General Contractors
2B Midburn Ave Toronto ON M4C 2C9
General Contractors

Reviews for GT Shand Contracting

Excuses, excuses and incomplete job

ALWAYS making excuses and what was thought to be a week's worth of work, became 3 months. Half a day here and half a day there. He didn't fix the walls on the balcony properly and I feel like the wind will blow them away any minute now which is a huge liability. He won't return my calls. Horrible experience...I do not recommend him. His name is Trevor.

big mike in Toronto
big mike in Toronto

Shingle and back flat roof

Best prices in the city and some of his workers, especially his head guy ( I think Jay) has to be one of the best, from what my nosiness saw.

Fencing and decking

After waiting for two weeks to begin the project Trevors men showed up for half a day, then a week later for another half a day ,
with excuses why they could only work for such a short time. Having done only a small portion of the work, They have now just disappeared. He does not even return phone calls . I have to find another contractor in full season , so will have lost a lot of time ,along with my deposit . A very disappointing experience.

Roof Job

Trevor was recommended to us by a friend. However I don't recommend him to anybody..!
They promised to finish work in a week, but dragged the job for more than 2 weeks, which probably inconvenienced our neighbours as well. The job was finally done at the end of two weeks but touch ups not finished. The mistake my husband did was to pay him the entire amount and more which he claimed was expenses incurred.
This left us with a pipe hanging which was rubbing on the eaves trough when the wind was blowing. Called him a few times, gave various excuses..! After about a week my husband was so frustrated and I took over. He finally showed up and just did the pipe only leaving other reap airs undone, which was in the original contract.
My feeling from this is that he needs constant supervision and not able to meet expectations.
However the icing on the cake was when about 10 shingles from the roof came off within 1 month. This time I called him. After about a week he showed up went up the roof, said everything is ok, took the fallen shingles and left..!
We are thinking of getting another person to have a look at the top of the roof as we can't see it ourselves.
Don't recommend to anybody..! Very unreliable and his crew is rude.

Johnny from Toronto
Johnny from Toronto

General Contracting

Trevor gave my family expert advice on fixing our water damage problem. He had seen the same issues before, and was able to provide a quick solution that was a lot cheaper than other quotes we received on Homestars. Highly recommended!

Marilyn from North York
Marilyn from North York

Driveway Repair

416-686-6116
2B Midburn Ave
Toronto
M4C 2C9

We also hired Trevor Shand based on previous work he had done at out home (since we had forgotten that initially with that job we had made "stop payment" on the first cheque we gave him when he failed to show up to do the work). This time we were foolish enough to give him half the amount up front, with an agreement that the rest would be paid upon completion of the job. There were several days of promises, none of them fulfilled, and continued false promises on his part as to when somebody would come to do the work. (When 2 workmen showed up one day for about an hour, they in fact did more damage and necessitated further more expensive repairs to be done.) They never returned, nor did Trevor. He has now been served with our claim in Small Claims Court (requiring extra expenditures on our part). In the process we found that the license quoted on his business card expired a couple of years ago. I certainly understood the last review posted on Homestars in May. Unfortunately I didn't read it before going ahead with a verbal contract and giving him a deposit of $800 on work that was never done.

joan Zee from Old Toronto
joan Zee from Old Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Home Reno

Unfortunately I trusted this contractor (based on previous work done) and entered into a verbal contract to complete an interior home reno on budget and on time. He did neither. In fact, excuses were made when days would pass and no one would show up at all, despite our set deadline. Admittedly, there was one major unforeseen setback, however, they abused the additional time I gave them to figure out the problem. They tended to focus on small details they believe will make the customer happy, as a distraction from larger more important issues/tasks requiring their immediate attention. The contractor constantly made promises he couldn't keep or remember. I was surprised to know that they purchased a major item without measuring the space to ensure a good fit - turns out the item does not fit. They are not designers, so if you hire them be aware that they will end up putting things wherever they can, instead of where they actually make sense. They require a lot of complaining from their client before they are motivated to do the job they were paid to do. Once again, they measure nothing, so they tend to make mistakes and have to correct them afterwards, wasting time and materials. The contractor even revealed that he does not enjoy this work, right in the middle of the job! It's clear to me and my family that they are more interested in building personal relationships with their customers than building cabinets. That said, they are a very charismatic group, but their blatant disregard for their client's time and money as well as their lack of professionalism and poor work ethic far outweigh their charm.

Andrew Lister in Toronto
Andrew Lister in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

Home renovation

We live in an old house, every step of the project was well thought out, options given and executed well. We had a few issues because of the age of the house but cannot be more pleased with the results.

Rick in East York
Rick in East York
3 reviews East York, ON

New Roof, eaves, window caps, concrete work

All I have to say is Outstanding. Trevor and his crew did top notch work at very reasonable prices. Trevor went the extra mile doing more than required and making sure I was satisfied every step of the way. When the time comes for more work Trevor will be the first call.

Looking for General Contractors pros in Toronto?