The Brighthouse Electric

Reviews for The Brighthouse Electric

Rupert Clark in Vancouver
Rupert Clark in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Electrical upgrading of an old house to meet modern code.

I worked alongside Albin for an entire month while he was rewiring our house. He was a very hard worker, very knowledgeable and ingenious at threading wires up inside walls and across ceilings with minimum damage to the plasterwork.
It was a pleasure to work with him, and he taught me a lot about wiring. I have recommended him to several of my neighbours, and I will certainly engage him again in future.

Hello Rupert, Thank you for the glowing review, I really appreciate it, cheers, Albin

Allan  in Vancouver
Allan in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Upgrade of electrical for west side home

Used Brighthouse Electric to upgrade household electrical that was deemed to be "high risk" by PowerCheck Electrical Safety Services to a "medium risk" status. Brighthouse provided a detailed cost estimate that mirrored the required upgrades noted by Powercheck with a comprehensive on-site audit of all electrical upgrades required. Estimate was received a day after on-site visit and Brighthouse answered all follow-up questions promptly and clearly.
In addition, a number of small to medium problems were identified and explained clearly along with an additional costing by item. Work was done thoroughly and professionally with limited interruption to day to day household activity. Simply stated, Brighthouse is the best you'll ever see for all your household electrical needs !!

Hello Allan, Thanks for taking the time to write a review, I really appreciate it, Albin

Older Home Electrical Renovation

We purchased a home that is 90 years old in Vancouver with multiple renovations. The electrical system was a mess with defunct and rogue wiring below code. Albin removed all of the rogue wiring, installed a new 220 amp service, installed new wiring and alarms to achieve full compliance with code and did the whole job in a detailed, professional and fastidious manner. Overall, we were very pleased.

Hello Gavin,
Thank you very much for the glowing review. By the way, you have a 200 Amp Service, @ 120 / 240 volts, is the correct term, cheers, Albin

sgraham in Vancouver
sgraham in Vancouver

Knob and Tube rewire

We bought an older place with some percentage of K&T wiring. We didn't know exactly how much, or the condition of any of the wiring. Last fall I decide to get it updated for peace of mind. After getting quotes and talking to three electricians, I decided to go with Al. He did an good job of scoping and explaining the work to be done, and offering alternatives where there were options.

A lot of the work in a rewiring didn't seem to be strictly "electrical" but rather figuring out how to get a path from point A to point B without tearing down every wall, and I think Al's experience was very valuable here.

We did a panel replacement, rewiring about 40% of the house, as well as a few other smaller things. Overall, the job was done well, under the estimated price, and was completed in a timely fashion, so I would not hesitate to recommend Al to a friend. I will definitely be calling Al if I need any electrical work done in the future.

Hello Scott,
Thank you very much for the great review, I really appreciate it, Al

Ira Heidemann from Vancouver
Ira Heidemann from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

House renovation and completely new electrical system/panel etc

The Brighthouse Electric company did a very professional, high standard job in taking down the old electric system of the home and installing a completely new up to standard electric system during a complete renovation of old home. I received very good advice, customer service and I know my home is as safe as electrically can be. I can highly recommend the company!

Hello Ira,
Thank you for the great review, I appreciate it, Al

Julie from Vancouver
Julie from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Ground; Light installation; knob and tube examination;

Al was the third company I contacted to conduct upgrades to our house in order to reduce our insurance premiums. Al did a thorough review of our issues before we hired him to complete the work. He effectively communicated what needed to be done and the likelihood of finding knob and tube in our old house. While the work did cost more than originally planned, there were good reasons for the extra cost and Al was able to let us know ahead so we could make the necessary choices about completing the work. I would hire Brighthouse again.

Hello Julie,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, cheers, Al

Erika from Vancouver
Erika from Vancouver

Electrical

Al went above and beyond to complete electrical work at my newly purchased home. Al was very helpful and efficient given a short timeline. Additionally, he is very knowledgable regarding older homes. I would confidently recommend Brighthouse Electric to all of my friends and family. Al, I am so grateful for your work, thank you very much.

Hello Erika,
Thank you for the wonderful review, I appreciate it, cheers, Al

Wendy Beamish from Vancouver
Wendy Beamish from Vancouver

Lighting and Smoke Detectors Installatiion

Al's work was safely done, and his craftsmanship was outstanding. He came to my house exactly when he said he would, and the job was completed in a timely fashion.

Hello Wendy,
Thank you very much for the review, I really appreciate it, cheers,
Al

Lisa Marshall from Vancouver
Lisa Marshall from Vancouver

Electrical Upgrades

Al has handled a range of electrical issues for us and we have been very pleased with his work and expertise every time. In an old house with many extensions and years of renovations, we’ve had several complex electrical problems -- Al has found solutions each time. To go further, he has often suggested things we hadn’t even considered to improve the situation and to make our home safe.

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, cheers, Al

Birol from Port Moody
Birol from Port Moody
1 review Port Moody, BC

Rewiring older home

I bought our house in July last year. I hired a handy man team of 2 that I met through a relative of mine. Long story short the electrical and the plumbing was not done up to code. I could not place my kitchen cabinets and countertops and finalize the plumbing without getting the electrical done. I had to look for a licenced electrician to upgrade the entire house. The house had an original wiring mixed with other wiring that the previous owners added over the years and on top of that my handy man added additional wiring none of this was up to code except the original wiring.
I went on line and googled “wiring old houses “and that’s how I found Al’s brighthouseelectriccompany.com website I liked that he specialized in rewiring older homes (my house is 57 years old) . I sent him an email and he promptly called me back telling me that he is on a big job and asked me if I can wait for about two weeks. After two weeks he called me and came to do an assessment, he said that he can start the following week.
Al worked on my house for about 3 weeks Monday through Thursday and did an amazing job. He focused first on the kitchen then methodically went through every single plug and switch and made sure they are properly wired, then moved to the attic cleaned up the mess that the handyman left and then moved to the basement.
I am impressed with Al’s work ethic; he is very experienced and methodical. He listens and communicates with the home owner to ensure that at the end the job is done to the homeowner satisfaction. I would highly recommend Al, in fact I am planning to have a secondary suite in the basement and will hire Al to wire it.

Hello Birol,
Thank you for the wonderful review, I really appreciate it, cheers, Albin

More about The Brighthouse Electric

About The Brighthouse Electric Company Ltd. (Albin Wandeler, Owner) I first started the Electrical Trade at 14 1/ 2 years old while our Family was living in Switzerland. I finished my Apprenticeship in Prince George BC, in March 1981, I was 24 years old. I started my first Contracting company ...