Corbeil Appliances

Bob in Montréal
Bob in Montréal
0 reviews Montreal,

Horrible Service!!!

Ordered a fridge in May 2020. Delayed 5 times with no commitment. Received an automated notification of delivery the following day and took the day off work. No one showed. I called and they said they forgot to change that when the order was delayed, no apology.

After 14 months waiting for my fridge I cancelled and was told I'd have my refund in 72 hours. It's been 14 days!

If you call be prepared to be on hold for AT LEAST an hour. After multiple follow ups, still no refund, no apology and no effort on their end to resolve.

Do not ever do business with this company!!!!!!!!!

Private User reviews Chelsea,

kitchen and laundry

I bought all appliances at Corbeil in Gatineau a couple of years ago. while I was unimpressed with their service then I found out that they could be much worst. My induction cooktop malfunctioned and after a long protracted dealing with the company, unable to have it fixed they credited the cost. I bought a new gas one at Cobeil only to find out that I got the wrong spare parts. When I finally was able to go to the store (Covid restrictions) I was told to call the manufacturer. The list is much longer; I would not advise my worst enemy to shop at Corbeil, especially in Gatineau.

Cepstein
Cepstein
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Non delivery

just now
We purchased 4 appliances June 8 2020. The refrigerator was not delivered with the others and we were told that it was on back order and if we switched to a higher priced model it would arrive sooner but we would also have to pay in full. We have as yet not received the refrigerator it is now over 8 months without a fridge. As you can imagine it is very difficult to live without refrigeration ( expensive to eat takeout every day and unhealthy). Corbeil customer service is not responding to us when we can get through we are told someone will call us but we have not had a response.

Paula in Montréal
Paula in Montréal
0 reviews Montreal,

Washer and dryer

Called 3 days ago to buy a washer and a dryer. Great service ( I thought)... got my appliances this morning at 9 am.
Is not 3 pm and I’ve been calling since 11 because the washer does not work!!!
Nobody answers, they put you this music and tells you that if you want the next representative calls you back... but I’ve been trying for the past 4 hours!!!
Never buying anything there again!!

Private User reviews Carleton Place, ON

Order Trouble

This was an online order from Corbeil and not necessarily a review of the Ottawa store but the company itself. My first ever review because I was so unimpressed with the company.

I bought an upright freezer online in early August. A sales representative contacted me and said that it was 2 months back ordered. Not a problem, I guess everyone is buying freezers because of Covid. In late September I called to check the status of my order they told me that I wouldn't get my order until February 2021. I was offered no help to find another model or any kind of incentive to wait 6 months for my order. I was also out almost $1000 for 6 months because they had already charged me. After multiple attempts to contact someone to help me a manager called and told me there are no freezers available at all. I asked to cancel my order and he said, "okay you'll have you're refund within 10 days." then hung up on me. 1 week later I contacted a representative to confirm my order was cancelled and it had not been.

I will never be shopping here again and will not be recommending it to anyone. There are many other small appliance stores willing to put in the work to help their customers.

Rich McLovin
Rich McLovin
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Kitchen appliances

A new $2,700 stove arrived broken. It wouldn't shut off from full blast without using the basement breaker. A second one arrived with the same issue. Clearly a recall issue. The new matching fridge also started making loud noises after 3 days. I took long videos of the stove that would only turning off via the breaker. Then they sent a third party repair man who also put in writing that it was broken on arrival. Corbeil still wanted to charge us a %20 "re-shevling" fee. %20 of the MSRP, by the way, and not the sale price we paid. They charged us $1668.22 to return a new completely unsafe and broken range. I gave the technicians documents and my video footage to Justine and Sean, both managers. They said it arrived in good condition! I sued Corbeil in small claims and won back every penny. It's all on public record, claim no.
SC19001549840000.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

No help with dishwasher that was dead on arrival

Run in the other direction instead of shopping at Corbeil. They sold us a defective Kitchen Aid dishwasher and refused to replace it, even though it never worked from day one. We were left on our own to deal with the manufacturer and they will only repair, not replace. They take their sweet time, too. Other appliance sellers have more flexible return policies.

Unfortunately there are many variables that can cause a new dishwasher to be non functional and a tech visit is required to determine the cause. As a private user I am unable to look into your file and help further. Please contact the store so we can assist you further.

carina in Paradise
carina in Paradise
1 review Paradise, NL

return policy and customer service

Be aware when you buy from Corbeil. 30 days return policy and the moment you open the box they charge you 20% if you want to return the product.
Also customer service not trying at all to solve your problem.

b.campbell
b.campbell
1 review Ottawa, ON

LG dishwasher broken out of the box and they don't care

We bought a LG dishwasher. It came malfunctioning out of the box. We called Corbeil and were told we had to deal with the manufacturer. It is 16 months old and the dishwasher has sat broken 3 months out of that time. I called Corbeil each time it broke and they said they would "tell their sales rep". Essentially, Corbeil is selling poor quality products. They get your money and leave you to deal with terrible customer service and repair of the company.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Beware Corbeil Appliances and Maytag Bravos washer!

Beware Corbeil Appliances Pinecrest Mall and Maytag Bravos washer!!

We were just a couple in our mid 70s. Our old washer and dryer finally gave up and we decided to get brand new ones. Corbeil Appliances is located nearby. We immediately informed the salesman we wanted the lowest price appliances. Oh no he convinced us to get the Maytag Bravos washer and dryer. Highly recommended them. We would save
so much money on water. So many options ...

The first month after purchase we were away most of the time and didn’t use the machines. Next month quickly realized our clothes were still dirty after washing. Soap spots and a smell of detergent still in the clothes. This is because virtually no water is used. Maybe two cups. Top of clothes don’t even get wet. No agitator. Clothes come out badly wrinkled. And they stink.

Decided to visit shop today to request return. Nope, only in first month the salesman Jon Roche tells us but the decision rests with the manager Jay Armstrong. Ha! He immediately says no chance. We have policy you know. Would be laughed at if he asked! He then proceeded to tell us he hears the same complaints about this Maytag washer all the time. Agrees with us that the machine in dreadful. In reply to our suggestion they shouldn’t be selling them he replied he wished they weren’t.

Why on earth would Jon Roche the salesman convince us to buy a machine with so many defects? He was just doing his job was the reply, doing what Maytag told him to do.

Jay Armstrong , manager told us: we should be dividing our clothes into six tiny loads to get them clean (salesman never mentioned this)... washer just functioning as it should, we were given misguided information, manager said he wishes he could just put a blanket over the Maytag and not sell them, hears about the clothes wrinkling all the time, say it it because of spin, too strong. Half the clothes don’t even get wet ... hears this complaint all the time.

And they just keep on selling Maytag Bravos. No problem that customer will be upset and angry that washer doesn’t work.

Asked what they do with machines returned in first month ... sold used. But they can’t sell them used after two months? Used only for a month. No. Too bad for us he said ... as in too bad so sad.

We left the store very upset and dismayed.

All that money spent on a machine the Jon Roche told us was wonderful and no recourse now that we know the washer is defective and never should have been manufactured . There is no way around the water problem. They will tell you to use the larger load option. But this doesn’t work. Machine doesn’t like it and empties.

Jay Armstrong finally says he must try a top loading washer. He has never actually used the machine. Is training just believe what you are told?

Corbeil should be ashamed. Selling highly inferior product to older couple and no regret. No assistance.

Looking for Appliance Retailers pros in Ottawa?