Organizing Products & Services
Toronto ON

Reviews for Simply Home Downsizing

Alexandra
Alexandra

Bedroom closet and couch assembly

The people at simply Home helped to create a storage solution for my closet. They sourced the options, materials and organized receipt of delivery. When it was confirmed they would be ordering materials through Ikea they were very gracious and coordinated ordering my couch from this same location. They were on site for the delivery and install which meant I did not have to be. They very kindly put my couch together at no extra cost. I would use them again and I would highly recommend their services to others. Cost below includes my couch which was $1100. AND when ikea couch then went on sale they coordinated with them to honour sale price...I didn’t have to lift a finger!

The Simply Home team enjoyed working with you as well. Planning and coordinating a better organized closet will no doubt help you feel more settled into your new home. We wish you the best for the amazing new space and thank you for working through the process with us.

bernadette in Old Toronto
bernadette in Old Toronto

Best service - packing, organizing, selling furniture for two moves!

Jeff is an absolute lifesaver! I worked with Jeff twice - first in 2016, when I was packing to move abroad, and again a couple months ago, after I’d sold my house. I cannot imagine having done either without him. I’ve moved 5 or 6 times over the past couple years, and it’s always extremely stressful, overwhelming, and time-consuming - except for the occasions I’ve had the good fortune to work with Jeff. I cannot stress enough how much easier he made my life. Best of all, Jeff is such a pleasure to work with - always with such an upbeat, optimistic, no-pressure attitude.

During my first move, Jeff helped me pack up an entire house worth of stuff in just three efficient sessions. Before he came over, I was extremely overwhelmed with how much I had to do. I was stressed not only with the move, which was somewhat sudden, but also with a difficult family situation. With his incredibly efficient help, we were able to pack up all my things and sort them into what would be staying in storage and what would come with me to Europe. He helped me with all the details, including finding an economical shipment company, shipping my boxes for me, and taking things for donation or disposal.

The second time I worked with Jeff, I was no less stressed - I had just sold my house and had just a few weeks to get rid of all my furniture and the remaining things in my home. I’d initially tried selling things on my own through Kjiji and other websites, with little luck. Running out of time - and while I was out of the country! - Jeff organized the sale of all my furniture in one week. To my great relief, I came back to an empty house. As with the first time, Jeff also happily helped with all the little details, from coordinating a cleaning service to helping me move boxes to storage to disposing of little items. With very little time on my hands, Jeff’s coordination and help were invaluable.

Thank you, Jeff and the entire Simply Home Downsizing team! Hugely recommended.

Thank you Bernadette, you were an absolute dream to work with as well. Your kind words and trust in Simply Home is important to us. We were so pleased that you called us back again to work with you for a second time. We know moving can be stressful for some people but you were open to our suggestions and trusted Simply Home to accomplish what needed to be done in a short time frame. We love helping our clients and providing you with peace of mind. Best wishes for your next new adventure.

Pack for a move

I hired Simply Home to help me pack before my move and I am so glad that I did. The team was professional and friendly and helped lessen the stress of moving.

Hi J, moving can be very stressful. We're happy The Simply Home Team was able to pack you up before the big move. We wish you all the best in your new home!!

Fatima B.
Fatima B.

Decluttering, Sorting and Donating

416-710-2152
Toronto
M5N 1J5

We called on Simply Home Downsizing to re-organize our very full storage locker. They helped us declutter, sort, and donate items we no longer needed. We can now walk in and quickly access the items we need. We have also recommended Jeff and Pauline to several of our valued clients. They are always quick to respond to us and our clients. They are extremely pleasant to deal with and very, very helpful. All of the feedback we have received from our clients are the same.
“Jeff and Pauline are very kind, patience and understanding and they couldn’t have done all the packing and moving without their service.”
Would highly recommend there service.

Hi Fatima, It is ALWAYS a pleasure to work with you, your team, and your clients with their downsizing projects!! Thank you for the excellent review. The entire Simply Home Downsizing Team look forward to more collaborations in the future!!

Monika in Old Toronto
Monika in Old Toronto

Staging

Rosalind was very warm in her approach when staging our home for selling purposes. She has a keen sense of in style taste. We had our home sold within 30 days! Simply Home Downsizing is an amazing company with exceptional service! I highly recommend them.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review, Monika. Selling your home after just having a baby is not an easy thing to do and you were all so gracious and accommodating. It was truly a pleasure working with all of you!

Jim in Old Toronto
Jim in Old Toronto

Exceptional Service and Assistance

Pauline Duhart and Jeff Orr assisted with Estate clearing, renovations and staging. The service provided was truly exceptional. Estate clearing efforts were seamless, and very well coordinated. Concerning renovations, the estate home was a disaster. They essentially acted as general contractors, sourcing and providing a full range of contractors (sanding and refinishing floors, replacing carpets, painting the entire house, landscaping, handyman repairs, high end cleaning, purchasing and replacing fixtures, receptacles, vent covers, etc.). Multiple estimates were provided for contractors, and prices were highly competitive. The finished product was staged (included in the fee), and sold 12 days after listing. They took a literal "disaster" and turned it into a gem! Our broker suggested that the reno added over $100,000 to the value of the house (for a fraction of that cost). They also dealt tactfully and professionally with the many family members and acquaintances of the deceased. This was unexpected, and very welcome.
I'm thinking I'll use their services if I ever sell my own home. They were that good.

Hi Jim, we were honoured to work with you on your estate clearing project. We know how time consuming and difficult these tasks can be and we were so happy to be able to alleviate some of the stress for you. You were a pleasure to work with....and we loved your prompt decision making skills....it really kept the project moving swiftly. Congratulations on the quick sale of the property and we wish you all the best for the future!! - The entire Simply Home Downsizing Team

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Packing , unpacking and organization

416-710-2152
Toronto
M5N 1J5

I cannot express the extent of my thanks for Simply Home Downsizing - Rosaland and her team were incredible. Moving is stressful at best. I am a busy professional and didn't know where to begin when planning a move that was suddenly scheduled for 6 weeks prior to the original date! Yikes....I sent out the bat signal, and Simply Home Downsizing came to the rescue.

The crew was organized, professional, neat and smart - my items were packed and unpacked with great care. Rosaland and her team were likely the only positive part of the entire moving experience.

If you are looking for a reliable, down-to-earth and smart company, rely on Simply Home Downsizing!

Thank you so much for trusting us to handle your move and thank you for providing us with such a kind and thoughtful review.
It was such a pleasure assisting you- we can't thank you enough for your warmth and hospitality.
Wishing you all the best in your new home! Love, Simply Home.

Maggie
Maggie

Home Staging

We hired Rosalind and her team to stage our townhouse for sale. I have done my own staging for previous home sales but this time I'm very glad that I chose to go with Simply Home Downsizing instead.

The entire experience has been very pleasant from the start. Rosalind always responded to my emails and phone calls quickly, and she understood the demographics in my neighbourhood and designed the space accordingly. Her team was friendly and professional. Always on time and always calm - which was wonderful during a normally stressful time for homeowners.

The end result was amazing, we got positive comments from everyone who came to view the place.

I highly recommend Simply Home Downsizing for anyone who's looking to stage and sell their home.

Hi Maggie, The Simply Home Downsizing Team is grateful for your very detailed and wonderful review. We loved staging your space and take pride in being responsive and calm when you need it most. Thanks so much!!

sleeon in Cochrane
sleeon in Cochrane

Moving

Jeff and his crew helped me twice, once to pack up the house and prepare for the "Staging" then to actually pack up the remainder of the house for the move. Their calm efficiency turned what could have been an extremely stressful time for me, into a well organized experience. Jeff took care of everything, and always with a smile and good humour. If I needed more boxes, they were dropped off. If family heirlooms needed attention they got it. If donations or garbage needed to be taken of they were. I highly recommend Simply Home and wouldn't think twice about calling on their services to help me again.

Thank you for your kind words. The team enjoyed working with you throughout the entire project. Your trust in our process made it easy to achieve the desired results. Wishing you all the very best in your new adventures. Jeff

Saved me during a crisis

Pauline was recommended to me by my realtor after selling my home and during a divorce, one of the most difficult transitions of my life. I needed to downsize my life into a small storage unit so that I could travel and decide where to rebuild my life. In walks Pauline who took the reigns, organized all of my home content into manageable parts. She spent an entire day with me and for that day she was like an old friend and surrogate husband. I know this service is most used for seniors wanting to downsize their homes but I would highly recommend it for any woman getting divorced who needs an assistant to get through it. There was so much STUFF I had accumulated over the years sharing a home with my ex. When faced with divorce one does not have much energy to list a power sander on Craigslist. Pauline made everything simple, manageable and had good strategies for deciding what to keep and what to sell or dispose of. We shared many laughs and I will always be grateful for her tremendous help and support in my journey towards a simpler, happier life.

Hi R, we are so grateful for your considerate and kind review. It was a delight to work with you on your downsizing project and help you during one of the most emotional and stressful times in your life. Sometimes we just need someone to come in to create and implement a plan for us. We wish you success and happiness going forward....we know you will shine!!

More about Simply Home Downsizing

Simply Home is a Toronto based company comprised of an expert team of caring professionals, Simply Home specializes in home downsizing, decluttering, organizing, estate clearing and senior moving assistance/senior downsizing.

Our goal is to offer our clients a one-stop whole home solution for those selling their home, transitioning into a smaller home or wanting to restore peaceful serenity to the home in which they live.

Services include downsizing, decluttering, organizing, auction set up, estate clearing, move management, packing and unpacking, and new home set up.