Atlantic Coast Movers

1530-6450 Young St. Halifax NS B3L 2A3
HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Halifax  >  Atlantic Coast Movers

Reviews for Atlantic Coast Movers

Andrew G in Toronto

I spent a lot of time looking for a moving company and my final choice fell on Atlantic Coast Movers. There are only positive things to say about them and I can not thank them enough for the help I got from them. I moved from New Brunswick to Ontario and it took them only 5 days to deliver my goods. Their movers were great to watch and admire. Thank you Atlantic Coast Movers!!!

Harry Davis in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

I had recently moved with Atlantic Coast Movers and I promised to take some time and report on the experience I had with using them for my move. I am very happy to say that the service was very good and what you would expect from a moving company. I have moved several times across the country and I have had bad movers and goods arriving damaged and delays with my pickup or delivery and also had good movers but at a very high price. I have to say that I did receive an initial general quote that was very low. I contacted them after that directly by phone and actually the rep informed me that the quote may increase. I filled out an inventory form and got a revised quote. The final cost was even less than the quote. They offered mattress covers for free which was the first time someone offered it at no extra cost as all other companies were selling them. I was very surprised. We moved from Prince Albert, SK and the goods were picked between the days they promised and delivered them in about 4 days. Great service from the very start!

Unhappymover in Halifax
1 review Halifax, NS

In a nutshell: final coast was double the quotation. They did not deliver in the window specified. Rarely replied to email. Over a week of me trying to reach them / randomly receiving calls asking when I'd be in Toronto (I moved from Halifax to Winnipeg). Several items damaged or broken. Listed everything as scratched/damaged at point of departure to avoid liability. Charged extra and were late on both ends due to my place not being reachable by a semi trailer. I communicated all these concerns to them (by email on July 12 2016) and got no reply. Had to pay double my quotation to a company I'd never heard of to someone I'd never met outside an unbranded U-Haul truck before they'd open it so I could even verify the goods were mine. Some nice people, but TERRIBLE management.

Hi Sir/Mam, thank you for sharing this review, but would you be so kind to name youself (by email to [email protected]) as we couldn't identify you by the information provided in your review.
Kind regards,
Atlantic Coast Movers

Pat in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Here are a few facts about my experience with Atlantic Coast Movers:
- delayed pick up of 2 days (had to move out, dissemble and store the furniture at my own expense)
- very friendly and careful movers both at pick up and delivery.
- was applied a 50 dollars discount compensation, whether I accepted it or not ,and was non-negociable once applied.
- was offered early delivery (avoiding redelivery fees) which got cancelled by the time I confirm the address.
- delivery date changed 3 times
- wasn't confirmed the final weight until I asked. Estimation was quite off (1br=1755 lbs...).
- couldn't make a payment with credit card (tried 3 of them...) and had to pay cash
-missed a couple items. Was returned one a couple days later and started a claim for the 2nd.
- did not get compensation for the lost items:
(your relocation was covered under the Basic Liability Coverage at $0.60 per pound of damaged and lost articles. According to the damaged items the total weight should be between 60 and 100 lbs in total. We will take the maximum of 100lbs and therefore the sum of compensation will be $60, but as you are aware there is a deductible of $300 on each claim and if the amount of compensation does not exceed the amount of the deductible, the carrier is entitled to not proceed with any compensations.)

Moving isn't easy and Atlantic Coast Movers did not make it easier.

Pat,
Thank you for taking time sharing this review. We would definitely avoid any delays should that all depended on us. We do consolidates moves and some unforeseens circumstances happen that we can't affect or control especially in peak season and we do apologize for that. The weight information is not being sent automatically, but at customer's request. We usually send the final weight and due balance upon delivery confirmation. When sending you the estimate breakdown we informed you that industry average weight for your type of household is between 1000 - 2000 lbs and this is what your weight came to being 1755 lbs. You are welcome to request a scale ticket if necessary. As for the payment, you have to understand that there is absolutely no intention for us now accepting your payment. That could be some issues from your bank's side or our's. We are still investigating your claim and you are welcome to contact us should you have additional questions. We have a really great team of movers and customer support and are sad to get such a low rating from you.
We are terrible sorry for unpleasant experience you had with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this case, we do extend it with sincerity.

Leslie from Toronto

From start to finish, absolutely fantastic customer service and efficiency. Emerson was our point of contact for the pick up and delivery and made this entire process seamless!
Quick, professional and courteous!

Thank you, Leslie, for using Atlantic Coast Movers services! We appreciate and value our customers and we want to make their moving process as comfortable and easy as possible! Thank you for being one of these happy customers.

Gray Powell in

Moving for me is very important since I do move each year across Canada for work reasons, and I have been dealing with Atlantic for the past 2 Years total 3 moves. Very positive staff and professional, clean trucks covering all the goods with special material, placing them in secure way in the truck, always updating on the states of the truck. Very attentive staff, replying back on my emails was within an hour sometimes few minutes, very stress free company. I really hope with this comment, I could express myself on the best service I got from them, looking forward working with Atlantic next year.

Thank you so much for this positive review, Gray! Atlantic Coast Movers is proud to make every customer a "customer for life".
We'll be more than happy to assist you again!
Best Wishes!

Rendel in Toronto

Very smooth pick up, informative staff handling all the goods so carefully taking care of delicate units, i was really worried about my goods, but when i saw the way of dealing with it i knew that my goods is in good hands, and i was Right i received everything in perfect condition as was packed, i highly recommend Atlantic! Great experience! Thank you Atlantic Coast Movers!

Dear Rendel, we are grateful for your positive review and your highest rating that you gave to us! Our team is happy to know that all your furniture and things arrived safely at the final destination. We hope to hear from you again and thank for your amazing feedback!

James Rayner in Toronto

If you ever relocated in your life, you should be aware how difficult it is. You have to pack all your belongings and prey they shall arrive safely to your new house. That the moving company shall not be a fraud, and will leave you afterwards with your undamaged furniture and some cash in your pocket. Believe me, I know what I’m speaking about, I had some bad experience over the last 5 years, since I had to move 4 times. Well, as for me - I’m happy I found this guys. They managed to surprise me by their friendly attitude and quick labor. I moved from Calgary to Toronto within 8 days, and it was the easiest move I’ve had so far. I certainly recommend this Company to everybody who needs a smooth relocation.

Thank you for writing such a positive review for Atlantic Coast Movers. We highly appreciate your time and hope that you will use our moving service in the future. We are grateful for offering us a detailed description about your move!

Evelyn Harwood in Toronto

Atlantic Coast Movers is by far the best moving company I've ever found. The movers were very quick, professional and really worked as a team, which helped the process go well. They did a terrific job! The quote was more competitive than with other firms and the dealings with corporate were very professional. However, the hard work of the movers brings the success of the move. Thanks guys!

Dear Evelyn, our Team wants to thank you for your amazing review. We understand that to find a good moving team is not an easy task, and not every company you can trust to process your move. For this purpose, Atlantic Coast Movers is here to let you make the best choice according to the budget, period and other moving conditions. We hope that you will use our services for your future needs.

More about Atlantic Coast Movers

Atlantic Coast Movers is Halifax’s top long-distance moving company, specializing in both cross-country and local moves. Whether you’re relocating within the city, across the continent or outside the country, our team of local professionals have more than 27 years of experience supporting homes and businesses just like yours.