kanata
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Short move within city

My sister-in-law and I hired First Rate Movers to relocate her father with only three days notice at the end of the month when a long term bed suddenly became available for him. They moved all of his belongings from his retirement home to the long term care facility at the far end of the city quickly and efficiently. They were kind, quiet, and respectful in all aspects of the rather stressful situation. The service was top notch in every respect. Thank you very much.
Margaret

Thanks for the great review Margaret

Audrey in London
Audrey in London
1 review Ottawa, ON

Stress free moving!

I cannot recommend this company highly enough. I recently moved from a three bedroom house in barrhaven to a four bedroom house, also in Barrhaven.

The team that arrived was very professional and efficient. They had to contend with harsh winter conditions and it did not slow them down at all.

They used runners to protect my hardwood floor, and wrapped all my furniture in clean moving blankets. All of my furniture was moved without damage. Moving can be so stressful - thanks to Wes, Arron, Chris, Zach and Adam, this move went off without a hitch. Thanks guys!

Thanks for the great review Audrey

Stephen in Toronto
Stephen in Toronto
1 review Kemptville, ON

New Home Move

The manager was extremely flexible and accommodated last changes well within reason.

We hired their services twice and each experience improved on the last, with a high degree of service and efficiency. Both moves were challenging, multi-location moves.

In the second move they even helped get our new appliances into the house, because the delivery guys couldn't figure it out.

I highly recommend this team.

Thanks for the great review Stephen

Bruce in Toronto
Bruce in Toronto
1 review Bath, ON

Heavy move including fitness equipment

I could not have been more pleased with the move. The friendly and prompt phone and email service with Matt started it off. James and Adam were professional and friendly hard workers and the runners for the floor and quilts to wrap furniture were clean and new. They moved lots of heavy awkward fitness equipment quickly with no marks on the wall at all, it all really couldn't have gone any better.

Thanks Bruce

Diane
Diane
13 reviews Russell, ON

Moving services

I recently moved from Russell to Orleans and used First Rate Movers. I found this company after doing research on movers, and after I found First Rate Movers, I just knew I HAD to use them. I did and they did not disappoint! This has been my best moving experience ever, with the best possible crew ever. Everything was handled in an extremely professional/courteous manner, from start to finish. I would not hesitate to use them again.

Thanks Diane.

h.t.harvey in Orleans, Ontario Canad
h.t.harvey in Orleans, Ontario Canad
1 review Ottawa, ON

Great Experience

Moving Day was the best and least stressful part of the entire, months-long moving process. The four-man crew (Wes, Cody, Donald and Adam) were prompt, worked quickly, were careful, and were courteous and cheerful. We would not hesitate to use First Rate Movers again or to recommend the company to others. The Harveys

Thank you kindly for the compliments. It was our pleasure to work for you and we look forward to impressing any referrals that you might send our way.

More about First Rate Movers Inc.

Ottawa movers moving Ottawa since 2003. We are respected as one of the best moving companies in Ottawa due to our professionalism, attention to detail, concern for customers’ belongings and property, and ability to do the job right. Uniformed First Rate Movers arrive on time, alert, properly equipped and ready ...
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Ottawa?