First Rate Movers Inc.

Nepean ON
First Rate Movers Inc
Owner/Manager
Matt Guest [Full profile]
HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in MUNSTER  >  First Rate Movers Inc.
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for First Rate Movers Inc.

h.t.harvey in Orleans, Ontario Canad
1 review Ottawa, ON

Moving Day was the best and least stressful part of the entire, months-long moving process. The four-man crew (Wes, Cody, Donald and Adam) were prompt, worked quickly, were careful, and were courteous and cheerful. We would not hesitate to use First Rate Movers again or to recommend the company to others. The Harveys

Job Price

Thank you kindly for the compliments. It was our pleasure to work for you and we look forward to impressing any referrals that you might send our way.

Huffy & Gilly Griffin in Toronto
1 review Gatineau, PQ

We really appreciated the professionalism and the positive and good natured manner of the movers (i.e. Wes, Adam, Cody and Donald). They worked quickly and efficiently, and were very careful with our belongings. There were no casualties, and all the boxes etc were placed in the right rooms at the end. Despite being harassed by people in cars who couldn't get past the truck, and a visit from the local police due to the blockage, they never lost their cool. A move can often be stressful but they made it quite pleasant.

Job Price

Thank you very much for the compliments Huffy & Gilly. We hope you enjoy your new place.

Marilyn i.
1 review Ottawa, ON

The guys were super efficient, cheerful, conscientious and professional. They made our move a much more pleasant than moves we have previously experienced.

Job Price

Thank you Marilyn for using our services and for the compliments. We hope you will recommend us to your friends and family.

greniersharon
1 review Ottawa, ON

Had a great experience with First Rate Movers. They were professional, efficient and very respectful of our belongings. Pricing was amazingly and couldn't be beat!! Would highly recommend!!

Job Price

Thanks Sharon. It was our pleasure to move you.

Dan
1 review Ottawa, ON

Our move, managed by First Rate Movers, went really well. The guys assigned to the move were cautious, courteous and very effective. Your services were greatly appreciated and we certainly would not hesitate to recommend your company to friends and family. Thanks again.

Job Price

Thank you very much Dan. Hope you enjoy your new home.

Brenda
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Pleasant, efficient, and flexible. Wrapped items as promised. Jesse even had some great ideas for furniture placement in the new home.

Job Price

Thanks Brenda. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the future.

Marie-Claire
1 review Ottawa, ON

I just wanted to take a moment from my very busy schedule to express my sincere thanks to the movers (Todd and Mathew) with First Rate Movers Inc. who took care of my recent move. They were very professional and made the move in a very efficient and careful way. Their sense of humour really made the move a fun one!! Thanks again guys for your excellent services. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend First Rate Movers Inc. for your next move!!

Marie-Claire

Job Price

Thanks for the compliments Marie-Claire. We look forward to working with you again in the future. Enjoy your new place.

,Matt Guest
General Manager

Vasu
1 review Ottawa, ON

I really admired about your crews patience and client centric approach . As estimated the crew wrapped up everything on time and have received every item in good condition. I'm happy I chose First Rate Movers. Your crew ( Aaron and his buddy) were absolutely terrific. Thank you again!

Job Price

Thanks Vasu. it was our pleasure to work for you. Hope you enjoy your new home.

Regards,

Matt Guest
General Manager

Caro from Ottawa
2 reviews , ON

Matt, the owner provided us an accurate quote based on the information we provided. First rate movers did a wonderful job moving us from a townhouse into a bungalow. The 4 man crew worked efficiently and Jesse (onsite supervisor) kept us informed of the progress. All furniture and goods were properly wrapped and in perfect condition upon arrival and placed where requested. Even though we had ample insurance, they guys were extremely careful, and we did not encounter any issues. Our move ended up spanning over 2 days (unexpectantly due to the sheer volume of large pieces of furniture and household goods - this is not a reflection of the crew, we just had too much stuff!)) and lucky for us the crew and truck were available. Jesse contacted Matt and took care of rescheduling part of the crew for the next day. We could not be happier with the work of this moving company and crew. We highly recommend them to anyone moving, regardless of how big or small your move it. Great job guys!!

Thanks Caro

Brian L from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Our decision to hire First Rate Movers was the best choice we could have made. It all started with an online quote on their website, to which the owner himself, Matt, replied. It took a few days to get a reply, and I almost gave up but Matt admitted to his mistake of having accidently marked the email as replied and was very prompt with the rest of our back and forth. While this wasn't the cheapest quote, it was still reasonable and didn't feel like a low-ball amount just to get someone's business.

So after a few emails, a booking was made for our moving day, which was a Saturday. A confirmation call was also received a couple of days before the move. I was also told that since we had an afternoon slot, we should call in around 10am on moving day to get confirmation of the crew's arrival time, just in case they were behind on their morning job. So I call in, and Matt had some bad news: my crew was stuck in Toronto. But he was going to make a call or two and get back to me. 10 minutes later, he tells me that he found a crew from another company he sometimes deals with. I was a little skeptical, but this was moving day, and I didn't have too much of a choice.

The guys showed up right on time, were very friendly and very efficient. They had my apartment emptied within a little over an hour, despite being in a highrise building. We met up at my new house a few minutes later, and this is where the movers' expertise and care really shined. 2 pieces in particular were very (and I mean VERY) tight fits, the box spring up the stairs and a TV wall unit down the stairs. After a lot of sweating, grunting, and maneuvering, they got it all where it belonged.

There were no hidden fees, no bogus stairs fees or any of that BS other companies will charge for after the fact. The final bill was actually less than I was quoted simply because the guys finished early. I couldn't have been happier with my experience. It could have been a disaster, but Matt made sure it wasn't. I can't recommend this company enough.

Thanks Brian

More about First Rate Movers Inc.

Ottawa movers moving Ottawa since 2003. We are respected as one of the best moving companies in Ottawa due to our professionalism, attention to detail, concern for customers’ belongings and property, and ability to do the job right. Uniformed First Rate Movers arrive on time, alert, properly equipped and ready to perform to the high standards demanded by our customers.

You can be confident that our crews will be prepared with tools, bed bags, couch wrap, wardrobe boxes, clean moving blankets, floor runners, and all other equipment necessary to safely protect your belongings and property during your move. Confidence in our ability to provide a first rate professional moving service allows us to include $250,000 of full replacement value insurance in our rates for all full-service moves. This is far superior to the limited coverage “protection policy” offered by other Ottawa moving companies.

Unlike many Ottawa Movers, we hire only full-time employees – no part-timers or day labour. Our professional Ottawa movers are well paid, WSIB-covered, and receive overtime, holiday pay, vacation pay, and other benefits. This attracts superior movers and results in greater effort from more content and dedicated employees. You can take comfort in knowing that our Ottawa moving company is bonded, a top-rated Honour Roll member of the Better Business Bureau, and is certified by the Canadian Association of Movers.