New Look Landscapes

Calgary AB

Reviews for New Look Landscapes

Dianne in Calgary
Dianne in Calgary

Back yard patio and front rundle stone flower bed

We hired Ryan to give our yard a make over and are so happy we did. Can't say enough about Ryan and his crew. Ryan did what he said he would do and came in on budget and on time. Ryan and his crew were very professional and hard working. It was evident that they took pride in their work and it shows in the results. Worked hard each day, little to no down time and cleaned up each day and at the end of the project. Love our patio and rundle rock flower bed - have received many compliments on both. Would definitely recommend New Look Landscapes!

Thank you so much for the kind words. We really enjoyed doing your project for you and your backyard is looking great.

Ben in Calgary
Ben in Calgary

Back Yard Stone Patio

We bought are house in Legacy in December 2016 and we were looking for a nice a practical use of our smaller back yard space with less maintenance. Ryan and his staff did a phenomal job in the execution as well with a recommendation of product to use. The end result in our view was exactly what we weren’t looking for, the quality of work and the ease to deal with Newlooklandscapes was refreshing and of course the cost was very good.
We were also be able to lay down the grass in the front and get ready for the final touch in spring......
???

Hey thanks Benoit. This was an amazing project to take on and we loved doing it.

JackTripp in Calgary
JackTripp in Calgary

Small Backyard, Big Impact

Ryan and his crew were fantastic to work with.
Ryan was awesome on many levels. He initially listened to my ideas and was happy to work with them - but when we started to encounter obstacles with my plan, he stepped in and offered some different ideas that in the end turned out to be perfect for the backyard, a much better use of space, and more visually interesting. I really appreciated both his ability to try out my own thing, and then his expertise in moving these ideas into something more achievable.
Ryan was also very budget conscious and understood his customer, he was always quick to offer other ideas that would save money, and would even forgo parts of the job where money could be made just because he suggested we could save money by doing it ourselves. We really appreciated his honesty and we always felt he was looking out for us, the customer.
If you take a look at the photos of our yard, you can see it's a small infill backyard (25'x25'), but the scale of our job and limits to what you could do didn't turn him away, and he was happy to work within our budget. In the end, he was able to create four different spaces for us that fulfilled our needs (note: the pergola we built ourselves).
Lastly, Ryan's work was fantastic. The cuts on the stone and wood were great, they were very meticulous about leveling and spacing things properly, attention to detail and quality of work was high.
They finished the job one day ahead of time, more importantly - he and his crew showed up when they said they would, on time, worked late to get the job done, and at the end of the day, tidied up the whole yard, only to return the next day to do it all again. After building a house and working with 25+ trades, he was probably the only one who did things like this - it is rare in Calgary.
Ryan was also very patient and understanding when we changed our minds about materials.
Overall, Ryan and crew were kind, polite, totally customer-focused, did great quality work, had creative ideas, budget-conscious, honest, and hard-working. I would definitely recommend Ryan (already have) and would certainly hire him again for another project.
Thanks Ryan!!!

Thank you so much for the kind words. We really enjoyed your project.

JulieF in Calgary
JulieF in Calgary

Patio, grass, and trees - oh my!

I got a few quotes, and for the exact same work, New Look came in lowest, and were fastest to respond.

Ryan and his crew took my sorry excuse for a yard and made it beautiful. They removed all the trees (except the one I wanted to keep), refurbished and enlarged my patio with gorgeous stone, and removed all my dead, lumpy, weed-infested grass. I now have a lovely green yard and it looks bigger than I knew it was. Once Ryan finds me a few more trees for the fence line, it will be even better!

My dog can now enjoy his time sniffing and exploring and peeing on every blade of grass without nasty thistles and pine needles poking his little paws.

There was a delay in putting the sod in, because of the heat wave. Ryan wanted to wait until it was over so the grass didn't die. I appreciate that thoughtfulness. My neighbour got sod installed right at the height of the 32 plus degree weather and it looks terrible now.

I have struggled with my gate for years and figured I'd need a whole new fence. Ryan fixed it for me, free of charge (and in under 5 minutes) and showed me how to do it myself if it shifts later.

This crew works hard, are all professional and personable. Will be having Ryan take a look at my front yard soon!

Hey Thanks for the great review. We all loved completing this job.

Brian G from Calgary
Brian G from Calgary

Sod, shrubs, trees, and landscaping advice

Ryan helped us landscape our back and front yard and it turned out excellent. We would recommend Ryan for your landscape job.

During the planning process, Ryan helped us pick out all of the different types of trees and shrubs as well as designing the overall layout of the backyard. We appreciated that he listened to what we liked (colours, shapes, flowers) and then showed us examples of the types of plants we could get. We also appreciated how he visually showed us with markings on the ground how our landscaped backyard would look. It really helped us see it!

Ryan and his team did a great job executing on the plan. They worked quickly over three days and everything came out exactly as expected. On top of that, Ryan and his team left everything very neat and tidy. I appreciated that Ryan and his team didn't just clean up on the last day - they left the job site reasonably clean each and every day they were out, which made it easy for us to see our backyard in progress.

Hey Brian, thanks for the kind words. We all really enjoyed working on your yard and I feel like it shows. I hope you enjoy your yard.

Lindsay J in
Lindsay J in

Backyard Hardscape/Raised Garden Bed

In 2016, my fiance and I needed help in creating a hardscaped backyard and raised garden bed. We knew what we wanted but just didn't have the time or the patience to do it right! We found Ryan online after much searching (and after getting terribly high quotes and horror stories from other landscapers!). He came out to give us a quote and we knew right away he was our guy! Ryan and his team came out, delivered exactly what we were looking for, and completed the work ahead of schedule and on budget. We are really pleased with the result and love our backyard! We'd recommend Ryan and New Look Landscapes any day. Thanks again Ryan!

Thanks for all the kind words. We all really enjoyed working on your project.

Steven in
Steven in

Backyard Landscape

Our Backyard was a Mess, our grading was poor, our grass was dead and our dogs had completely taken over. Not the kind of yard we wanted to spend much time in.

After having multiple companies out to quote our job we made the decision to bring on New look Landscapes to rejuvenate our backyard. Ryan was the most responsive and the most personable of the bunch. Combined with the very strong and positive reviews we made the easy decision to go with New Look Landscapes for this project. Right after our consultation we received a quote within 24 hours of him being here. He spent at least and hour chatting with us to understand exactly what we were looking to do, paying attention to the details and pointing out the good in our yard (even if we couldn't see it at that moment). Ryan and his crew provided us with a fresh look and corrected all of the issues we were experiencing. He built us a beautiful gate for our dog run, fixed the grading issues and even took his own time to fix our hard to open / stuck gate, which he didn't charge us for! Talk about a nice guy! They gave us irrigation along the side of our home to help dissipate water from our sump pump. Overall the grass installation and the quality of the workmanship was on point, we cant wait until the grass gets established! They were great to work with and we would highly recommend them. The team was always on time and communicated exceptionally well. He would lend his opinion and expertise to ensure the back yard was perfect. Awesome job guys! We wouldn't hesitate to go to New look for future projects and we cant wait to enjoy our back yard this summer!

Thanks again, Ryan and Team!

-Steve & Brit

Hey guys thanks for all the kinda words. It was also nothing to fix your front gate. It cost a total of $2.97 to fix. I hope the dogs haven't taken over the yard yet. Thanks again.

Lily from Calgary
Lily from Calgary

Gardening Landscape

I chose New Look Landscapes base on all the good reviews about this company, they are hard working and honest individuals.
Ryan the owner would do a last minute change because he thought it looked nicer and without charging extra.
At the end, all I have to do is to enjoy a beautiful, tidy and manageable landscape :)
My husband and I will definitely recommend this company.
Thanks again Ryan and Conrad for a good job well done!

Hey Lily
Thanks for having us out to complete your project. I could really see on the final day how happy you guys were.

Michelle
Michelle

Deck and landscaping

I contacted Ryan based on the reviews here, they did a great job for us, built a deck and put in rocks in our front lawn. They spent two full days and cleaned up at the end of each day, They even cleaned my driveway and came back the 3rd day to just move some rocks around to make my yard look nice and make sure there's no nails left on the lawn. Ryan was able to accommodate all my last minute ideas as well. Now I can finally enjoy my backyard this summer. Thank you so much!

Hey michelle
It was great doing your deck. I got to show the guys a few tricks to make sure everything is prefect.

Kristina in Calgary
Kristina in Calgary

New patio

Ryan put in a new paved stone patio and a landing with stairs leading up to our patio door a few months ago. It looks great. He did the work fast and efficiently, and he was reliable and knowledgeable.

We chose New Look Landscapes based on the great reviews on HomeStars and on the fact that the quote was less than half of what another landscaping company would have charged us for this work. We had paid that other company for a drawing of our landscaping project and this drawing contained a measurement error - Ryan took full responsibility for not noticing this error until a good part of the work was done and for fixing it, which we appreciated.

We fully recommend New Look Landscape and are going to rehire them for the next phase of our project this summer.

Hey Kristina.
I can't wait to get back to your house and finish off the project. It's going to look amazing.

More about New Look Landscapes

New Look Landscapes offers full-service landscape design and construction for Calgary and area. We specialize in interlocking stone patios, retaining walls, sod installation,walkways, fencing, decks, we do all other landscaping needs but really love doing patios. We also take care of the entire project so theres no subcontractors.

Looking for inspiration? Check out our work at www.newlooklandscapes.ca or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!

Landscape Contractors & Designers
STONE PATIOS & WALKWAYS: The most common use for a patio is as an outdoor room. A well designed patio is the ultimate versatile living space - a place where you can play, eat, relax, or entertain. Walkways direct foot traffic and provide access throughout your landscape. But they serve several other functions, as well. Walkways can divide up large areas, provide more vantage points for viewing your yard and add the elegance of stone or brick hardscaping. RETAINING WALLS: Retaining walls let you alter the grade or slope of the land in your yard and are valuable to protect that slope from eroding. Using a retaining wall, we can create level areas that can be used for planting trees, shrubs and gardens or adding a patio - plus many other uses we can get creative with for your yard's needs. A retaining wall doesn't just add function to your yard, it provides an element of beauty and sophistication. FIREPITS: Adding a fire pit as part of your landscaping will extend the enjoyment of your backyard for you and your guests. They provide warmth, light, a cooking source, and ambiance, making them a natural gathering spot for socializing, entertaining, and relaxation. A fire pit can also serve as an important focal point in your outdoor landscape design. When placed where it can be easily seen from your interior living space, it can be enjoyed from the indoors as well. FENCES: By definition, fences define your property line and provide an element of security for your home and yard. A fence also provides privacy when you need to relax and enjoy personal time with friends and family. If needed, you can also use a fence as a way to control the amount of wind and sun you receive in your yard and act as a buffer for reducing neighbourhood noise. SOD: Your lawn serves as the canvas for the rest of your landscape, forming a framework for garden beds, pathways and patios. It also helps to prevent soil erosion and provides a soft, resilient surface for recreational activities. A lush, green lawn is the perfect way to augment your overall landscape design.
Cash, Cheque, Credit Cards
City of Calgary Contractor
Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute
Landscape Technician, Horticultural Technician
2 Year Warranty on all work.