Gord's Appliance

Appliance Repair
2 Spring View SW Calgary AB T3H 3S7
HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Calgary  >  Gord's Appliance

Reviews for Gord's Appliance

Self cleaning not working. Error # changed hinges & seal cost $600. Oven still not working .suggested to replace the electric panel for an other $700. We did not trust them. It turn out the only things they had to do is resetting the button on the back of the oven.

David from Calgary

I am happy with the service provided. Gord was quick to respond and had my refrigerator working within hours of calling. From when he got to the house and left after the repair was about 15 minutes. He came prepared having an idea of what he may be up against.

Thanks Gord,

Working Mom in Calgary

Called Gord's Appliance based on all the great reviews Gord got. However they also have other technicians. Was getting a door lock error on my Kenmore Elite. Got a young kid who barely spent anytime, just quickly replaced the locking mechanism, charged $400 and left. The problem quickly returned, only a week later. I was able to temporarily fix it by unplugging the machine (thanks to a Google search) but the problem returned again less than 2 months later. Called Gord's again, and they agreed, after checking with a manager and the technician to come back and replace the part again but I would still have to pay for the service call and labour (they only were going to warranty the part). An easy Google search showed that the door lock problem is usually caused by a wiring issue to the CCU due to washer vibration. My husband followed the easy directions to access the CCU, disconnected and reconnected the wires, and boom, the machine works again. The technician didn't even take a look at the CCU when he replaced the door locking mechanism - just reused the wires that were there. What a waste of $400!

Brendon Bedeau from Calgary

I had an issue with my washer. I called Trail and their tech came over and he barely looked at my washer and quoted me roughly $500 is replacement parts. I didn't feel comfortable with the quote and called Gord. Gord came over and opened up my washer, actually looked inside and found a loose wire. He tightened the wire, and I've had no problems. Great person to deal with and he's honest with work.

Jim Burgess from Calgary

My washer manual said I needed a new water level sensor. Gord came the next day and replaced it. Unfortunately the problem was the hot water valve. Gord came the next day and replace that. He charged nothing for the return service. Washer works and I was left impressed as most services would charge for the second visit.Would highly recommend Gord's Appliance.

More about Gord's Appliance

Gord Haines, owner of Gord’s Appliances, was one of those kids that always seemed to be tinkering with machines and motors. He was forever taking things apart and putting them back together trying to figure out how they worked. The fact that he became a journeyman appliance technician is no ...