The Demo Guys

Reviews for The Demo Guys

Alex
Alex

Unprofessional company beware!

Unprofessional experience, very unorganized. Didn’t show up, complete as scheduled or flinish job on time as quoted. Always asking for money. Had to finish job myself with 4 extra guys 3 extra days. This company and Mike Appelt is a walking law suit and schemer with poor business ethics so buyer beware! He has reputation for being chased for not paying his employees and bin suppliers.
My bad for giving them the opportunity to prove themselves as have lots of constant demo work as a 36 year licensed General Contractor in Toronto
At least I gave them just a deposit vs paying full amount as it has cost me a lot more to complete their contract.

We did a superb job you were the unprofessional one cussing and calling us down as soon as we arrived your racism was not tolerated

BUYER BEWARE

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE A DEPOSIT UP FRONT!! 2 DAYS LATE SHOWING UP! EXCUSES EVERY DAY AND THEY WILL NOT GIVE A REFUND OF THE DEPOSIT! BUYERS MUST BE CAREFUL OF THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Took large deposit - no show/no refund

DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY AND CHECK WITH THE HAMILTON/HALTON POLICE - Mike has a number of cases of defrauding people on his file. I found them on Kijiji and he was very quick to respond and ask for a deposit. They took a large deposit for a renovation project, and did not show up for 2 days. After multiple attempts to clarify things with Mike and asking for receipts for materials he claimed to have bought with my deposit, he offered to return my deposit and claimed I was, "wasting his time". He used the same excuses others have pointed out - "daughter is sick", "crew not available to work" and even, "my mom is a judge". It has been over two months and I have still not received a refund for my deposit that Mike agreed to return.

sam
sam

Interior demolition

I was stuck with the interior demolition when another demolition guy walked off the job as he could not get the main-storey-ceiling-top-storey-floor framing out. He was cheaper than the demo guys of course. Got in touch with Mike on the phone/email, sent him pictures and got a quote. Work went well although it was delayed by couple of days beyond the couple quoted, however, in reno this is expected. The additional work of boarding windows was not initially negotiated and I feel it cost me more than if it were put in place at the time. That is the only reason why I took a point off. I will say the team knows what they are doing and do it well. Expect delays. Thanks Mike and Trevor.

Hey Sam
thanks for the work im sorry you feel cheated on the Windows being removed and replaced but im happy that your satisfied with the job thanks again Sam and all the best on your renovation

steve & Gail in Oakville
steve & Gail in Oakville

Full House Demolition

After buying a house in Oakville Ontario we decided on a company to hire for the demolition after several meetings and many quotes we went with Mike and the Demo Guys although they were over there time line they were very professional and got the Job done I would highly recommend Mike Matt and The rest of the team thanks again guys
Steve & Gail

Thanks Both of you for the kind words hope all goes well with your reno

Mrs Walsh in Hamilton
Mrs Walsh in Hamilton

Interior Demolition

Mike and his team were great to work with he gave me a qulte by phone and email and to my surprise did not change anything like the others he pointed out i had a mols issue but clearly stated i could call someone else to have them test it and i did and Mike was right i would recommend him and his company any day Thanks Mike hope your kids liked the cookies

Thank you Mrs. Walsh for your nice review and we appreciated the cookies!

Sue and Dave Hodgson in Toronto
Sue and Dave Hodgson in Toronto

Complete Gut Demolition of a large waterfront penthouse

We found The Demo Guys on the internet. Our inquiry was answered rapidly and we arranged for a quote. The team was able to start our job exactly when we wanted. Communication with the boss Mike was excellent. When I was not in the unit, he would send me pictures of progress every few hours. Messaging back and forth was easy to be sure we were on the same page. The interaction with our front desk was excellent, and because of Mike's personable approach, the concierge went out of his way to make things like elevator access easy. When a leak was seen from the balcony, and mould was uncovered in a bedroom corner, I was contacted right away with pictures I could provide the property manager to get repairs underway. We received five star service. The clean up was excellent. I would totally recommend The Demo Guys because condo demolition is highly challenging and they made it really straightforward. Thank you Mike, Mathew, and the team for a job well done.

Dave and Sue you were a pleasure to work for widhing you all the best for the new year

More about The Demo Guys

THE DEMO GUYS Your Interior Demolition Solution If you're thinking about doing some renovations don't hesitate to contact us today-->The Demo Guys. We have the manpower to help with your renovation. The Demo Guys your Interior Demolition Specialists www. thedemoguysham. com Call For Your Free Quote Today 905-525-6775
Looking for Demolition pros in Hamilton?