Gta Restoration

Reviews for Gta Restoration

Ann
Ann

Rip Off Company

When you are in desperate emergency mode, you sometimes bypass the research and review process. When I asked if there was a minimum charge for the job, I was told $180.00 plus HST. what was not explained to me that the actual quote for the job would be so high that the 7 minutes spent giving the jacked up price would cost me over $200.00. Tyler asked to use the washroom, and left. He said that since I didn’t want to spend 2K for removing 10 bags of damp insulation, and aiming a fan snd a dehumidifier at the ceiling, he would instead send a couple of boys from the office, and for $500, they would remove the damp insulation only, followed by a ‘spritz’ of natural anti microbial. Drying and dehumidifying NOT INCLUDED. I ended up finding someone who did the entire job for $500.00. He even offered to replace the damaged insulation at cost. I literally had tears of gratitude when he left. DO YOUR RESEARCH, and do not call GTA Restoration!!!

Poor service

The first time someone came to fix our sink that had fallen they did a poor job and it fell again a month and a half later. Water damage again..everywhere.

They came back to redo the job that was done and tried to charge us AGAIN. For a job they failed to do properly the first time!

And now will not return our calls.

Very disappointed!

Michelle in Thornhill
Michelle in Thornhill

Mould Removal

On October 30, 2020 I called this company to remove the mould in my home, My first initial call they told me it would be $240 plus tax for them to come in and remove the mould. I was charged for $2800 for things they never once mentioned before and things they honestly didn't even do.... For example, they never did the demolition as my brother did it prior to them coming. Also they never told me in the first conversation that there was a "late night fee." If i knew that i would have contacted another company or even waited until the morning.
They took advantage of me. After being charged from my credit card they sent a 17 page invoice. I called several times a day and asked to speak to Phillip, for 5 days straight. Every single time i was told that he was busy, or would call back. He never called back ever. Them avoiding my calls shows to me what kind of company they are. They do the exact same thing to other vulnerable people. I was fooled by the initial great google reviews.

What a joke.

Imad Awad in Toronto
Imad Awad in Toronto

BE AWARE

1. I was fooled by the Google reviews and called them for basement flooding. I was asked you to sign an authorization form without giving you a copy and explaining anything.
2. They claim they are 24h service, we discovered our basement flood at 1.30 AM and called the number on the website but no answer, we only got hold of them in the morning.
3. They started taking our furniture that has some water damage and ripped off the solid wood door frames and also the doors. When asked them and the owner, they always assure me that it is going for storage and once the basement is dry they will bring them back (WE DID NOT SEE THESE BELONGINGS AGAIN!).
4. For 3 days I call the office to come to the storage to review my belongings, they will come up with an excuse that they are not available.
5. When the insurance adjuster asked them for report of belonging and the sofas, they said they were damaged and they threw them away without our permission or any communication with us and no list.

We can't believe that such companies are allowed to practice with this kind of misleading of the public. THey created so much stress for us on top of the stress of dealing with the basement flooding and the headache associated with it.

BE AWARE AND STAY SAFE

Water damage

After providing emergency drying service for a toilet leak, the project manager assured me they would follow up promptly with the insurance company and begin repairing the basement and powder room. For three weeks I emailed and phoned but got no response, despite the fact we had no toilet in the powder room and the basement is unusable. I spoke to the insurance company who told me they hadn't been contacted, and there was no explanation provided for the repair schedule even when I finally got an email from the project manager who told me he had gone on vacation (no one else could take over the project?). Terrible service and won't use them again.

I would NEVER hire this company again.

Basement apt flooded and I unfortunately got involved with this company. Worst mistake of my life.

They drastically over charge (My insurance company couldn't believe what they were charging.) and (I feel) prey on people in an emergency situations.

Everything from saying the walls are 3 feet higher in their quote than the walls actually are (to pad the bill) to delaying sending the invoice for final payment and attempting to charge me LATE FEES FOR NOT PAYING!! I wrote them numerous times asking for the bill. That's just the tip of the iceberg in reasons I would never hire them again.

Worst customer service in my opinion. Worst company I've ever dealt with in my life.

STAY AWAY.

kevin in Toronto
kevin in Toronto

Roof leak repair with small drip in bathroom

24/7 service but they charge an after hours work surcharge? How does that work? Do not sign the release or work order. I think it gives them free reign to charge for everything possible. Such as a cleaning charge after they removed their on equipment. Techs will offer services but were unaware of the cost. I questioned some line items such as the after hours charge as was told if people don't want to pay we can put a lien on your house. All conversation recored as well,so its there. Use them if you have a big wallet.

BettyYlli in Mississauga
BettyYlli in Mississauga

Mold Removal in my Basement!

We hired GTA Restoration to inspect our basement as me and my hasband found some black spots on our back corner of our basement! When a technician from GTA Restoration came they used some special camera and detected a larger area than what we originally found. Within a week they schedualed us to do the remidiation part. We're so glad we hired GTA Restoration as they were professional to handle a situation ljke this. We thank Jason for all the work they put in to get our house back to normal.
Betty and Jake

Thank you for the review and please call anytime if you ever need any other services from GTARestoration.com

More about Gta Restoration

24-hour Emergency Service - Years of experience in the Restoration field.
Looking for Fire & Water Damage Restoration pros in Toronto?