Climate Change Heating & Cooling

Calgary AB T2Z3B4
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Calgary  >  Climate Change Heating & Cooling

Reviews for Climate Change Heating & Cooling

Nicole in Calgary

I hired Dean from Climate Change Heating and Cooling in Calgary, Alberta to install a replacement air conditioner in August 2014. The new air conditioner was installed August 12, 2014. Dean was at my home for approximately 6-8 hrs to install the new unit. While installing my air conditioner my carbon monoxide detector's were triggered. Dean wasn't concerned as he told me "he couldn't smell any gas". This is impossible because Carbon Monoxide gas is odourless! As he continued the installation I disconnected my CO detectors. Once the installation was complete at 9:30PM Dean left and I reinstalled my CO detectors. Later that evening (11PM) my carbon monoxide detectors went off in the house. At this point I had to evacuate my children from the home and call the fire department. When the fire department arrived they took readings in my basement and discovered high CO amounts. They determined the carbon monoxide was there as a result of the air conditioner replacement. Eventually, the problem was resolved by running the blower in the furnace to move the CO gas out of the house. During this event I phoned Dean and explained the problem. He did not come back to the house and did not offer any compensation for the inconvenience. At that point I hoped that was my last dealing with this company. However, it was not. Over the next three years my air conditioner still freezes up to the point that it shuts off completely because it can no longer function. The unit has a 10 year manufacturers warranty on the condenser and a 3 year warranty on workmanship. As of today (May 26, 2017) my a/c unit and its workmanship are under his warranty.
I recently had a furnace and a/c tune up performed by another reputable company. When the tune up was being completed I asked the technician about the freezing up of the air conditioner. He looked into it and determined the air conditioner in too large for my furnace and in all reality, my home. The cause of the freeze up is because my furnace is only capable of blowing 3 ton's and the air conditioner is blowing 3.5 tons. This has caused our electricity bills to be huge because the air conditioner has to start and stop all the time (short cycle). I phoned Dean yesterday and he kept giving excuses about why that would be happening. I asked if I could make an appointment. At this point he told me he was driving and couldn't look at his schedule. I suggested he pull over so he could do so but he refused because there wasn't any place to pull over. At this point he asked me to call back of which I suggested I leave a voicemail with my name and number (so he could call me back to schedule and appointment). I left a voicemail message. He did not return my call. I phoned again the next morning, his phone went to voicemail but I couldn't leave a message because the mailbox was full. I called about an hour later and spoke with Dean again. This time I asked to book an appointment and he asked if he could call me back when he knew his schedule....fat chance... At this time I asked him why he couldn't just make an appointment with me right then (as he was in his office) he then proceeded to hang up on me. Needless to say, I am betting I won't ever get a phone call back or an appointment!
This is not a company that stands by their work and I caution anyone thinking about hiring them!

Matthew in Trail
1 review Trail, BC

Guys we're great! Professional, polite and really respoected my house. I would recommend them and will be using them in the future. They even swept my basement! Thanks fellas! Great work!

Karen Klee in Chestermere

My furnace broke down at 4 am in
morning.My daughter was renting the
house with her kids.My daughter called
the boys arrived first thing in the morning. They brought heaters to heat the house to keep it warm till they could
Install the new furnace.They were very
Kind and caring.Did a great job !!!'

So our furnace broke down so we looked online for a company . We decided to try this company for the hell of it.... HUGE MISTAKE

Dean came over and was in the furnace room for 10 mins then tells us we need to pay this huge bill or get a new one. He really pushed and harassed us to get a new system. We decided to pay the bill tho,

after i showed the bill to my brother in law and he told me i got ripped off. there is no way my furnace needed all the parts replaced!

AVOID CLIMATE CHANGE OR U WILL BE A VICTIM

sue w. in Calgary

Not impressed. After having the furnace repaired, the furnace serviced and cleaned and spending $1500, the furnace started having problems with 30 days. Then we were told that we needed a new furnace by this company. Not true. We had it reparied by a different company today with a $20 part. The furnace is only 10 years old.

Review has 1 previous version
Andy Peters from Calgary

Dean came over to fix the AC on time and with smile on his face. Not my first AC repair but most definitely the best service Ive seen so far. Still own him a beer.

Sandra Clark from Calgary

Climate change team came over almost immediately after my "emergency furnace isn't work" call. Super friendly and done in almost record time. Thanks for identifying the problem so quickly and with such skill.

Jose. S from Calgary

I called Climate Change Heating and Cooling because my tenants called me and let me know that there was no heat in the house..Its pretty much the worst call you can get as a Landlord.. The fear of having your tenants in discomfort stuck in a freezing cold home and with small children is not the best call to get. I was stressed out and worried about their safety as well as the potential damage that could be done to the home ( pipe, water, flood or what ever) Luckilly Dean came to the rescue. My tenants sent me a text 2hours later (1:30am) and thanked me and informed me that all is back to normal. I recommend you call Climate Change if you have any problems with your heating !

Martin LaBrie from Calgary

On a holiday when other "24 hour" furnace repair companies could not respond until the next day or didn't even return my call, Dean Fleming responded to my call courteously, arranged an arrival time and confirmed prior to arrival, came exactly on time, and quickly diagnosed the furnace problem. His explanations were clear and understandable, and presented a written quote on the spot. He had the required parts available and got the work done quickly. He was very carefuf about cleanliness and was happy to provide explanations and answer questions. Ths person clearly likes his work and is good at what he does. I will contract Climate Change again.