Abbey Cedar Products Ltd.

Fences & Gates
Abbotsford BC V2T 6J6
Fences & Gates
Abbey Cedar Products Ltd.

Reviews for Abbey Cedar Products Ltd.

Private User reviews Abbotsford, BC

Fencing

Ordered 23 5x8 and 6x8 solid fence panels was told before we ordered that both sides of the boards would be smooth on both sides, when we received them not only were they not smooth on both sides, but they were mixed smooth and rough on the same side.also the staples holding down the nailing strips were sticking out everywhere over all just poor workmanship they obviously dont take pride in their products. I would definitely not recommend this company for your project unless you dont care about quality

wdemoskoff in Langley
wdemoskoff in Langley
2 reviews Abbotsford, BC

Terrible product, terrible service

I would strongly encourage you to buy your next fence anywhere but here. Abbey Cedar took my deposit but never showed on the scheduled delivery day. They showed up late on the rescheduled date and without part of my order. Customer service was always weak from the start.

I’ve attached pictures to show how the wood warped and split as it dried out (yes, dried out - as in they delivered a fence with green lumber). Over the course of a few months, every panel had multiple cracked or warped boards. Every single panel. This is allegedly a #1 grade fence.

After a lot of back and forth over the phone, they finally sent two guys two repair the fence. They no-showed the first time and were late on the rescheduled time, which is par for the course with Abbey Cedar.

I checked the material they brought and it was 1/2” thick despite my fence being 3/4” thick. They stated they couldn’t source 3/4” boards so this was my only option. I sent them away until they could source the proper material.

I sourced my own 3/4” kiln dried boards from Kermode Forest Products (great company to work with) and completed the repair myself. This meant taking each panel apart, removing all the boards to get rid of the damaged ones and rebuilding it again.

I’ve passed along the cost of material to Abbey Cedar, but they refuse to respond. No surprise there.

I truly regret doing business with this company:

They will unapologetically no-show or be late with their scheduled appointments.
They are beyond cheap (quality, not cost) in their product - there’s no way half of this wood would have made it to a final product if it were processed properly.
They are a nightmare to deal with from a customer service standpoint.

Sandy
Sandy
0 reviews Anmore, BC

Large fence project

We were exceptionally pleased with the work done by Abby Cedar Products on our fence project. Our fence provided many challenges but the work crew brought experience to each unique issue. Due to being set on a hilly slope they used a combo of pre-made panels and custom made sections. Issues like a tree which was grown into fence line, a steep driveway (the crew carried all the panels up the driveway by hand!) all contributed to the challenges on this job. Our needs were heard, and Abby Cedar Products ensured I was happy with the result. We now have a solid, beautiful fence!! Cost was reasonable and wait time minimal!

Private User reviews Burnaby, BC

Low cost

Good customer service, installers showed up on scheduled date.
There were some damaged pieces installed which were replaced on asking. Did work in my budget and schedule with quality product & service

Review has 1 previous version
dav in Toronto
dav in Toronto
1 review Abbotsford, BC

fence installed

Just had my new fence and gates installed by Abby Fence Contracting. If you are looking for a quality product, wonderful customer service, and just an overall great experience, Abby Fence Contracting is your "go to" company.

What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
sam walji in Coquitlam
sam walji in Coquitlam
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Poor Quality Cedar Fence Panels!

Abbey Cedar is in the business of purely selling to its customers and not in the business of delivering quality products to its customers nor resolving issues in a timely, courteous and amicable manner. Don't be fooled by the false statements and promises that they make and the sales copy on their website. They don't live up to those promises and despite a product guarantee as noted on their website and products, that guarantee does not exist in principle. You will not get exactly what you ordered. They will do what is commonly known in business as "Bait and Switch". They will "misrepresent" to you in every which way they can with respect to their products when you place an order with them. They claim to compete on price but in fact compete on quality because they will sacrifice quality for price, and send you the wrong product. When you complain about the product delivered, they will brush you off by suggesting that they will offer a settlement. You will get absolutely frustrated in trying to seek out a fair resolve and settlement. That is their intended objective, to tire you out in chasing them for a resolve, in the hopes that you will walk away and leave matters alone. Ethical business is not done that way. The company representatives don't know what it is to have integrity and be honourable. I have had to know take action through my credit card company for a chargeback and will also pursue small claims court and alert online consumer reporting agencies and provide my feedback so other consumers are forewarned of their business practices. Very bad experience, and they are extremely unprofessional.

Private User reviews Abbotsford, BC

fence installation

they did a great job replacing my fence at a reasonable price. Sukh also provided some advice on how to save on costs before doing the job. i highly recommend this company to my friends.

Private User reviews Mission, BC

Cedar Fence

Gave me a free quote. They showed up on time and did an amazing job. They kept their word on the quote and didn't try to charge me any extra. Was very impressed how quick they were while doing a highly quality job. Would highly recommend this company.
Thank you!

thomas lam from Coquitlam
thomas lam from Coquitlam
1 review Coquitlam, BC

cedar fence

Sulk is the new owner of this company since Dec. 2014.

His work is excellent with good products, not to mention that his price is fair.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Christy  from Vancouver
Christy from Vancouver
7 reviews Surrey, BC

Cedar Fence

Abby cedar had great prices so we asked them to come and do our fence. Unfortunately though they did not call 1-800 dig or whatever the number is, and hit a water line costing them/us about 3200.00. They were very understanding and deducted the amount of the damage off our bill. I would use them again if we were to build another fence.

Looking for Fences & Gates pros in Abbotsford?