Windows & Doors Installation & Service

Reviews for Premier Windows & Doors

LS in Ottawa
LS in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Front door and side lights

*updated below*
I have been so frustrated working with Premier windows and doors. Initially the salesman was pleasant, but 9 months after paying our deposit, the job is still not finished to our satisfaction. After waiting months to get the door in from the manufacturer, Gentek, it did not fit correctly. It was installed as best they could- basically jammed in and scratched up in the process. After sending Gentek reps to our house they have ordered a new frame and door because the initial ones were faulty, however that was several months ago. Now I have a door that doesn't open and close properly and is damaged, but still no date to install the new one. We have followed up regularly and every time it was " still waiting on the door from the manufacturer". STILL NO DOOR and a LOT of aggravation!

*Update: I have a new door now and it looks great. The supplier replaced the new door and door frame and the owners of Premier Windows and Doors, Leo and Helmut, were hands on in ensuring that the second install went smoothly. The Gentek product was still challenging for the installers and was not closing properly. The installers took their time and did not leave until they had everything fitting well and the door opening and closing properly.
All in all, this process took a long time and communication wasn't always great early on as we waited and waited for the door to come in. Once we had a chance to discuss our concerns with Helmut and Leo they made sure to resolve our issues professionally and promptly. They went out of their way to make things right, which we really appreciated.

Review has 1 previous version

Dear LS,

Thank you for your review.

We want to set the record straight.

1.)
Your entrance door was defective and as soon as we found out, we contacted our supplier and they needed to assess the door first before deciding what to do.
The supplier ordered a new door frame and by the time the new door frame arrived, your original door slab ended up having "Rub" marks because of the old door frame being bowed.
As soon as we found out that your door slab had these "Rub" marks, we immediately contacted the supplier again to get you a new door slab as well.
As soon as we get your NEW door slab, we will contact you for an installation date.

2.)
We are NOT in a legal battle about "Overcharging" our customers.

Notes:
We are competitively priced and if our customers find that our price is too high, it is the customer's decision if he/she wants to purchase our products and services.
We do not force anyone to purchase from us.

We did win the HomeStars Award twice in a row (2016 & 2017) for supplying great products, excellent installations and after sales service.

PS:
We are still waiting to hear from our supplier (hopefully today) to find out about the arrival of your NEW door slab.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and your family!

We are just as frustrated as you about what happened to you with your entrance door!

After we hear from our supplier about your door slab arrival, we WILL ask the supplier for a discount for you and whatever the discount we get, we WILL hand over the discount to you immediately.

Additional comments:
We are sorry, that it took so long to resolve the issues with your door!!

The new replacement frame from our supplier still did NOT fit properly, but we were able to make the necessary adjustments to ensure a "Proper" fit and seal of the door slab.

Please do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or concerns!

Thank you for your business and your patience with us!

Helmut & Leo

(613) 225-0005
1916 Merivale Road, Unit 101
Ottawa
K2G

We started looking for replacement windows in the winter and did our research, and we were very pleased with the product offered at Premier and the time that the sales rep Deryk took to review our requirements and answer all of our questions. The installation was done in June and we are so pleased with not only the quality of the Lifestyle windows but the installation team was outstanding. It was a great experience from the first meeting right to the final install day.

Hello Wanda and Don,

Thank you very much for your great review!

It has been a pleasure working with you and we are very happy (again!) that everything went smoothly from the initial contact throughout the consulting process and of course the final installation of the windows.

If there are any issues, please do not hesitate to contact us right away, so we can take care of you!

Thank you very much for your business!

Bob and Val in Ottawa
Bob and Val in Ottawa

Windows and Siding

Discovered this company at the Ottawa Home Show, in January of 2017. We were impressed with their knowledgeable salesperson, Deryk, who took his time to explain the differences in the quality and functions of windows. We chose, with his help,the Gentek Triple Pane Windows for the look, but most importantly, the quality and insulating factors for sound and weather.. Next, we were informed that we could also purchase Gentek insulated siding from them. Installation was started and completed in four days by a thoroughly competent crew, led by Leo. Cleanup was done outside daily and respect was shown for the inside of our home as well. Now our home looks up-dated and beautiful! All our neighbors approve! We highly recommend Premier Windows and Doors for having the best products and installers. We are extremely pleased and happy! Thankyou so very much! Bob and Valerie

Hello Bob and Vila,

Thank you very much for your great review!

We are always give our very best when it comes to products, installation and after sales service.

We welcome you to our large family of satisfied customers.

We are only a phone call away, if you have any questions or concerns.

Shelley Hartman from Ottawa
Shelley Hartman from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Studio and farm window replacement

(613) 225-0005
1916 Merivale Road, Unit 101
Ottawa
K2G

I have used Premier Windows for 2 other jobs and chose them for this third project, again for their high standards of product and the superior skill of their installers, all European-trained. This time, the windows were huge and the job no easy task, but the trust I have in Helmut and Leo is complete and the installation was finer than I could have imagined. I have 2 large jobs coming up and for once in my life I have no worries concerning contractors; I shall just call Premier Windows and Doors.

Hello Shelly,
It's our pleasure working with your projects! You are always so organized and you know exactly what you want and how you want us to install your windows/doors. It's customers like you that makes us very humble!!
Thank you AGAIN for your great review and we are looking forward doing many projects with you in the future!

Wayne and Debbie
Wayne and Debbie

Residing 2 Story House and Garden Door Installation

Our total experience from sales to installation and follow-up was courteous and professional and without pressure or stress. The job delivered was exactly as quoted with no surprises. Deryk in sales was knowledgeable and helpful in selecting the right products for our project and he was quick to respond to any of our questions or concerns. Leo and his team of installers were obviously professional, did not take any short cuts and the finished details were of the highest quality standard. They clearly took pride in doing the job right. Leo also made sure we were kept informed of progress each day. Helmut and Deryk both visited the site a couple of times during the project to monitor progress and follow up on our satisfaction. I would highly recommend this company and suggest getting a quote if considering a reno project.

Hello Debbie and Wayne,

Thank you very much for your kind review!

We are happy, that everything is to your complete satisfaction.

Premier Windows & Doors prides itself for providing exceptional products and workmanship.
Our reputation depends on it.

Hopefully, you will tell all your friends, neighbors and work colleges about the experience you had with us.

Thank you for awarding us your business!

Mary Little in Ottawa
Mary Little in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Exterior back entrance door replacement

Found out about Premier Windows and Doors purely by chance as I stopped in to see their showroom in Ottawa. I spoke with Helmut, one of the owners, and I like his friendly and informative approach - not aggressive. My background is industrial sales so I appreciated that. I had an exterior door to replace on my Georgian style older brick home. That was a small job I realized and a few other vendors that I had approached seemed uninterested and made me chase them for info. Helmut gave me the attention I needed and got the job done right. He was helpful and pleasant and his installer Leo is qualified and trustworthy. Any issues I had were responded to and dealt with to my full satisfaction. I happened upon this company and checked out their ratings before I considered them seriously. I would recommend Helmut and Leo and would work with them again.

Hello Mary,

Thank you very much for your kind review!

We are totally committed to every customer and do our very best to satisfy our customer's needs.

Thank you very much for your business!

Evan in Ottawa
Evan in Ottawa

High Quality, Service, Integrity, Value for Money

On two separate occasions, Premier Windows and Doors has now replaced nearly all of the windows on our 1500+ sq ft late 50's vintage bungalow. My deep appreciation goes out to Michelle for her expertise and steadfast support and service to us. The windows are great looking, clearly well designed for our climate, adaptable to our circumstances (triple pane option to reduce street noise) and inspire confidence. The installation crew was professional and courteous and we are so pleased with the final result. Thank you!

Hello Evan,
Thank you very much for your great review!

We appreciate all the work we have received from you and if there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact us.

As always, we will take very good care of you.

Helmut & Leo

PK in Ottawa
PK in Ottawa

Great Windows all around

Looking for new windows, I much prefer a company with a showcase so I can touch and see the product. Michelle was amazing and the installation crew were very good.

Hello Mr. K,

Thank you very much for your great review!

It's very much appreciated!

We are always committed to provide the best products and installation to all our customers.

promomusic from Ottawa
promomusic from Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

My master bedroom window

They did an excellent job with the installation of my new bedroom window. The installers were polite and they paid attention to details. Drop cloths were used to minimize the dirt in my house.

Hello Frank,

Thank you very much for your great review!

Doing a great job every time keeps our customers happy and our overhead costs low.

Thank you for letting us do the work for you!

James McMillan in Ottawa
James McMillan in Ottawa

Doors

Attended trade show where I was introduced to the company. Sales staff are highly educated as to the features and benefits of their products. At home service was excellent and their installation team was very professional and exceptionally tidy. Sales team stays in touch with you during the whole process , which can be many months, depending on the clients installation timing. Highly recommended.

Hello James,

We appreciate your great review!

We are constantly learning new things (product knowledge, installation processes and upgraded office work flow implantation) to improve ourself even more.

It's all about having excellent customer service and relationship building with all our existing and future customers!

More about Premier Windows & Doors

“Engineering excellence, built in Canada and Germany”

We are proud to serve you in four languages: English, French, German & Russian

Our specialty is, to supply home owners and contractors with precise solutions that are beautifully crafted, energy efficient and fit their budgets. Having been in the windows and doors industry since 1986, we appreciate the hard work that goes into every little detail of manufacturing windows, patio doors and entry door systems.

From German windows to your north American windows, we carry the complete line of products for your convenience.

All our products are manufactured with "German" precision that ensure proper operating for many years to come!

We start by evaluating your needs, product selection for your home, while keeping your budget in mind.

Our job does not end just because you purchased products from us.

We guide you through the product selection process, re-measure steps, installation procedures to completion of your project and take very good care of you if you need after sale service.

We are also "Wheel Chair" accessible for easy access by all our customers!