Locksmith Edmonton

Reviews for Locksmith Edmonton

Mad in Edmonton
Mad in Edmonton

Bad service

I needed doors re-keyed they said starts at 19 dollars but couldn’t give me a price depends on locks. He came then it was 35 a lock and if you want rekey an extra 40 per key. Was told one of the locks could not be re-keyed his door knob set was 140 I told him I am not paying 140 for a lock. He lowered to 70. Then he added 55 labour I was mad there should be no extra labor cost. Then he said his credit card machine wasn’t working and he wanted cash he wanted me to go to bank I said no. Then he brought out machine and it worked 450.00 later do not call them

Unlock home

Called for them to unlock home. Guy was 45 minutes late - in January. Kept calling with excuses. Flat tire. Was given wrong address...
He tried the lock pick for about 5 seconds and then told me the lock would have to be drilled. That would cost me $179. Final bill was the $15 as advertised; plus $179 + $45 for labour. I don't know what there was besides labour so unclear why there was an additional charge for labour. Costs me $240 without a new lock. Tried to sell me a new lock for $79. There would be installation charges on top of that. I checked, you can get a top of the line (6pin deadbolt) for around $35.

Konstantin in Edmonton
Konstantin in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Wrong costs stated and very impolite service

We had a car lockout emergency near the Edmonton Waste Management Center. I called the locksmith and was assured this is a easy to solve problem and the costs will be low (their homepage states 15$). Soon the technician called. He was very rude and screamed at me over the phone. He was angry that he would have to drive so far out. I've sent him the address and even the coordinates several times, still he was calling me all the time grumbling that my location was too hard to find.
When he finally arrived he opened our car in 30 seconds and charged us 200$. When I asked him why I have to pay as much, he told me because he had to search for this location for such a long time and that he might have missed several customers downtown.
Later, I tried to talk to the manager, but he always told me that he has no time to talk about such things. I am very disappointed and I wish I never called this company.

Zac in Edmonton
Zac in Edmonton

Rekey

We bought our first home and had no real clue on what a locksmith would cost but we saw that it was only a $15.00 service call and around $20.00 to have each lock rekeyed. The guy got here and said he couldn't rekey the locks we had, never explaining why, so he put on all new locks. Based on the prices we talked about over the phone we assumed it would be $200-$300 at most. We were never told the final cost he just ran my credit card then once I received the receipt it showed the amount was more than double what I had expected. They would not give us our money back and take the locks back (we even offered to pay to remove them) nor would they give us the 20% off discount posted on their website. The manager was extremely ignorant and used the excuse that the installer is a subcontractor so he doesn't make any money himself.

Lois from Edmonton
Lois from Edmonton

Locksmith service call

Called 780locksmith Edmonton after house keys were lost. Guy named Avi came within 20 minutes and replaced 3 locks and door hardware without offering info or option of re-keying. Did not have VISA machine with him. Bill was $975.00. I am a senior woman and can't help but wonder if my age and gender influenced this unethical business. practice.

H from Edmonton
H from Edmonton
1 review Saint Albert, AB

Locksmith

Absolutely awful. Least professional business ever. Said $15 charge and 15 min wait time on the website. Worker showed up after 35 minutes. Then looked at both the front and back locks, and said he couldn't open them. Said it would be $240 to drill and replace one lock. I said that's ridiculous and that I wasn't interested. He said he could try to hydraulically force the door open for $140. Also ridiculous. It's cheaper for someone with a spare key to take a cab across the entire city. Then proceeded to charge me $50 for showing up and doing nothing, all while yelling at me for not taking him up on his $140 offer. Somehow a $15 service turns into a $50 charge for absolutely no service. Worst experience I've ever had from any business. There is a lot of explaining to be done for this one.

More about Locksmith Edmonton

When in Emergency situation, you simply need the fastest solution around. Edmonton Locksmith Service is ready to respond 24/ 7 a day. Call (780) 666-2397 Now.