Heat Works Plumbing & Gas

Reviews for Heat Works Plumbing & Gas

Gabriella in Toronto
Gabriella in Toronto
1 review Vancouver, BC

Heatworks and Tyler turned into a nightmare situation

I hired Heatworks over a year ago to replace my thermostat and we discussed replacing the furnace at a future date. He called me in August 2018 to say that he removed a furnace that would be a good replacement for my old furnace. I agreed and he came out and replaced the old faithful furnace saying that it would be more efficient and quieter. He said there was a ONE YEAR WARRANTY.
Well, the problems began immediately when the noise from the 'new' furnace was much louder than the old one and there was a constant fluctuation.
When my tenants complained that they were cold I called Tyler and asked him to take a look. He hung up on me.
I tried again and again and he became belligerent and said I was not working the thermostat correctly. I called Honeywell, the thermostat company and went through the procedure I was using to set the heat. The person from Honeywell has written me an email stating that I was doing everything correctly.
I have continued to have problems and he has refused to honour his contract.
Not only that but he was calling me names and saying very derogatory things about me personally. It became very strange and actually somewhat frightening.
I am currently without heat since last night and will have to go to another provider to repair the problem.
Then I must go to small claims court.
An absolute nightmare.

Ryan
Ryan
2 reviews Surrey, BC

Hot water tank replacement, garborator, range hood install, bathroom fan replace

High quality work. Tyler was good at explaining the details of the work that had to be done. I was charged a fair price. I felt he was committed to not leaving until we were fully satisfied with the job, which we were. I would recommend Tyler and plan to use him again for future projects.

Thank you kindly for your business and support towards HeatWorks! I'm grateful for the review!

Marvin R.
Marvin R.
1 review Langley, BC

Hot Water Tank Replacement

I purchased a townhouse built in 2005 about 18 months ago. It still had the original hot water tank. That made it at least 12 years old. After some research, I had learned that the expected lifespan of a hot water tank is roughly 10 years and sometimes even less.

My water heater was living on borrowed time. I did not want to roll the dice with an employee from a big plumbing firm. Sometimes you get a good time. Other times you don't. Neither did I want to deal with the inconvenience of a potential emergency call out and a possible insurance claim.

So I checked the HomeStar reviews for an independent experienced professional. Tyler had excellent reviews. He lived up to his billing. Tyler was prompt and professional. In fact, he arrived a few minutes early.

We arranged for an appointment after work and the work was completed in a couple of hours. When the original tank was emptied, there was clear signs of corrosion and rust. Tyler took care of the old tank and the packaging for the new one. No mess to clean up.

In addition, to the hot water tank, I was having some water pressure issues and was worried about the rubber hoses hooked up to the washer on the upper floor. I had heard too many stories from friends and family about dealing with burst water hoses and the aftermath of expensive repairs and insurance companies. Tyler adjusted the water pressure. He man handled the stacked washer and dryer pretty much by himself to replace the rubber hoses with braided hoses.

The new tank is at the top. The black connections shown in the picture of the new tank is the added insulation Tyler added to the connections. The old one is at the bottom.

Tyler explained everything that was involved with the job and answered any questions that I had. It is clear that doing top notch work and having a good reputation with his customers is important to him. It shows in his work.

I'm truly grateful for the great review, the effort, thought and it's detail! Thank you kindly for your business!

Philip
Philip
1 review Vancouver, BC

Hot water tank replacement

Tyler put in a new water tank for me as quoted. He rectified a problem made by the previous installer. He tested for leaks and carbon monoxide with me when I requested. Nice guy and professional. I will call him for all my future plumbing and heating needs.

Thank you for your kind words and choosing HeatWorks! I'm grateful.

Brian in Toronto
Brian in Toronto
1 review Port Coquitlam, BC

Top Notch Service

Tyler has been doing jobs for Orrange Kitchen + Bar for over 4 years.
He is always the utmost professional and his work is second to none!
If you have a job to get done - HeatWorks Plumbing & Gas is the place to call!!

Thank you kindly for choosing HeatWorks, always a pleasure. I'm grateful for the kind words.

harry in Surrey
harry in Surrey
1 review Delta, BC

no hot water

I got home from work around 9:30pm, to discover I had no hot water. I called heatworks, who installed my hot water tank 3 years ago, and to my surprise, Tyler answered. He told me what the problem was, and then coached me through fixing it. I not only was able to have hot shower that night, I also saved myself at least a $100 call out fee - exceptional customer service! I will definitely be calling Heatworks again, for any Plumbing needs.

Thank you kindly for choosing HeatWorks! I'm truly grateful for your kind supportive words.

Private User reviews Langley, BC

Refused to guarantee his work

Tyler appears professional and maintains a clean work area, but when I was charged an emergency call rate in error when I had a prebooked appointment, his response was, he would no longer guarantee his work and do not contact him again, it was very strange and very unprofessional. We did have a leak from his work only 3 weeks later and called another plumber.

This makes no sense to me as I handle all calls and appointments and would never handle the situation the way you describe nor was any of your concerns brought to my attention. It comes as a shock and I'd be more than happy to help out. We give a standard one year labour warranty. All clients are charged a call out fee which is standard in the Industry, "That's how we offset the costs of operating a business." When a part has a limited warranty or no warranty coverage from the manufacturer or fails do to homeowner negligence or tampering, it is "NOT" the responsibility of HeatWorks Plumbing & Gas HVAC to cover it out of pocket. We also hold right to refuse business from dishonest clientele that use elevated offensive fowl language to communicate. We simply will not stand for any abuse towards HeatWorks staff do to entitled beliefs.

joeabenante
joeabenante
1 review Port Coquitlam, BC

Hot Water System

We have used Tyler many times in our Family including my Daughter getting work also done. Tyler is a professional Tradesman and very personable. Always leaves the place clean and also follows up to make sure we are satisfied with the his work. I have recommended Tyler to others and will continue to use him in the future.

DCheung
DCheung
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Furnace replacement

I would highly recommend Tyler for your heat and plumbing needs. He replaced a dying furnace that was only 5 years old and had been shoddily patched by the original contractors who built our house. I have to say it took a bit of time to get used to a 2-stage furnace over a conventional one, but we are very happy that the new furnace heats our place better, especially with the snowy winter we just experienced!

siavash
siavash
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Household Plumbing: faucet, toilet, and replacing old valves

Tyler was quick, thorough and detailed. He is an honest and good-natured person and was a pleasure to have him work at both my Mom's and my sister's. I highly recommend him.

More about Heat Works Plumbing & Gas

Heatworks Plumbing & Gas specializes in Tankless on Demand, high efficient furnaces, boilers, hot water tanks, plumbing and gas repairs and FortisBC Energy Star rebates. High Quality Service is Heatworks Plumbing & Gas' focus. Heatworks Plumbing & Gas takes extra effort to ensure all their clients are satisfied and content ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Surrey?