Walcher Brothers Landscaping

Landscape Contractors & Designers
Edmonton AB T6C 3E8
HomeStars  >  Landscape Contractors & Designers in Edmonton  >  Walcher Brothers Landscaping

Reviews for Walcher Brothers Landscaping

Kyle Rossiter in Edmonton
Kyle Rossiter in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Welcher Brothers would be a more appropriate name

Susanna was very hard to reach as she does not give out her cell phone number. Once we paid for the work we discovered that we did not pass our landscaping inspection, as they did not fully read the requirements for the area, or perhaps didn't read them at all. We also had a dying tree. We were told that the repairs/replacement weren't in the original "scope of work". After two weeks of semi regular emails they started ignoring me completely and after three weeks of unanswered emails and voicemails I received a call from a "friend" trying to mediate. I explained my simple request, we had spent $36,000 after all and expected to pass our neighbourhood's requirements, sadly, after 4 days, nothing has even been proposed by them. Always more excuses with them and I am now forced to repair it myself, at my expense, if I wish to get my landscaping deposit back in 2018. They also damaged my neighbour's fence while accessing my yard. It required a single board to be replaced, they would not respond to his emails and when he spoke with Susanna, she said "no we won't be fixing it". Avoid them at all costs. Terrible customer service and average workmanship by their employees (our turf is very lumpy with many visible seams) at best.

Eric W. from Edmonton
Eric W. from Edmonton
4 reviews Edmonton, AB

Disappearing act!

I scheduled an initial consultation with Suzanna and we met at our rental property and I described what I wanted done and the problems we have with grading issues and how our garage flooded sometimes when it rains. She gave me some good suggestions and an idea of what they might do. She asked me to email her the RPR and she would get back within two weeks with a quote and some ideas and options to consider. After more than two weeks, I emailed Suzanna and left voice mail messages and nobody got back to me. Nearly two months later still nothing. They simply disappeared! I'm not going to spend another minute chasing after a company for my business. Thanks for wasting my time.

Hello Eric,

Thanks for giving us this important criticism, we always value this and we are able to learn from it. We did not do a good job in following up with you, I am sorry. We had two major changes this year, first we moved offices, and we also had a transition in staff, and during that time we lost track of you, our customer. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will make sure this doesnt happen again. Thank you.

Susanna

Louise from Edmonton
Louise from Edmonton
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Small city backyard landscaping and hardscaping project

Walcher Brothers Landscaping
780-993-3757
Edmonton
AB
T6C 3E8

Last fall I met with Susanna at my home to discuss my desire to do something with our small city backyard. I instantly liked Susanna and felt comfortable hiring Walcher Brothers to design and create my backyard. She came up with a design that was even better than what I was thinking about. Through no fault of theirs, I had to cancel the project. There were no problems with cancelling the project and receiving my deposit back. Once I'm prepared to go ahead with the plans, I will not hesitate contacting Walcher Brothers again.

Thank you Louise! Im excited for when you get your new house! Looking forward to working with you then :)

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Quality work

Working with Susanna and Walcher brothers has been a real pleasure. Their work has been professional and artistic, very high quality work. The transformation was beautiful.
Looking forward to working with them again in the future.

Thank you!

Gray's in Edmonton
Gray's in Edmonton

Landscaping

We met/heard about Walcher Brothers through the Edmonton Home Renovation Show. We signed up for our free consultation and had our initial meeting within a week.

Susanna was very informative… she listened to what we were looking for but also gave some excellent suggestions! She came back with a drawing and quote very quickly. The drawing/design was a “base plan” so we were able to make modifications and additions throughout the entire project!

Alex takes great pride in his work, and it shows! He was always willing to make any slight changes we asked and was very helpful answering any questions we had during the project.

The only negative, would be a few communication issues we had. In fairness, this was mainly due to them being short staffed due to illness/injury.

In the end, we are so pleased with the finished product! We can’t wait until next summer when we can enjoy/celebrate with our friends and family in our backyard Oasis.

I would recommend this company to anyone looking to complete any type of landscaping project.

Thank you again Susanna and Alex!

Thank you for taking the time to write this! We really appreciate all feedback. I really enjoyed working with you this year! Looking forward to seeing you guys in the spring :)

Tessa from Edmonton
Tessa from Edmonton
5 reviews Edmonton, AB

Frustrating

I did my homework, got 2 quotes and used Homestars to help choose this company. I got a beautiful plan for our yard re-do and was impressed with what I saw. I know that the weather last summer was bad, but our estimated start date was pushed over 5 weeks back and the work stretched out from August until October, due to snow, and was finally finished in May this year. When work was underway, there was VERY poor communication between the guys who were working on the site and whoever was running the show. I don't believe the work crew had the plans as I had to draw out the retaining wall shapes and twice requested the shape of the large bed be fixed. My hubby and I changed it after the crew left. It seemed they were short staffed and using people who had little experience. The retaining wall was built right over a very visible irrigation sprinkler, the sod was poorly laid and uneven, our weeping tile was partially pulled out and we ended up trenching and replacing it ourselves (was told we didn't need it but our lower yard started draining onto our pathway right away) Had to show one guy that the sod roller needed to be filled with water in order to properly fix the sod down - our irrigation systems were damaged. HOWEVER Alec did fix it for no extra costs and put in a good drip system. We only had to dig out 3 sprinkler heads that had been covered over with sod by his crew- ha. The crew rarely ever cleaned up after themselves and one afternoon we spent at least one hour shovelling off and spraying the sidewalk behind our home as it was covered in a lot of sod and dirt and VERY MESSY - neighbours walking by were complaining. Visited 2 times by by-law officers due to complaints.
I know Susanna and Alex were apologetic and when Alex was there things went MUCH smoother. However, I can not recommend this company because most times Alex wasn't supervising and it was really frustrating to go through the whole process. We called it quits with our plan before it was complete. They charged us about $6800 instead of the $10 grand of our original plan. My spouse and I completed the garden beds ourselves.

Hi Tessa, Thank you for letting us know. We appreciate this kind of feed-back. We struggled with labour shortages and weather last year, and try as we may we couldnt make that up to you. I am sorry that we let you down. Please know that this year, we dont leave people on site by themselves. So Jobs like yours help us make improvements. Thank you for letting us repair the irrigation, and I do hope that by reducing the bill we were able to make a bit of difference. Have a great summer!

Cindy W from Edmonton
Cindy W from Edmonton
8 reviews Edmonton, AB

Complete back yard restoration/replacement

FABULOUS work. My back yard was devastated last year after a sewer line collapse that resulted in my patio having to be dug out. Susanna helped me design a completely new space, provided her expertise and advice, installed gorgeous paving stones, modified my fencing, regraded and replaced the soil/sod for the entire space - it's really beautiful, and with the cedar mulch she recommended, it smells terrific too. We had some scheduling issues last summer (if you recall, the rains were torrential and constant), but they were always in touch and watching the weather for a window to be able to work in. We now have an outdoor space that is comfortable, shady in some places and sunny in others, peaceful and pretty - I can't wait to actually enjoy it this year!

Thanks Cindy! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.. New trees incoming!

A in Edmonton
A in Edmonton
1 review Fort Saskatchewan, AB

Spring cleanup front yard

They came in to clean up my front yard for me. Great quick work. While there they dug out a section of my front lawn to create a garden. Said garden is now filled with wonderful flowers and I love it.

Thank you! The flowers look amazing :)

JaymeA in Edmonton
JaymeA in Edmonton

Back yard Landscaping

We met with this company at the home renovation show. We had been looking to complete our backyard for a number of years, but we couldn't find a landscaper that we felt comfortable with, was a reasonable price, or would stay in contact with us.

Susanna and Alex were always quick to respond with our questions, and walked us through the process.

We had a basic idea for our backyard, and Susanna was able to provide different suggestions to make it just that much better. Once work started, they were quick, professional, and didn't compromise quality.

I would recommend this company to anyone

Thanks for the great review! We enjoyed working with you and Terrance! Enjoy your new backyard :)

George in Edmonton
George in Edmonton

Steps and patio

We needed new front steps and wanted to have a sitting area in the front of the house; way too much work for me. We met Susanna and Alex at the home show. They came over the next week and gave us an estimate and idea for what they could build for us. We signed and a few weeks later they showed up. Alex and Susanna put up with our change requests and nitpicking and in one week we ended up with a beautiful front steps and patio.
Now I need to do some work to the front of the house.

lol thanks!! I dont remember any nit picking :)
We enjoy the custom jobs. Thank you for letting us do that for you!