Premier Windows & Doors

Jami
Jami
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Door installation

Premier windows replaced my double front entry door. From the moment Helmut entered my door to give me a quote until the keys were handed on the new door the team at Premier went above and beyond and gave amazing service.
Helmut was very patient and friendly he answered all of my questions on doors and provided me pricing on many different doors and options. He was never pushy and allowed me to take the time I need to find a door I would really love.
What is amazing about Premier doors is that they took care of all the details I did not need to worry about anything. They did not just install a door and walk away they made sure that the door tied seamlessly to the house. In my case as the house is over 30 years old this meant some addition framing, reinforcing the step, and adding cladding.

Hello Jami,

We are so humbled by your great review!

THANK YOU!!

It was a pleasure working with you and I'm sure, you will have many years of joy walking through your new front entry door.

It's like I told you when you started the process of choosing the exact style and design of your front door:
"Please take your time with the design of your door. The last thing you want to happen, is to have regrets about your door".
You will be walking through your new door multiple times per day and we want you to absolutely love your door every time you walk through it.

Thank you for your business and we are looking forward doing the other 4 entry doors for you, when ever you are ready to proceed!

Janice&Chris
Janice&Chris

Replace house windows

We would like to thank Premier Windows and Doors and their staff for the professional job that they did when they installed our new windows. We would be very happy to recommend them to anyone requiring new windows in the future!
Janice

Hello Janice & Chris,

We appreciate your wonderful review!

It makes us smile (a great smile is what makes us tick!), when we get such positive feedback from our customers!

We are looking forward of doing the rest of your windows in the near future.

Thank you for your business!

angela.mckelvey in Ottawa
angela.mckelvey in Ottawa

5 windows and front door replaced

We received great service with no pressure in the selection of 5 new windows and new front door for our home. Product features and their benefits were well presented and offered at affordable price.

During installation the team doing the work arrived promptly, set up quickly and carried out the work efficiently, quietly and cleaned up at the end of the day. They answered questions and gave great information on the benefits of my new windows and door over the ones being replaced.

Once installed the windows lived up to everything we had been told, and we were very pleased not only with how good they looked but also in the quality of the products installed

Hello Angela,

Thank you very much for your great review!

We always give our best to ensure our customer's happiness!

Thank you for doing business with us!

Lisa
Lisa

New windows

Premier Windows & Doors
(613) 225-0005
1916 Merivale Road, Unit 101
Ottawa
K2G

I had all 17 windows replaces as well as my front door. I got estimates from 8 or 9 vendors but only premier Windows was able to deliver exactly what I wanted and under the GreenON program, I did not have to make one compromise. They were not the cheapest but also not the most expensive but they were willing to make sure I received the quality product in the style I desired.
Crew was courteous, efficient, and cleaned up after themselves. No dirty finger prints on my walls, no cigarette butts etc that you get used to when contractors are working on your house. Last but not least the change was dramatic and I have fallen in love with my house again.

Hello Lisa,

Thank you very much for your great review!!

I drove by your home this morning to see the difference in the "Look & Feel" of your home and you are absolutely correct, the change was dramatic and all you neighbors will love you for it! It will increase their home values as well now!

tobie.jaros
tobie.jaros
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Installation of windows and doors

Very meticulous and attention to detail was given throughout entire job. Very pleased with the results.

Hello Tobie & John,

Thank you very much for your great review!
We always give our very best with every project to ensure our customer's happiness.

Rose M.
Rose M.
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Installed double hung windows in my second story house.

The owner Helmut is very accommodating, and helpful, available to answer questions and pleasant to deal with. The labours were hard working, respectful of my property and yard, and left the the site clean. I was impressed with the precision with which they installed the trim. The quality of windows looks good.

Hello Rose Mary,

Thank you so much for your kind words!

We pride ourselves to give our very best on all our projects, to ensure our customers are completely satisfied with our products, installation and after sales service.

You will enjoy your windows for years to come and if there are any issues what so ever, please do not hesitate to contact me right away and we will take very good care of you.

Don Butler in Ottawa
Don Butler in Ottawa

New windows

In June, Premier Windows and Doors installed windows supplied by Lifestyle Home Products at my house. The windows appear to be well-built and I am confident they will provide good service for years to come. However, there was a persistent problem with the main window in my master bedroom. When tilted inwards, the window would become unstable and pop out of the track in the frame.
Premier was responsive to the problem, but was unable to fix it. The company then contacted Lifestyle, the window manufacture, who sent a service technician to my house three times (the poor guy lives in Waterloo, Ont.) before he was able to devise a solution. It transpired that this instability problem sometimes occurs when larger windows are tilted inward. This probably wasn't flagged by Premier Windows, which may or may not have been aware of it. In any case, the windows look good and the follow-up service was good, so I have no regrets about the purchase. I simply want potential customers to be aware of the potential problem of instability on large windows.

Hello Don,

Thank you for your review!

You are correct about your statement of Double Hung windows when they become very wide.

It is important to balance the sashes properly when you are tilting them towards the inside.

NOTE:
Any manufacturer (not just Lifestyle) of Double Hung windows that are as wide as your windows need to balance the sashes properly by the person operating the window, so that they don't pop out of the frame. It is very difficult to anticipate, which Double Hung windows are harder to balance. It all depends on the width of the Double Hung window.

The only way to avoid this, is to have 2 Double Hung windows (half the width, each) coupled together, but then you end up with a very wide vertical area where the two windows are coupled together and you loose a lot of light coming from outside.

Thank you for your business!

LS in Ottawa
LS in Ottawa
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Front door and side lights

*updated below*
I have been so frustrated working with Premier windows and doors. Initially the salesman was pleasant, but 9 months after paying our deposit, the job is still not finished to our satisfaction. After waiting months to get the door in from the manufacturer, Gentek, it did not fit correctly. It was installed as best they could- basically jammed in and scratched up in the process. After sending Gentek reps to our house they have ordered a new frame and door because the initial ones were faulty, however that was several months ago. Now I have a door that doesn't open and close properly and is damaged, but still no date to install the new one. We have followed up regularly and every time it was " still waiting on the door from the manufacturer". STILL NO DOOR and a LOT of aggravation!

*Update: I have a new door now and it looks great. The supplier replaced the new door and door frame and the owners of Premier Windows and Doors, Leo and Helmut, were hands on in ensuring that the second install went smoothly. The Gentek product was still challenging for the installers and was not closing properly. The installers took their time and did not leave until they had everything fitting well and the door opening and closing properly.
All in all, this process took a long time and communication wasn't always great early on as we waited and waited for the door to come in. Once we had a chance to discuss our concerns with Helmut and Leo they made sure to resolve our issues professionally and promptly. They went out of their way to make things right, which we really appreciated.

Review has 1 previous version

Dear LS,

Thank you for your review.

We want to set the record straight.

1.)
Your entrance door was defective and as soon as we found out, we contacted our supplier and they needed to assess the door first before deciding what to do.
The supplier ordered a new door frame and by the time the new door frame arrived, your original door slab ended up having "Rub" marks because of the old door frame being bowed.
As soon as we found out that your door slab had these "Rub" marks, we immediately contacted the supplier again to get you a new door slab as well.
As soon as we get your NEW door slab, we will contact you for an installation date.

2.)
We are NOT in a legal battle about "Overcharging" our customers.

Notes:
We are competitively priced and if our customers find that our price is too high, it is the customer's decision if he/she wants to purchase our products and services.
We do not force anyone to purchase from us.

We did win the HomeStars Award twice in a row (2016 & 2017) for supplying great products, excellent installations and after sales service.

PS:
We are still waiting to hear from our supplier (hopefully today) to find out about the arrival of your NEW door slab.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and your family!

We are just as frustrated as you about what happened to you with your entrance door!

After we hear from our supplier about your door slab arrival, we WILL ask the supplier for a discount for you and whatever the discount we get, we WILL hand over the discount to you immediately.

Additional comments:
We are sorry, that it took so long to resolve the issues with your door!!

The new replacement frame from our supplier still did NOT fit properly, but we were able to make the necessary adjustments to ensure a "Proper" fit and seal of the door slab.

Please do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or concerns!

Thank you for your business and your patience with us!

Helmut & Leo

Wanda and Don Lafleur in Toronto
Wanda and Don Lafleur in Toronto
0 reviews Gatineau, QC

Window replacement

We started looking for replacement windows in the winter and did our research, and we were very pleased with the product offered at Premier and the time that the sales rep Deryk took to review our requirements and answer all of our questions. The installation was done in June and we are so pleased with not only the quality of the Lifestyle windows but the installation team was outstanding. It was a great experience from the first meeting right to the final install day.

Hello Wanda and Don,

Thank you very much for your great review!

It has been a pleasure working with you and we are very happy (again!) that everything went smoothly from the initial contact throughout the consulting process and of course the final installation of the windows.

If there are any issues, please do not hesitate to contact us right away, so we can take care of you!

Thank you very much for your business!

More about Premier Windows & Doors

“Engineering excellence, built in Canada and Germany”

We are proud to serve you in four languages: English, French, German & Russian

Our specialty is, to supply home owners and contractors with precise solutions that are beautifully crafted, energy efficient and fit their budgets. Having been in the windows and doors industry since 1986, we appreciate the hard work that goes into every little detail of manufacturing windows, patio doors and entry door systems.

From German windows to your north American windows, we carry the complete line of products for your convenience.

All our products are manufactured with "German" precision that ensure proper operating for many years to come!

We start by evaluating your needs, product selection for your home, while keeping your budget in mind.

Our job does not end just because you purchased products from us.

We guide you through the product selection process, re-measure steps, installation procedures to completion of your project and take very good care of you if you need after sale service.

We are also "Wheel Chair" accessible for easy access by all our customers!