New Look Landscapes

Calgary AB

Reviews for New Look Landscapes

Tatyana
Tatyana

Walkways, garden beds, retaining wall and plants

Ryan and his team did an incredible job in the design, quality and execution of our project. They are great, professional, responsive and friendly people. We are very happy with the result. Our neighbors are constantly complimenting our landscaping.
Thank you Ryan and team!
We highly recommend New Look Landscapes!

lennoxmaryjane@gmail.com
L. E.

Backyard Patio and front beds

Ryan was excellent throughout the entire process. He was patient with us as we were undecided on which patio stone to choose. He always got back to us in good time. He was on site with his workers and he was meticulous about the proper drainage and finished product. He is a professional.

Happy C.
Happy C.

Landscaping

Design and landscape.

We had a fantastic ground level patio put in using Techo-Block. Top soil, fresh sod (front and back). Rundlestone path ways and flower beds (trees planted)

Turned our space under our patio into a shed (enclosed).

Incredible work by Ryan and his team. On time, on budget. You won’t be disappointed.

Cynthia from Calgary
Cynthia from Calgary

Cobblestone Walkway

I have used HomeStars for my roof and siding and have had wonderful results. So when I needed a landscaper for my small walkway project, New Look Landscapes appeared decent. Ryan and New Look Landscapes was reasonably priced and the walkway I requested looks very good. However, it has been a pain repairing and cleaning up after he and his helpers left.
I did everything I could to make his job easier. I created a to-scale site plan of what I wanted, showing buried irrigation and electrical lines that he would encounter before I got the quote. I spray-painted the sidewalk limits and the electrical line on the grass before he even showed up.
#1: I get it, they are not an irrigation company and where I requested my walkway went right through my irrigation lines. I fully understand that after the first couple of shovels we realized the lines would have to come out and be re-routed at a later date. But after a quick call by me to Ace Irrigation (who were amazing by the way), I passed on the information to Ryan that anything coming out needed to be taped off (to prevent dirt inside) and an idea of where they came from so I can piece it back together later. Instead, I ended up chasing after them, taping off the lines myself that they chopped with their shovels, cleaning out the dirt from the pipe, trying to figure out what they pulled up after the fact. Several sprinkler heads were left orphaned with no pipe ends and had to be completely retrenched. There was no thought or respect beyond their immediate scope of work.
#2: Fully marked and discussed NMWU 14/2 underground cable. His helper drove an edging spike through the line. This shorted out the receptacle and forced me to spend additional money and a weekend of my time replacing the outlet and trenching a new electrical line. Even though it wasn’t in their scope, Ace Irrigation carefully hand-exposed the line to find out why I had lost power before proceeding with any work, which is how I discovered the spike.
If you’re looking for quick and cheap, Ryan and New Look Landscapes will work. But if you’re looking for respect to your property, look elsewhere.

Dianne in Calgary
Dianne in Calgary

Back yard patio and front rundle stone flower bed

We hired Ryan to give our yard a make over and are so happy we did. Can't say enough about Ryan and his crew. Ryan did what he said he would do and came in on budget and on time. Ryan and his crew were very professional and hard working. It was evident that they took pride in their work and it shows in the results. Worked hard each day, little to no down time and cleaned up each day and at the end of the project. Love our patio and rundle rock flower bed - have received many compliments on both. Would definitely recommend New Look Landscapes!

Thank you so much for the kind words. We really enjoyed doing your project for you and your backyard is looking great.

Ben in Calgary
Ben in Calgary

Back Yard Stone Patio

We bought are house in Legacy in December 2016 and we were looking for a nice a practical use of our smaller back yard space with less maintenance. Ryan and his staff did a phenomal job in the execution as well with a recommendation of product to use. The end result in our view was exactly what we weren’t looking for, the quality of work and the ease to deal with Newlooklandscapes was refreshing and of course the cost was very good.
We were also be able to lay down the grass in the front and get ready for the final touch in spring......
???

Hey thanks Benoit. This was an amazing project to take on and we loved doing it.

JackTripp in Calgary
JackTripp in Calgary

Small Backyard, Big Impact

Ryan and his crew were fantastic to work with.
Ryan was awesome on many levels. He initially listened to my ideas and was happy to work with them - but when we started to encounter obstacles with my plan, he stepped in and offered some different ideas that in the end turned out to be perfect for the backyard, a much better use of space, and more visually interesting. I really appreciated both his ability to try out my own thing, and then his expertise in moving these ideas into something more achievable.
Ryan was also very budget conscious and understood his customer, he was always quick to offer other ideas that would save money, and would even forgo parts of the job where money could be made just because he suggested we could save money by doing it ourselves. We really appreciated his honesty and we always felt he was looking out for us, the customer.
If you take a look at the photos of our yard, you can see it's a small infill backyard (25'x25'), but the scale of our job and limits to what you could do didn't turn him away, and he was happy to work within our budget. In the end, he was able to create four different spaces for us that fulfilled our needs (note: the pergola we built ourselves).
Lastly, Ryan's work was fantastic. The cuts on the stone and wood were great, they were very meticulous about leveling and spacing things properly, attention to detail and quality of work was high.
They finished the job one day ahead of time, more importantly - he and his crew showed up when they said they would, on time, worked late to get the job done, and at the end of the day, tidied up the whole yard, only to return the next day to do it all again. After building a house and working with 25+ trades, he was probably the only one who did things like this - it is rare in Calgary.
Ryan was also very patient and understanding when we changed our minds about materials.
Overall, Ryan and crew were kind, polite, totally customer-focused, did great quality work, had creative ideas, budget-conscious, honest, and hard-working. I would definitely recommend Ryan (already have) and would certainly hire him again for another project.
Thanks Ryan!!!

Thank you so much for the kind words. We really enjoyed your project.

JulieF in Calgary
JulieF in Calgary

Patio, grass, and trees - oh my!

I got a few quotes, and for the exact same work, New Look came in lowest, and were fastest to respond.

Ryan and his crew took my sorry excuse for a yard and made it beautiful. They removed all the trees (except the one I wanted to keep), refurbished and enlarged my patio with gorgeous stone, and removed all my dead, lumpy, weed-infested grass. I now have a lovely green yard and it looks bigger than I knew it was. Once Ryan finds me a few more trees for the fence line, it will be even better!

My dog can now enjoy his time sniffing and exploring and peeing on every blade of grass without nasty thistles and pine needles poking his little paws.

There was a delay in putting the sod in, because of the heat wave. Ryan wanted to wait until it was over so the grass didn't die. I appreciate that thoughtfulness. My neighbour got sod installed right at the height of the 32 plus degree weather and it looks terrible now.

I have struggled with my gate for years and figured I'd need a whole new fence. Ryan fixed it for me, free of charge (and in under 5 minutes) and showed me how to do it myself if it shifts later.

This crew works hard, are all professional and personable. Will be having Ryan take a look at my front yard soon!

Hey Thanks for the great review. We all loved completing this job.

Brian G from Calgary
Brian G from Calgary

Sod, shrubs, trees, and landscaping advice

Ryan helped us landscape our back and front yard and it turned out excellent. We would recommend Ryan for your landscape job.

During the planning process, Ryan helped us pick out all of the different types of trees and shrubs as well as designing the overall layout of the backyard. We appreciated that he listened to what we liked (colours, shapes, flowers) and then showed us examples of the types of plants we could get. We also appreciated how he visually showed us with markings on the ground how our landscaped backyard would look. It really helped us see it!

Ryan and his team did a great job executing on the plan. They worked quickly over three days and everything came out exactly as expected. On top of that, Ryan and his team left everything very neat and tidy. I appreciated that Ryan and his team didn't just clean up on the last day - they left the job site reasonably clean each and every day they were out, which made it easy for us to see our backyard in progress.

Hey Brian, thanks for the kind words. We all really enjoyed working on your yard and I feel like it shows. I hope you enjoy your yard.

Lindsay J in
Lindsay J in

Backyard Hardscape/Raised Garden Bed

In 2016, my fiance and I needed help in creating a hardscaped backyard and raised garden bed. We knew what we wanted but just didn't have the time or the patience to do it right! We found Ryan online after much searching (and after getting terribly high quotes and horror stories from other landscapers!). He came out to give us a quote and we knew right away he was our guy! Ryan and his team came out, delivered exactly what we were looking for, and completed the work ahead of schedule and on budget. We are really pleased with the result and love our backyard! We'd recommend Ryan and New Look Landscapes any day. Thanks again Ryan!

Thanks for all the kind words. We all really enjoyed working on your project.

More about New Look Landscapes

New Look Landscapes offers full-service landscape design and construction for Calgary and area. We specialize in interlocking stone patios, retaining walls, sod installation,walkways, fencing, decks, we do all other landscaping needs but really love doing patios. We also take care of the entire project so theres no subcontractors.

Looking for inspiration? Check out our work at www.newlooklandscapes.ca or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!

Landscape Contractors & Designers
STONE PATIOS & WALKWAYS: The most common use for a patio is as an outdoor room. A well designed patio is the ultimate versatile living space - a place where you can play, eat, relax, or entertain. Walkways direct foot traffic and provide access throughout your landscape. But they serve several other functions, as well. Walkways can divide up large areas, provide more vantage points for viewing your yard and add the elegance of stone or brick hardscaping. RETAINING WALLS: Retaining walls let you alter the grade or slope of the land in your yard and are valuable to protect that slope from eroding. Using a retaining wall, we can create level areas that can be used for planting trees, shrubs and gardens or adding a patio - plus many other uses we can get creative with for your yard's needs. A retaining wall doesn't just add function to your yard, it provides an element of beauty and sophistication. FIREPITS: Adding a fire pit as part of your landscaping will extend the enjoyment of your backyard for you and your guests. They provide warmth, light, a cooking source, and ambiance, making them a natural gathering spot for socializing, entertaining, and relaxation. A fire pit can also serve as an important focal point in your outdoor landscape design. When placed where it can be easily seen from your interior living space, it can be enjoyed from the indoors as well. FENCES: By definition, fences define your property line and provide an element of security for your home and yard. A fence also provides privacy when you need to relax and enjoy personal time with friends and family. If needed, you can also use a fence as a way to control the amount of wind and sun you receive in your yard and act as a buffer for reducing neighbourhood noise. SOD: Your lawn serves as the canvas for the rest of your landscape, forming a framework for garden beds, pathways and patios. It also helps to prevent soil erosion and provides a soft, resilient surface for recreational activities. A lush, green lawn is the perfect way to augment your overall landscape design.
Cash, Cheque, Credit Cards
City of Calgary Contractor
Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute
Landscape Technician, Horticultural Technician
2 Year Warranty on all work.