Wilcorp

HomeStars  >  Lighting in Toronto  >  Wilcorp  >  Adding a Ceiling Fan
Chris from Toronto
Chris from Toronto

Adding a Ceiling Fan

We decided to buy a ceiling fan for the master bedroom of our home. Wilcorp stocks all the major manufacturers and some research on the Internet indicated that their prices were competitive. The purchase of our new ceiling fan made by Monte Carlo was easy enough, although many of the items displayed at Wilcorp have to be ordered in - so don't expect your first choice to be stocked if you plan on leaving with a fan on your first visit.

The problem arose during installation: the Monte Carlo company packaged the wrong wiring components and after several hours with the instructions, we called Wilcorp's installation guy - Peter.

Peter was very nice and extremely helpful. He identified that the wrong components were sold to us, and went as far as contacting the manufacturer to figure out what we needed. He then coordinated to have the piece shipped to me overnight so I could complete the install.

I had to pay Peter $85 on top of the purchase price of the fan to sort out a mistake made by the retailer or manufacturer. Ultimately, we received no apology, explanation nor reimbursement for this error and was given the impression that I could only take up my dissatisfaction with the manufacturer, but that nothing would come of it. Hence 4 on 10 for this retailer for failing to stand behind their customers when mistakes are made.