CGGC Construction Inc

Reviews for CGGC Construction Inc

drtimdwyer in Toronto, Ontario
drtimdwyer in Toronto, Ontario

Complete 3 storey gut job plus basement

To say that we had a huge job done is an understatement. Back to studs, full framing, HVAC, electrical, windows, plumbing, 3 bathrooms, all new stairs, dormer to third, new basement floor (13 tonnes of gravel, 3 inches of concrete), insulation, drywall, painting, trim, 27 new doors, beams, floors, front porch, back deck etc etc etc.

Carl Gales of CGGC Inc has been outstanding. Professional, knowledgeable, attention to detail, friendly, approachable, contactable, timely. There were always a million guys working at our house. The whole street is impressed. Carl even stepped in when our architect had made some very poor recommendations, and totally changed our house for the better. His recommendations were always spot on, in every way. Our home is simply amazing. Feel free to come check it out!

Renovations can be stressful, and they are expensive. However, if you want the very best contractor to be in charge of this (hopefully) once in a lifetime event, Carl, Dave, Dave, Drew, AJ and his extensive team of professionals are the very best. Probably you have to convince Carl to take on your project!

All the best

Tim Dwyer

Peter A
Peter A

Full house re-build

After looking at over 75 houses to buy in Toronto, the only house that was beyond impressive and worthy of buying was the house that Carl and his company did a complete re-build on in North Leaside.

The quality and attention to detail in Carl's work is excellent. My wife and I have now lived in the house for several years and despite the natural settling, we only have had an issue with the outside front stairs which Carl attended to immediately. We have been so happy with Carl's work we have gladly opened our home to show potential clients of his just how fantastic Carl's work truly is!

If you're looking for the best in the business when it comes to contractors and home construction/renovation, then call Carl. Or better yet, call him and ask to see the work he did on my home.

Peter

Hello Peter,
Thank You for the wonderful response. I just completed another project in the Bluffs and had the same reaction form the owners

Always a pleasure working for people that appreciate our quality craftsmanship

Thank You again for making your home available to view for my clients

Best Regards

Carl

Maurice from Toronto
Maurice from Toronto

Bathroom Reno, Basement Reno, Waterproofing, Roof Replacement.

Carl and his crew have been working on out house for about 8 years. Our house had to be designed in a specific way, especially our bathroom due to our handicapped child.
The house needed waterproofing due to a recent flood. We had to get signoff from the City to complete the task. Carl made arrangements and completed the waterproofing while we were on vacation. The basement reno was a job well done within the assigned timeframe and we had no issues with leaving the key to our home with Carl. The roof replacement was done in record time, and the surroundings were cleaned.
Carl and his crew have always been prompt and professional. Quality and pricing have always been a concern. Carl have always been on time and within our estimated costs. He always came by after the job was done to ensure we were satisfied with the results.

Thank You Maurice for taking the time to review

Penny from Toronto
Penny from Toronto

Porch repairs

We called on Carl from CGGC Construction for a quotation to rebuild our porch. He came and guided us through the process we recognized that the porch was not touched in the 30 years we lived here. His quote was fair and the work done by his team was excellent and we did not experience any of the frustration with renovating that our neighbors’ talk about. We recommend Carl and his team and will have him back for any repairs we need.
Penny
From Leslieville

Alyssa from Toronto
Alyssa from Toronto

Basement Reno

My husband and I had water leakage in our basement and hired a waterproofing company. They then referred us to Carl who was excellent. He and his team did the framing, vapour barrier, insulation, drywall, painting and also installed the subfloor and membrane. He was on time and on budget (as per his quote). He is trustworthy (we left him with the key to our home) and coordinated with all the trades while we were at work - so we didn't have to take time. His workmanship is excellent and he restored our basement back to what it once was. Carl has my highest recommendation and I've referred him to my family and friends. He was flexible throughout the process and adjusted accordingly. For example, when I added in that the ceiling needed to be painted, he added that in - no problem. He's very easy to work with and down-to-earth. I have never written a review before but felt the need to let others know about Carl and his wonderful company.

Thank-You Alyssa for your wonderful response

It is always a please to work for good people, and again thanks for the numerous referrals

and Congratulations to you both !

Geoff B. from Toronto
Geoff B. from Toronto

Bathroom renovation

We've used Carl twice in the past three years. Both times the work was calmly and expertly evaluated, well executed and ended happily as substantial improvements to our home. Would call Carl again without hesitation.

Thank You Geoff, always a pleasure to work with you both

Carl, Dave and Ivan

Lionel from Toronto
Lionel from Toronto

Total House Reno

After struggling to find a contractor we felt comfortable with we finally met Carl. He was friendly and open, allowing us to view past projects to get a sense of his workmanship. We were impressed. Carl communicates very well at each stage, meeting weekly on-site as well as responding quickly to concerns. Carl and his crew completed our project on-time and on budget with quality work. When needing help selecting finishes Carl would meet us at various stores to help us navigate the endless possibilities. I would strongly recommend CGGC to anyone looking for an honest contractor and quality workmanship.

Thank You Lionel for taking the time to respond

Terra Malette from Toronto
Terra Malette from Toronto

Bathroom

I worked with Carl to completely gut and re-do my bathroom and I'm so happy with the quality of work that he and his crew did. They found problems (it's an old house) and fixed them along the way making me feel secure and safe with the results. My washroom looks amazing and the tiling is a work of art....

Thanks Carl, I look forward to working with you again on other projects for this old house!

Terra

Thanks Terra, for the referrals also,
Looking forward to working with you again in the future

Carl

Claude from Toronto
Claude from Toronto

Kitchen renovation and addition

Met the owner, Carl, of CGGC six years ago when I was visiting a friend. His company was doing a renovation beside my friends house and she thought I should talk to him about my kitchen reno as she said "very respectful of neighbours". I went over and he let me and my friends tour the house he just reno'd and it looked fabulous so I had him come by my house to consult. We hired Carl to do our kitchen renovation and it is now 5 years old and I feel as if it is brand new. It was a full kitchen gut and him and his crew were done in 8 weeks. We loved his work so much that when it came time to do a basement and main floor addition, we did not hesitate to only call Carl....our philosophy was "it is the devil you know vs. the devil you do not"! Nothing ever goes smoothly but it is how you handle and react to what is done and Carl is very professional with that. As with anything, make sure the relationship you have with your contractor is solid and understand the boundaries. We assumed certain things would be done, but because they were not on the drawings, we were reminded that it was not on the scope of things so meeting a lot prior to to ensure what is on your "wish list" is feasible and also ask for contractor input as well, not just architect drawings. It is also wise to remember that construction workers are tied to the weather conditions, so expect delays! The great thing about having had Carl do our renovation is that we feel safe as he is completely "by the code" contractor. We are glad that he recommended the internal water proofing, it is expensive, but where we live, so worth the money as I am sure we would have had our basement flooded by now as other newly renovated houses have been. Always remember, you get what you pay for! (We were also able to get the same guy, that Carl recommended for our kitchen cabinets to do our main floor build in...was able to match the same colour!!, not cheap but so worth it!, we had to take something off our list to get it so that is okay to do!! We did not like the cleaners that did the end of reno house clean, they missed a lot of stuff and we were cleaning a lot throughout the process so my expectations were high and they did not meet them. Definitely plan for going over your budget, my husband had one number in mind and I had another and it was mine that it was closest to...so we did not really go over...my husband got his BIG t.v.'s so he cannot complain! We did a demolition of an aging all season sunroom, full basement gut (we were not planning to but due to a neighbour reno we got flooded so we decided to fix it properly) adding a new main floor renovation with 2 piece bathroom, new 3 piece bathroom in basement (highly recommend steam shower), fitness room in basement and extended the basement to the same size as the main floor. Carl also has all of his insurances and we also got a Buiders Risk Policy (highly recommend, not cheap but great piece of mind). This renovation took 4 1/2 months and that included a two week delay because of weather and neighbours worried about a private tree in the backyard (even though our building permits were approved!, the City of Toronto does not work together!) LOVE our new space and remember to build for the future as well...our kids are entering teenage years and they will completely have space to hang out in! Thanks Carl and crew!!!

You made it easy for us - always enjoy working with great people
Hope you enjoy the extra space for many years to come.
I'm coming to watch soccer on that monster TV

Carl, Dave, Brad, Grant, David, Ivan, Henry

More about CGGC Construction Inc

Design / Build Additions Renovations Underpinning / Basements
Looking for General Contractors pros in Toronto?