First Rate Movers Inc.

Moving & Storage
388 – 100 Gloucester St Ottawa ON K2P
Moving & Storage
First Rate Movers Inc.

Reviews for First Rate Movers Inc.

jocelyn in Mississauga
jocelyn in Mississauga

First Rate Movers - A Professional crew

The crew that did my move was courteous, professional. Although working on a hourly rate, they hustled and yet were meticulous and ensured that everything was wrapped up properly and loaded without damaged to the house or the furniture.

I did numerous moved and this was by far the best one I had.

Thanks for the awesome review Jocelyn. Happy to hear you were impressed with our service.

Susan R in Kemptville
Susan R in Kemptville
0 reviews Kemptville, ON

home move

It is easy to see why this company is called "First Rate" Movers, and why they have an A+ rating with The Better Business Bureau
From the initial call with the owner to the completion of our move, we were extremely pleased. They actually made moving an enjoyable experience . It reduced our stress, when we saw how professional and efficient the movers were, in padding and wrapping everything to prevent any damage
The team were also polite and pleasant in answering any questions or concerns we had
It's a pleasure to recommend this company

Thanks for the great review Susan. We look forward to assisting you and your friends with any future moving requirements.

Chris in Saint-lazare
Chris in Saint-lazare
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Exceptional Service

Just moved August 13, 2019 and was thoroughly impressed with the service. Some furniture that I should have disassembled was done so by the movers without question. They then reassembled at the new home again without question. The move out of the old house and into the new was very organized and left no damage to either our stuff or the homes. This was exactly the stress free service I was hoping for which they provided beyond expectation. They worked extremely hard, without taking a lunch, and finished well ahead of the estimated time. Very, very pleased with this service where I would highly recommend First Rate Movers

Thanks for the great review Chris.

Robin
Robin
1 review Ottawa, ON

The owner of this company will not assist with any form of customer service.

I hired this company to move our things into storage and then into our new home. They quoted us $250/month for storage. After they had our possessions they changed the price to $434/month without permission. They almost doubled the price. Attached you can see the original quote along with our final bill. Additionally they doubled the moving quote cost once they had our possessions in their truck. When I complained the owner threatened to sue me. It's my opinion in my dealings with this company they engaged in dishonest price switching.

Robin St.Martin is misrepresenting the facts and his complaints are unfounded.

Our estimate was based on an inventory list provided by the customer that was grossly inaccurate. We pointed this out before starting the move and informed Robin’s wife (he was not present) that the cost would increase significantly as a result. She apologized and indicated her acceptance of the increase in cost. Robin also acknowledged this in writing, saying that he was "very aware there was an increase in service" and that our "rates were increased accordingly" and “I fully understand we will be paying an increased amount for storage and an increased amount for the move into our new home. That’s fine”. He also acknowledged that he chose us because of our “stellar reputation”, that our employees were "polite and courteous", and that he "tipped them at each move due to their excellent customer service skills". In the end, Robin received excellent service from start to finish from the moving crews and paid appropriately for the service provided.

Any mention of possible legal action against Robin is in direct relation to his attempts to slander our company by circulating false information. I will not dignify Robin’s malicious attempts to defame my personal character with a response. The stellar reputation of our company speaks for itself. With over 11,000 happy customers served, we are very proud of our company and the level of service we provide. We try very hard to please every customer, but occasionally we encounter individuals who are never happy, regardless of the exemplary service they have received.

Jeanie V in Ottawa
Jeanie V in Ottawa
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Very successful move

The team of Wes, Matt, Zach, Aaron & Adam moved us from Dunrobin to Kanata - not a long move but a very easy one with their help. They were prompt, friendly & efficient. Every piece of furniture was wrapped or padded as necessary & nothing was scratched or broken in the move. At the new house, pieces were placed as planned & moved around as requested. The move was done faster than expected and therefore cost less than anticipated. I would not hesitate to use this company again.

Thanks for the great review Jeanie

Heather Kelly from Nepean
Heather Kelly from Nepean
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Moving

Finally getting around to giving credit where it's due. My aunt moved her (mostly antique) belongings into her apartment last November. First Rate Mover's service was outstanding. ALL items were blanket wrapped. They were extremely careful with her belongings. They were also on time, very quick, clean, polite and affordable. I was SO impressed! I would recommend them to anyone!

Thanks for the great review Heather

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

2 days of moving

We hired First Rate based on client testimonials. As it turns out, you’re all right about how good First Rate is! This was not a small move with more than 300 boxes, and they got the work done in 2 days (one regular day, the second day they worked longer), without damaging anything. We had scheduled 3 days so we were really pleased to see the work done in 2 days. Saved us money. We definitely recommend First Rate to anyone who’s looking for a smooth move!

Gary In Kanata

Thanks for the great review Gary

Katherine in Toronto
Katherine in Toronto
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Best Moving Company I have ever had

We moved from Toronto to Ottawa in 2013 and then Ottawa to Hamilton in 2015 and used First Rate both times. I have hired at least 5 other moving companies in my life and these guys were by far the best movers. Communication was great, price was fair and well-explained, and the quality of the movers was exactly as it should be. They worked hard and quick and took great care of our items. I wish we still lived in Ottawa so I could have hired them again for another move, but instead we were charged almost the same for an in-city move by another company with not nearly the same amount of professionalism, pride in their work. I really could not recommend these guys enough. I assume it is still Matt who works there and runs things (I even remember his name). Seriously, I hope they stay just as good as we would like to move back there some day and they will be the first people I call. I should note that the first move, we were flexible with dates and they were able to find another move to share with so the cost was much less than the one from Ottawa to Hamilton in the dead of winter which was a dedicated move as no one seemed to want to move from GTA to Ottawa that same week. It was worth the cost knowing that our items were in good hands and that we could trust these guys.

Thanks for the great review Katherine

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Local move by First Rate Movers, Ottawa

Thanks to two very strong workers for a cracking good job! They arrived on time, worked quickly, and carried everything up the stairs to the third floor at an amazing speed. The move went extremely smoothly. I am very happy to recommend First Rate Movers in Ottawa.

Thanks for the great review

Margaret in Kanata
Margaret in Kanata
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Short move within city

My sister-in-law and I hired First Rate Movers to relocate her father with only three days notice at the end of the month when a long term bed suddenly became available for him. They moved all of his belongings from his retirement home to the long term care facility at the far end of the city quickly and efficiently. They were kind, quiet, and respectful in all aspects of the rather stressful situation. The service was top notch in every respect. Thank you very much.
Margaret

Thanks for the great review Margaret

More about First Rate Movers Inc.

Ottawa movers moving Ottawa since 2003. We are respected as one of the best moving companies in Ottawa due to our professionalism, attention to detail, concern for customers’ belongings and property, and ability to do the job right. Uniformed First Rate Movers arrive on time, alert, properly equipped and ready ...
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Ottawa?