The Brighthouse Electric

Reviews for The Brighthouse Electric

Rod from Vancouver
Rod from Vancouver

Electrical work

Al is very easy to work with. He takes the time to explain how he'll do something and what the benefits are. He's happy to try to help to find ways to reduce costs and provides options and alternatives. He'll give a realistic quote, not lowball to try to get a job and then surprise you when the final bill comes in. You'll have confidence in his skills and the work he is doing. Reliable, trustworthy, and helpful!

Hi Rod,
Thank you very much for the kind words, I really appreciate it, Al

Mike     from Vancouver
Mike from Vancouver

electrical upgrades

I have known Al Wandeler (licensed owner/operator of The Brighthouse Electric Co) for more than 10yrs.I've always been looking for a good electrician. No more looking required! He's excellent with knob and tube wiring and right up to date and code with today's standards. He'll give you his honest opinion and options and work within your time and budget. I have recommended him to other people and they are just as satisfied. His humor and personalty come at no extra cost. :) Great guy to work with! Thanks Al. Mike.

Hello Mike, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, cheers, Al

P Robinson from Vancouver
P Robinson from Vancouver

Wiring old kitchen

Skilled and trustworthy. He was happy to talk me through the process and show me the tricks of the trade. Made a potentially painful experience painless. I would definitely use him again.

Hello Patrick,
Thanks for the review, see you at the Locus.

farren lander from Surrey
farren lander from Surrey
1 review West Vancouver, BC

Electromagnetic fields inspections

I had performed a Electromagnetic field inspection on this beautiful home. In my inspection I uncovered some electrical work that needed some professional help. I have worked with
Albin on a number of projects of this nature and I have always been impressed with his vast experience of 35 years. Al is a good communicator with a great sense of humor, always keeping things light is very well organized with his mobile workshop topped up with everything needed for his electrical work. I highly recommend his services.

Hi Faren,
Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it,cheers, Al

Gary Parkinson from Etobicoke
Gary Parkinson from Etobicoke

rewiring old house

We had Al do a major rewiring on a very old house with lots of knob and tube and unsafe alterations. He was extremely careful and thoughtful in solving some difficult problems and was attentive to the cost issues. He arranged the power disconnect and the inspection and his knowledge of the system proved very helpful. We subsequently had him do work in our condo and again were very satisfied with his work and costs. Would not hesitate to recommend his service.

Hello Gary,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, cheers, Al

Julie from Vancouver
Julie from Vancouver

Renovation

Al was recommended by a framer when we were adding a half storey on our 1940-era house in 2008. He did a thorough job adding the wiring and a subpanel. In 2014 we called on him to do the electrical for our kitchen renovation and, as usual, made very good recommendations on the wiring as well as new lighting. Because he deals a lot in older homes, he even had some concrete drywall on hand to fix the lathe and plaster on our wall. We very much appreciate his professional work and his sense of humour.

Hello Julie and Brayden,
I hope all is well, thank you so much for the review, cheers, Al

Paul from Vancouver
Paul from Vancouver

Electrical replacement

Al replaced the old knob and tube in my 100 year hold house. He was very friendly and professional. I and my family feel much safer in our house knowing that the electrical has been upgraded. Al made additional improvements with safety always in mind. Al knows old houses (i.e. how to fish wires behind lath and plaster walls with minimal disruption). Al also respected my tenants in the basement and was able to work around them without interrupting them too much. Overall, I highly recommend Al.

Hell Paul,
Thank you very much for writing a review, Al

Mark from Vancouver
Mark from Vancouver

Residential compliance review

Al did a great job. Competent, on time, and on budget, plus he shared a few tips and tricks of the trade. We mapped my entire old house and brought it all up to code.
Mark Anson AIBC Int.

Hello Mark,

Thanks again to take the time to write a review, cheers, Al

Frank  from Vancouver
Frank from Vancouver

Electrical Services

While renovating an old house Al Wandeler was recommended to me by co-workers at the City of Vancouver because he specializes in correcting old knob and tube, etc. He did a very thorough and professional job. He has been my electrician ever since. Great electrician, great guy.

Hi Frank,
Thank you very much for the review, I really appreciate it, cheers, Al

More about The Brighthouse Electric

About The Brighthouse Electric Company Ltd. (Albin Wandeler, Owner) I first started the Electrical Trade at 14 1/ 2 years old while our Family was living in Switzerland. I finished my Apprenticeship in Prince George BC, in March 1981, I was 24 years old. I started my first Contracting company ...