Buildstrong Masonry

Best of 2021 winnerBest of 2021winner

Reviews for Buildstrong Masonry

cferg.
cferg.

Tuckpointing of stone foundation wall

If you are looking to have some masonry work done and are scouring a list of companies, stop at “B” and contact Buildstrong Masonry. In this day and age when it seems the only thing left in customer service is the customer, this company is different. They have old fashioned values and exemplify everything you are looking for in a company…..quick response time, professional and friendly, very detailed in describing the scope of the work, are happy to answer questions, and are fair and competitive with their pricing.

I originally found Buildstrong Maonry while searching the Better Business Bureau website (they have a BB Rating of A+ so already a point in their favour). I live in an older home and I was looking to have either tuckpointing or parging done on the stone foundation wall on the side of my house. I sent pictures via email to Rene and he replied promptly to discuss the work. He recommended against parging the wall so as to not cover up the beautiful stones, and instead recommended just replacing the mortar i.e. tuckpointing. I was so happy to hear that parging was not necessary as I have always wanted to keep the look of the home as close to original as possible. He also provided options on how I could enhance the look of the stone wall. Once the scope of the work was determined, I received a very detailed quote shortly thereafter.

Everything was pretty much done via email which, given my baby boomer status, was a little unconventional for me, but definitely efficient and convenient.

The work was completed by Mike, who was very professional, kind, thorough and efficient, and clearly enjoyed what he did and took pride in his work. The site was also left very clean after the work was completed. I would definitely use Buildstrong again and would not hesitate to recommend them to family and friends.

Wow, what kind words! Thank you so much for the review and it has been our pleasure working with you and enhancing your foundation! I'm glad that you appreciated the effort we put into making the process as smooth and detailed as possible. That means a lot to us and I'm glad that your project went smooth and your wall is good to go now!

Matt
Matt

Exterior Brick Repair

Buildstrong Masonry did an excellent job repairing cracked brick on the exterior of my home. They were courteous and professional and did excellent work for a lower cost than I was quoted by other companies.

Thanks a lot, Matt! It was a bit more work than anticipated, but it needed to be done properly and now you've got the peace of mind that those bricks aren't going anywhere anytime soon!

Elaine in Toronto
Elaine in Toronto

Parging and flagstone repair

Rene and his team did a great job last year repairing the parging and flagstone on my house. They were very reasonable, professional and Rene was very good at keeping in touch as to when they could do the job.
I contacted Rene this spring when I noticed there were hairline cracks in the mortar around the flagstone they had repaired. After sending him some pictures, he was quick to reply that they had in fact used the wrong mortar and that he would repair the job with a better material at no cost. The crew came and basically had to redo the entire landing. It was quite the job. We are very happy with the work and would recommend them..in fact I already have.
I was quite impressed at how Rene stood by his commitment to quality and service. Would definitely use them again.

Thank you, Elaine! We honour our warranties and are not afraid to admit a mistake and return to fix it better than before! This review means a lot to us, so thank you very much for your patience and your kind words!

Porch step resurfacing, brick repair, parging, paver replacement, cap reinstallment

Our 20-year-old porch/brick/pavers were in need of a makeover, and Buildstrong Masonry provided just that. René and his team were punctual, upfront, professional, time-efficient and most importantly receptive to feedback. They really made sure that we were satisfied with the final product before sending the final invoice.

Overall, it was a stress-free and pleasant experience, and I would definitely Buildstrong Masonry to everyone.

Thank you so much for the review! This project had a lot of moving parts but it all came together nicely and went very smooth. It was our pleasure!

TorontoHomeOwner in Ottawa
TorontoHomeOwner in Ottawa

Chimney repair and additional brick work

Our house is 120 years old and we hired Buildstrong to repair our crumbling old chimney and to replace a number of bricks that had fallen from the top of our house along the front and side. They suggested capping the chimney since it was no longer in use which was most more cost effective, and they replaced all of the missing bricks. They did a great job trying to use bricks that would match our very old brickwork by. The team was excellent and alway left the job site very clean and organized each both, which was much appreciated by us and our neighbours who share the pathway between our homes. They were always very responsive and even came back after the job was finished to make a small adjustment that we requested. I would absolutely recommend this company to anyone needing masonry work. Thanks Buildstrong!

Hi there, thanks for the kind words! We're happy to help upgrade your home and it's our pleasure to make sure you're satisfied, so much appreciated for the feedback!

Melanie from Toronto
Melanie from Toronto

Tuck pointing and basement foundation repair

JL and his crew replaced the bricks and mortar in front of the house and the crumbling bricks in the foundation. They also repaired some cement around the floor drains. The work is pretty. The place is clean and they came when they said they would. Couldn’t ask for more.

Hey Melanie, thanks for the kind words!
I'm really glad we were able to help with the foundation work inside that was added onto the original scope of work. It looks great and is sealed up nicely!

Guillermo
Guillermo

Brick / Masonry Work

Rene and his team at Buildstrong Masonry were wonderful to work with. They were very accommodating and professional. It was refreshing to see work get done in a very quick and efficient manner yet keeping great attention to detail. Highly recommend.

Hi Guillermo, thanks for the kind words! I'm glad it all went smoothly and that you're happy with us as well as the upgrades we did to your home!

Shahid
Shahid

Rebuilding Front-Porch Brick Pier

Build Strong Masonry were great from the "get-go". We needed an existing brick pier rebuilt which was no longer properly supporting the porch columns. They assessed the project with a very competitive price and stayed in constant communication with me about establishing a start date - which was weather dependent. The team was very conscientious and maintained a clean work site and completed the job on time. Site related issues were worked out in a amicable and professional manner. The handiwork was good and I would be happy to recommend their services to anyone.

We really appreciate it! We do our best to keep the communication strong until the project is complete and I'm glad everything worked out.
The new pillar looks great and we look forward to helping you with any future projects you may have!

Jarek
Jarek

Brick replacement and mortar touch-ups

Buildstrong replaced about 50 bricks that were cracking and crumbling away in the corner of our hundred-year-old house and filled in some crumbled-away mortar around the house. Brick replacement included replacing a dryer vent duct. They also had no problems with my perhaps unusual request to remove an old pipe that had been punched through a basement wall and patch the hole.

The work dates shifted around a bit due to being early in the season around late April-early May when it was chilly and rainy, but suitable weather is a must for brickwork and the communication was good, so I have no problems with this.

The new work looks really solid and the work area was cleaned really well afterwards inside and out. Thank you!

Hi Jarek! Thanks so much for the kind words! I appreciate your patience with the scheduling for sure. It's definitely worth it to delay the work in favour of a better day.
I'm glad it all went smoothly and it was our pleasure upgrading your home!

SPECIAL
SPECIAL

Brick and Tuck Pointing Repair

Buildstrong provided excellent service in replacing old bricks and tuck pointing my 90 year old house. I would not hesitate to recommend them. I am certain I will use their services again the future.

Thanks so much! We're proud to have upgraded your home and we're ready for your next project!

More about Buildstrong Masonry

Providing top quality, sound brick work on residential homes in Toronto.
Over ten years of tuckpointing and brick replacement experience. Mortar colour and style matching, insightful free estimates, determined to not stop till you're satisfied.

Parging, brick replacement, tuckpointing & stone work.