Vel Windows And Glass Ltd.

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
#4 – 4460 75th Ave. SE Calgary AB
Mirrors & Glass
Vel Windows And Glass Ltd.

Reviews for Vel Windows And Glass Ltd.

Rancho R.
Rancho R.

Window replacement

We needed a glass replacement on a commercial office building. Work was completed in a timely fashion, job site was clean & met all safety requirements. Staff are very professional.

Thank you so much for your kind words! We know a customer's time is valuable and don't believe they should have to clean up after their trades on job sites. We take the safety of our staff and our clients very seriously and appreciate the hard work our staff put in to each and every job :) ~Kim

Brendan Harrison from Calgary
Brendan Harrison from Calgary

60s Bungalow Basement Window

As part of a renovation of a 1960s bungalow, I wanted to update the windows in a basement bedroom to ensure it was up to code. When the window company that was replacing the rest of my windows in the house told me they didn't do egress windows, I asked my network if there was anyone they would recommend. The name VEL kept coming up. After calling VEL, an installer came out and measured our opening and gave us all of the info we needed for getting our plans drawn up and permits in order. When they came out to cut the concrete and install the window, they were quick, professional and easy to deal with.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful words! We are so happy were were able to help with your basement window! We love to hear our name being recommended and love it even more when we can make the renovation easier for homeowners! ~Kim

Matt in Calgary
Matt in Calgary

New Windows

The whole experience with VEL Windows was excellent. So far I have used them twice and I plan on calling them again for my future window needs. First project was enlarging and replacing my basement windows to meet egress requirements. The whole process from the quote, window well digging, concrete cutting and window installation was taken care of and all for a reasonable price. Other companies request that you dig your own window wells or hire your own concrete cutters and that greatly increases the price and complexity of using other contractors even though their "window installation" quote may be cheaper. VEL windows really took care of everything. They even matched the concrete filler they used to my 60 yr old foundation. Not to mention they did this work in the middle of winter.
Second project was replacing 2 main floor windows as well as repairing a large, 5 section, bay window that were all prone to condensation and frost. At first, we were prepared to have to replace the whole bay window but VEL windows took a good look at it and only replaced 2 sections that were in dire need and just replaced seals and silicone on the others saving us thousands of dollars. I really appreciated the honesty and not being taken advantage of as they easily could have just unnecessarily replaced the whole thing. They were also extremely flexible when I had to last minute change the install dates.
Save yourself the time and at least call them to get a quote for your next project. I know you will be impressed by there professionalism and knowledge and I am sure you won't be disappointed by their work when you select them. Thanks Kim, Randy and everyone at VEL!

Thank you so much for your very kind words! We love it when customers' come back to us for work more than once and there is no better compliment we can receive! I'm so glad we were able to save you some money with the bay window and I'm very happy it all worked out well with the sealed units and the new windows (and the basement window!). We appreciate your business and the lovely review :) ~Kim

dev
dev

Custom shower

Exceptional customer service. Installed a great product. Wouldn’t t use anyone else for the next project, which is coming up,shortly.

Thank you so much for your kind words! We believe good customer service is the backbone for any business and customer's deserve to get great service! We look forward to working with you again on your next shower :) ~Kim

Reuben in Calgary
Reuben in Calgary

Basement Windows & Shower Glass

My wife and I had a very good experience with VEL Windows & Glass. We had a custom-made shower stall glass and door installed first and things went smooth from quote, to installation.

A month later, we called upon Kim and her team at VEL to enlarge 3 basement windows and add 1 brand new window. The quote was reasonable and Kim worked with us to make sure the job was doable within our budget. We found the customer service to be excellent with prompt replies via email and telephone. The work was scheduled as promised and the installation was on time, done with minimal mesh, and quick. Kim worked with us to line up the Alberta OneCall and the City of Calgary inspection (we obtained the permits ourselves). The guys even accommodated some small last minute changes on our part. The only minor change on VEL's part was that a flat pine casing was not available as quoted but they were willing to upgrade us to an oak non-flat casing or a flat MDF casing.

All in all it was a really good hassel-free experience and we would use VEL for future window and glass work if their prices remain competitive. Thanks so much team VEL!

Thank you so much for your very kind words! We always treat our customer's how we like to be treated and we believe companies should work with their clients to achieve their vision for their home. We know your time is valuable so we strive to make things as easy as possible! Thank you so much for trusting us with your shower and your basement windows - we hope you enjoy both for many years to come! ~Kim

Linda Lenhard in Calgary
Linda Lenhard in Calgary

Basement window enlargement

From first contact with VEL the customer service and follow-up were impeccable. On the days scheduled for the work, the tradespeople were prompt, personable, and efficient. And cleaned up the work site after their work. I am very happy with the product (window), workmanship, And professional attitude of their tradespeople.

Thank you so much for you kind words! We know how important it is to receive good customer service and we believe it's the cornerstone to every business! We are so happy to hear how much you love your new basement window and we are very happy we could help! ~Kim

Esther in Calgary
Esther in Calgary

Bathroom reno

I was obsessed with black grid window showers and wanted them for my new basement bathroom, but I couldn't find a ready made product available at a reasonable cost in Calgary. So I started emailing shower door companies in Calgary showing off pictures of what I wanted to see if anyone could custom make the door for me. Most places either got back to me saying that they couldn't do it, or didn't get back to me at all with an answer. Kim was very responsive from the start and after checking with her tech guys, she said they would be able to build what I wanted. The price was very reasonable in my opinion for something custom made and it turned out exactly like I wanted! I am very pleased and would not hesitate to recommend VEL Windows and Glass. Thank you so much to Kim and her team! :)

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We know clients often have a vision of what they would like their newly renovated bathroom to look like and we always strive our best to make that vision come to light - even if it's new and takes a bit more planning. We are thrilled you love your shower and the finished bathroom together looks fantastic! ~Kim

brad in calgary
brad in calgary

free standing shower glass

I would like thank VEL windows and glass for the outstanding service I received in our recent bathroom renovation project. Kim (office Mgr.) is extremely customer focused and a pleasure to work with. Aaron did an oustanding installation job and should be commended for his his high quality craftmanship. This project was delivered on schedule and at an extremely reasonable price. Great job and I will recommend to others.

Many thanks

Brad

Thank you so much for you very kind words! We believe good customer service is the backbone for any customer and attention to detail to critical when it comes to showers and glass. It was a pleasure working with you! We hope you enjoy your new bathroom!! ~Kim

hshenton in Calgary
hshenton in Calgary
1 review Langdon, AB

Replacement window

Awesome service. From initial contact to final installation, everything was handled professionally. The installation crew showed when promised, they completed the work quickly and left no mess. Would highly recommend VEL’s. Job well done!!!

Thank you so much for your kind words! We believe customer service is a top priority and work hard to earn a customer's trust. We hope you enjoy your new window! ~Kim

Steven in Halifax
Steven in Halifax

Basement Window Enlargement

From Randy doing the estimate, Kim managing the work and ordering to Aaron with the install...Amazing. all work was done in time and completely met my satisfaction. By far the best contractor I've worked with so far with our renovation. Highly recommended and already have family members lining up for their egress windows. Thank you VEL

Thank you so very much for your incredibly kind words! We know that renovations can be a lot of work and we always strive to make the process easier in any way we can. I hope you enjoy your new windows in your newly renovated basement :) ~Kim

More about Vel Windows And Glass Ltd.

Calgary's best basement window service!

Our team of highly trained professionals can enlarge or create new egress basement windows.
From basic packages for those on a budget -- to interior finish with all city permits -- we can customize any package to suit your needs.

We also specialize in custom shower doors. Add sophistication and elegance to any bathroom with a new shower. All orders are custom made to suit your style and budget.

Looking at replacing your windows or sealed units? Look no further. We can measure, removed and replace your windows or sealed units at competitive prices.

We also offer various commercial services. Please contract us for more information.

Owner Randy Johnston has been a certified, red seal Glazier since 2002. He has worked on hundreds of basement windows, showers and window and sealed unit replacements. Some of his previous commercial work includes work at the Alberta Children's Hospital, The Bay in Downtown Calgary, Chinook Mall and various other commercial locations.