Carpenters

Reviews for Sustain Fence And Decks

clark
clark

Deck

The guys did a wonderful job and the team took care of all required needs including obtaining the permit.

Thanks for the opportunity to work together, the new deck turned out great!

Tyler Norsworthy from St. Albert
Tyler Norsworthy from St. Albert
4 reviews Saint Albert, AB

Composite Deck Project

To begin the process John was great. He came out, gave a detailed quote, and was not the cheapest but was not the most expensive. He answered my questions within a business day or two. I contacted the company in the winter to be able to be set up for spring. Once everything was agreed and deposit paid, the guys started early. We were happy with that. The work dragged a little but there was weather and other issues. Once the deck was done we had a look around and seemed like everything was ok. About a week later a white film like substance had showed up on the deck boards in numerous areas but mostly near the house. This is where the guys needed to use adhesive to complete the small boards closest to the home. We contact John to come and look and they figured it was clean off. After trying all cleaning methods it was not coming off and it was obviously adhesive from the install. John refused to acknowledge that the guys might have done this and refused to do anything to fix the situation, unless I paid for all new material and he would install free of charge. This was less than 2 weeks later on a $19,000 deck. I found 2 other areas of install issues that I brought forward and nothing was done about them either. I work in trades as well and if we ever did this to a client we would be out of business fast. This is a perfect example of take the money and run. I would never recommend these guys to work as they walked with my $19,000 and left me very unhappy and with a product i feel like i got screwed on.

Thanks for reaching out Tyler, we greatly value all feedback from clients both positive and negative. It's in these situations we're able to grow as a company and become better.

After your signed off on the completed project we thought you'd be busy enjoying your beautiful deck all summer. When you reached out about the discolouration I was greatly concerned and brought out both the retailer and product warranty rep to your house so they could advise on what went wrong. It was determined by the warranty rep that both our installation and their product weren't the cause of the damage but that it occurred after we completed the job as you mentioned.

I wasn't satisfied with this result and offered free labor to remove and replace all the effected areas to ensure your deck was 110% to your liking. I haven't heard from you since but our offer still stands until the end of September 2017.

hthill
hthill
1 review Edmonton, AB

Brown pressure treated wood deck.

The crew was very dedicated to long hours, precise and perfectionate detail. Customer service was phenomenal. Very respectable and approachable. After final review they noticed some of the boards needed to be replaced and returned promptly to fix them. Highly recommend Sustain Developments!

Thank you Heather, the guys raved about working on your project and had a blast helping transform your backyard.

tbachand
tbachand
1 review Edmonton, AB

replacement of old wood deck and cement blocks with composite

Working with Sustain was a pleasure from start to finish. Jon helped us design the deck making great suggestions based on his experience. Chris did an excellent job building the deck with great attention to detail. The other contractors (piles and railing) where on time and delivered as expected. We are very pleased with the end result and working with Sustain means the job is not done until the customer says it is done.

Thanks for the kind words Thomas, it was a pleasure working with you and Nancy and I greatly appreciate how easy going you guys were. Enjoy your beautiful deck!

Blake Murdoch from Edmonton
Blake Murdoch from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Renovation

From the very beginning, the service from Sustain was excellent. Jon was out at my house to do the quote very quickly, and his crew were there the next business day. Everything was clearly communicated, the work was fantastic and the crew even made several improvements to my existing structure without being asked to. I wouldn't consider another fence and decking company. Sustain truly cares about its customers.

Thanks Blake, we truly appreciate your review and repeat business. We look forward to any other future projects you may have.

Jocelyn a.
Jocelyn a.

Deck extenstion

Working with Join and his team was a great experience. They didn't cut corners, and always kept us updated in the progress, timberline and costs. Jon was really easy to talk to about any changes, and always reassured us that our satisfaction was very important. We would absolutely recommend him!

Jocelyn and Liam

Thank you Jocelyn, it was our pleasure working with you guys. The complexity of the build and height of the deck was a fantastic challenge and we appreciated all the communication from you during the process.

Tara from Edmonton
Tara from Edmonton
11 reviews Edmonton, AB

Love Our Deck...Can't Wait for Summer!

We had a landscape designer put together a "new" backyard for our 15 year-old house, which included plans for a new deck. Jon reviewed their high level plans (basically the footprint), and designed a really awesome deck for us that met our budget - two tiered, lights, glass railings, privacy fence, PVC construction, engineered screw piles, etc. etc. His recommendations were amazing and the attention to the details was great. We can't wait for some warmer weather to get out on our new deck!

Thank you for the invaluable feedback and review Tara. You guys were fantastic to work with and we're grateful we were able to help create your outdoor oasis. I hope you enjoy your deck as much as we enjoyed building it!

ryanmbastian in Edmonton
ryanmbastian in Edmonton

New deck

Jon (owner) and Jake did great work on my new deck. My wife and I couldn't be happier with the finished product. We completed a different kind of modern railing and the guys listened carefully to what we wanted and were attentive to completing the look that we wanted. Overall the experience was very easy and professional and I would recommend anytime.

And as a side note, the site cleanup upon completion, was immaculate.

Thank you for the kind words Ryan, we appreciate your business.

Joy C from Edmonton
Joy C from Edmonton

new deck

I love my new deck. It is solid, well constructed and aesthetically pleasing. The Sustain crew were courteous, prompt, diligent and knowledgeable. Overall, this deck is reasonably priced and the company/crew were great to deal with.

I'm glad you enjoy using your new deck as much as we enjoyed building it Joy! Have a great rest of your summer.

More about Sustain Fence And Decks

Sustain creates beautiful decks and outdoor spaces that transcend our client's expectations. Quality craftsmanship, transparent communication and fair pricing are the ethos that govern each of our unique projects.

We look forward to earning your business but more importantly your trust.