Atlantic Coast Movers

Reviews for Atlantic Coast Movers

Phillip in Mississauga
Phillip in Mississauga

From NB to ON just 4 days

If you are doing long distance moving, you can't go with a better moving company than Atlantic Coast Movers! Their customer service was great. I got a job in London Ontario and had to leave urgently. They scheduled my last minute move & fit me into their schedule. They were so incredibly professional and fast! It took them just 4 days to bring my stuff from New Brunswick. It was a joy dealing with them!

Travis in Vancouver
Travis in Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

PEI to BC

I was recommended this company by a friend and just as he was extremely pleased with it, so am I. I am going to recommend this moving team to anyone in need. The movers came in time, handled my items with care and of course, they have provided excellent customer service.

Olivia in North Vancouver
Olivia in North Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

across Canada with Atlantic Coast Movers

I'd like to thank Atlantic Coast Movers for taking good care of my move. Guys were splendid at all times.They even helped me with dropping of some items in Toronto on the way to Ottawa although the move started in Vancouver.Stuff came as it was picked up in absolutely the same condition.Customer service very responsive and movers just great and funny.Thanks again!

Erika Linder in Toronto
Erika Linder in Toronto
1 review Richmond, BC

Great experience with Atlantic

This is the second time I move with Atlantic and They never let us down
outstanding services from agents and movers, very quick and
hardworking movers, in my both times i had different crews and they
were both amazing, very efficient in what they do ,this move was from
Scarborough ON to Vancouver BC.it went very smooth, I got very good
deal on the rates for being repeat customer, total I paid for my 3
bedroom house was $3800,
I thank Atlantic for being honest and efficient in both moves I have
done with them and promise to tell everyone about this amazing
experience

Mark H. in London
Mark H. in London
1 review London, ON

Great Experience!

We moved from Calgary to London, ON and used Atlantic Coast Movers to move. We scheduled to have our stuff get there in 8-14 days, but the truck arrived in just 6 days, which made us waiting for goods just one day that's awesome. We asked them wrapping all fragile pieces and furniture. This all cost us more but we planed for it accordingly and the packing was done beyond our expectations. The consultation went well, the rep was great at answering any of our questions from the start. Movers showed up on time, were very careful and swift with packing our stuff. On the other side they showed up on time as well, unloaded our goods very quickly in each room and put the furniture together perfectly. Great experience! I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Android in SPRINGDALE
Android in SPRINGDALE
1 review St. John'S, NL

RIP OFF ARTIST AT ITS FINEST. PLEASE NEVER USE THIS COMPANY YOU WILL BE SORRY! I KNOW I WAS

view Title

I used this company to Move me & my Business from Hanover, Ontario to Springdale, Nl. Biggest Mistake I have ever made in my entire life, did I forget to say Biggest Mistake Ever. They broke or damaged thousands of dollars of items and when I filed a Complaint and asked for it to be fixed I got the old 123 shuffle and run around. They required more information, then needed to speak to the movers , and so on and so on. Here we are months later and still no resolve andI paid 25,000.00 that's right Twenty Five Thousand Dollars, yet I was quoted 12,000 and fi I did not pay I was not getting my stuff they where holding it ransom. This is only after they had it all packed on their trucks and moved to a secure location and I was enroute to NFLD did I find this out, The damaged my Tv, ripped my Mattress, Broke the corner of a Marble Desk which I might add I paid extra to move due to weight and size. I have 100's of Damaged Items and got nothing from them, and now they will not talk to me.

I have proof and pictures of everything including emails to them and from them pertaining to this look at the way the truck came to my driveway, Items clearly marked Fragile sitting on the bottom of the pile. Glass Broken, Desks with corners broken off and so so much more. I enclose my name and email for any one who would like to contact me and ask more. James Snow 289-924-1630 [email protected]

Dear James,

We would like too thank you for taking time to post this review and we're sorry that we could not fullfill all your moving needs.
We would like to point our certain facts that you've mentioned in your review which are far from the actual truth.
1. We never avoided your claim and we explained you in our last email, which we never got a reply from you, that your claim request was declined due to the fact that you've submitted it long after the delivery day which according to our policy, all claims must be submitted within 7 days from the delivery day in order to be taken in consideration which was not in your case.
2. Your move with us did not cost you $24000 as your total bill was for less than $18000 and for this matter proofs can be provided.
3. The move was from the very beginning not perfect due to the fact that you did not provide us with a proper list of items to be moved which initially was approximated to up to 15000 lbs and in the event, when we came for the pickup movers found out that there's more than double of items than we initially thought, therefore the weight came up to be that big and we even had to do the loading 2 days with different trucks.

Andrew G in Toronto
Andrew G in Toronto

NB to ON with Atlantic

I spent a lot of time looking for a moving company and my final choice fell on Atlantic Coast Movers. There are only positive things to say about them and I can not thank them enough for the help I got from them. I moved from New Brunswick to Ontario and it took them only 5 days to deliver my goods. Their movers were great to watch and admire. Thank you Atlantic Coast Movers!!!

Harry Davis in Oshawa
Harry Davis in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Perfect from start till the end!

I had recently moved with Atlantic Coast Movers and I promised to take some time and report on the experience I had with using them for my move. I am very happy to say that the service was very good and what you would expect from a moving company. I have moved several times across the country and I have had bad movers and goods arriving damaged and delays with my pickup or delivery and also had good movers but at a very high price. I have to say that I did receive an initial general quote that was very low. I contacted them after that directly by phone and actually the rep informed me that the quote may increase. I filled out an inventory form and got a revised quote. The final cost was even less than the quote. They offered mattress covers for free which was the first time someone offered it at no extra cost as all other companies were selling them. I was very surprised. We moved from Prince Albert, SK and the goods were picked between the days they promised and delivered them in about 4 days. Great service from the very start!

Unhappymover in Halifax
Unhappymover in Halifax
1 review Halifax, NS

Very unpredictable and you don't really know who you are hiring

In a nutshell: final coast was double the quotation. They did not deliver in the window specified. Rarely replied to email. Over a week of me trying to reach them / randomly receiving calls asking when I'd be in Toronto (I moved from Halifax to Winnipeg). Several items damaged or broken. Listed everything as scratched/damaged at point of departure to avoid liability. Charged extra and were late on both ends due to my place not being reachable by a semi trailer. I communicated all these concerns to them (by email on July 12 2016) and got no reply. Had to pay double my quotation to a company I'd never heard of to someone I'd never met outside an unbranded U-Haul truck before they'd open it so I could even verify the goods were mine. Some nice people, but TERRIBLE management.

Hi Sir/Mam, thank you for sharing this review, but would you be so kind to name youself (by email to [email protected]) as we couldn't identify you by the information provided in your review.
Kind regards,
Atlantic Coast Movers

Pat in Kitchener
Pat in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Gret staff but terrible management.

Here are a few facts about my experience with Atlantic Coast Movers:
- delayed pick up of 2 days (had to move out, dissemble and store the furniture at my own expense)
- very friendly and careful movers both at pick up and delivery.
- was applied a 50 dollars discount compensation, whether I accepted it or not ,and was non-negociable once applied.
- was offered early delivery (avoiding redelivery fees) which got cancelled by the time I confirm the address.
- delivery date changed 3 times
- wasn't confirmed the final weight until I asked. Estimation was quite off (1br=1755 lbs...).
- couldn't make a payment with credit card (tried 3 of them...) and had to pay cash
-missed a couple items. Was returned one a couple days later and started a claim for the 2nd.
- did not get compensation for the lost items:
(your relocation was covered under the Basic Liability Coverage at $0.60 per pound of damaged and lost articles. According to the damaged items the total weight should be between 60 and 100 lbs in total. We will take the maximum of 100lbs and therefore the sum of compensation will be $60, but as you are aware there is a deductible of $300 on each claim and if the amount of compensation does not exceed the amount of the deductible, the carrier is entitled to not proceed with any compensations.)

Moving isn't easy and Atlantic Coast Movers did not make it easier.

Pat,
Thank you for taking time sharing this review. We would definitely avoid any delays should that all depended on us. We do consolidates moves and some unforeseens circumstances happen that we can't affect or control especially in peak season and we do apologize for that. The weight information is not being sent automatically, but at customer's request. We usually send the final weight and due balance upon delivery confirmation. When sending you the estimate breakdown we informed you that industry average weight for your type of household is between 1000 - 2000 lbs and this is what your weight came to being 1755 lbs. You are welcome to request a scale ticket if necessary. As for the payment, you have to understand that there is absolutely no intention for us now accepting your payment. That could be some issues from your bank's side or our's. We are still investigating your claim and you are welcome to contact us should you have additional questions. We have a really great team of movers and customer support and are sad to get such a low rating from you.
We are terrible sorry for unpleasant experience you had with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this case, we do extend it with sincerity.

More about Atlantic Coast Movers

Atlantic Coast Movers is Halifax’s top long-distance moving company, specializing in both cross-country and local moves. Whether you’re relocating within the city, across the continent or outside the country, our team of local professionals have more than 27 years of experience supporting homes and businesses just like yours.