The Shutterworks

Shutters & Blinds
255225 Woodland Road Calgary AB T3R 1G5

Reviews for The Shutterworks

Highly recommend Tom & The Shutterworks: honest company and great value

I have worked with Tom on two separate occasions. He was able to make a shutter for a window that was a challenge because of the height, width and shape of the window (that was divided into 3 separate lanes.). It was such a great experience I worked with Tom a second time to add shutters to the walkout level of our home. We have a third project coming up and Tom is my first choice/contact to see about adding more shutters to our home.

The Best of the Best! in Calgary
The Best of the Best! in Calgary

The Best of the Best!

Tom is one of the most passionate people I know. The quality of his work and his attention to detail is exemplary. He is conscientious, honest and reliable. His customer service is unparalleled. Tom is happy and easy to work. He went above and beyond and repaired some of my furniture while he was on the job without any charge. Tom you are the best of the best!

I sure appreciate this positive feedback.
I really do love shutters and the way they make a home feel so welcoming.
It is always nice to see such a positive response when I complete a project.
Thank you very much.

Lee in Calgary
Lee in Calgary

Had our shutters done by Tom 25 years ago and still beautiful

Tom measured, made and installed custom bass wood shutters thru our entire home. Never happier with product service and how they added that touch of Hawaii to a home we've been in 45 years. You can trust Tom.

Thanks Lee for the positive remarks.
I too love that tropical feel shutters add to our homes.
Looking through shutters, makes all weather conditions look great!

Lois in Calgary
Lois in Calgary

Small Kitchen Window

I've spent over two years looking for someone to build shutters for my small kitchen window. In that time I've had no show appointments and people who didn't even return my phone calls or emails. I contacted The Shutter Works after reading the reviews on the internet. Tom contacted me immediately, and set up a consultation. I am amazed by his professionalism and intricate work. Everything is finished to my custom design and to perfection! There were no delays or readjustments required! They fit like a charm and function exactly as we had discussed. The quoted price is exactly what I paid! Tom, I can't say enough about your company and can't thank you enough for the beautiful shutters that I have wanted for so long! So, if you are in the market for shutters, I highly recommend you contact Tom at The Shutter Works here in Calgary!

Thank you so very much Lois. I really appreciate your glowing review. It was a pleasure taking on this little project. I am glad you are enjoying your new shutters.

Charlie25! in Calgary
Charlie25! in Calgary

Shutters

I can't say enough about Tom and his company. He was prompt, professional and honest. His work is absolutely outstanding. He even fixed some existing shutters we had done a few years earlier. I would highly recommend!

Deb in Calgary
Deb in Calgary

Excellent service

We built a new home and had Tom install shutters in 4 rooms. He was very knowledgable, gave great guidance on style and delivered an excellent product. We have had shutters in previous homes and these are superior. Highly recommended.

Wow thanks so much Deb. I really appreciate the positive feedback. It does mean a lot to me. You and your husband were wonderful to work with.
I always give my best effort. It is very satisfying when it is appreciated.
I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new residence. It is so tastefully decorated.
Tom

Janine in Calgary
Janine in Calgary

Shutter works

It was a pleasure having Tom in my home to install shutters in several of the windows. His professional, friendly manner made the five hours go quickly. The shutters look amazing and have refreshed and renewed my 30 year old house. The quality and workmanship are outstanding. Tom's meticulous attention to detail is evident in every shutter. I am so pleased with the final result. I am happy to see that there are still honest, qualified individuals with integrity who choose to work with quality products and real wood to ensure the best outcome for their clients and the environment. I look forward to having Tom replace the remaining windows soon.

Wow.... Thanks Janine for the wonderful review. It was such a pleasure working with you. I look forward to your next project whenever you are ready. If there's ever any problems with your shutters, please let me know and I will deal with it promptly.
Tom Thomson
The Shutter Works

G. Budd in Calgary
G. Budd in Calgary

Interior Shutters

We wanted shutters on our Master Bedroom and living room windows and were so fortunate to have discovered Tom at Shutter Works. He was professional from start to finish and gave great ideas. The shutters were ready for installation exactly when he said they would be. The cost of custom made wood shutters as far as we are concerned was no more expensive than having blinds etc. installed.
They have given our home a new and updated look inside and also great curb appeal on the outside. We would not hesitate to recommend Tom.

Thank you so much for the glowing review. If there is ever a problem with your shutters, please call and it will be dealt with immediately.
It was a pleasure working with you.
Tom Thomson

Maureeen in Calgary
Maureeen in Calgary

Shutter installation

Thank you once again for FIVE STAR SERVICE!!!
Tom initially installed our shutters for windows on the south side of our home in 1996! Recently ordered shutters for the north side, the product is exactly the same - perfection!! Thank you Tom for installing earlier than I expected & continued excellent product/service. You are a Master of your craft.

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. If there is ever any problem with any of your shutters, including the 20 year old shutters, just give me a call and it will be dealt with quickly.
It was a pleasure working with you again.
Thank you. Tom Thomson

Price and Advice

Calgary

I have worked with Tom on two separate projects in my house. He has a great eye for detail/design and he took into consideration aspects of the existing windows that would not have occured to me. The finished shutters have enhanced the appearance of my both my living room and family room. Tom is honest and the job was completed earlier than expected (which was awesome). I look forward to working with him in the future.

More about The Shutterworks

Tom Thomson is the owner/ operator of The Shutter Works with over twenty four years experience constructing and installing finely crafted plantation style shutters. With customer service and satisfaction being his top priority, he has been personally involved in each project from start to finish, measuring and installing each shutter ...
Looking for Shutters & Blinds pros in Calgary?