Flattery Design

Reviews for Flattery Design

AOK in Toronto
AOK in Toronto

Poor workmanship but expensive

We hired D'Arcy and his crew to renovate our landscap in the front and back of our home. They delayed the start of our project on several occasions and they finally began the work in the fall of 2014 and completed it in the spring of 2015.

D'Arcy was rarely around and he left a lot of the day-to-day project management to his foreman Mark. He did come by when it was time to collect money.

The design provided by D'Arcy for the renovation was nice but the execution was very very poor. Our front lawn, after the renovation, slopes from north to south. We asked D'Arcy to correct it and he made a half-hearted attempt to do so. In addition, the ground cover that D'Arcy recommended and assured us that it would spread within a year never did and we had to remove them and re-plant with other varietals ourselves. We wonder whether D'Arcy and his team really knew anything about plants.

Mark constructed a privacy screen for us in the backyard and we call it the bride of Frankenstein because it looks like it was quickly cobbled together and the workmanship is god awful poor. The screen started to fall apart within 6 months and I had to fix it myself. Again, great design but very poorly executed.

D'Arcy is a friendly person but he was rarely around once the contract was signed and his team is not that good. We found the quality of his work to be very poor and we regret our decision to hire Flattery Design. We would certainly not recommend him to anyone.

Jenny from Toronto
Jenny from Toronto

Small backyard reno

Overall a very positive experience. Darcy gave me a quote that suited my budget, simple but good quality. And he was quick to answer emails and questions along the way.

the crew started when planned, and they were fantastic. All of the people who worked on the site were professional, tidy, friendly and clearly working hard. It took longer than anticipated since they were juggling a lot of jobs at once, which is the reason I took one star off, but the other jobs were at my neighbours so it was somewhat expected.

overall they did a really solid job. I feel the materials and the construction were good quality, and I'm very pleased with the result.

backyard

I had to get another company to come in and fix the mess. Flattery needs to screen his employees and make sure he's present to make sure the job is being done correctly.

Sandra  from Toronto
Sandra from Toronto

Full Backyard Renovation

For years I have been planning on a complete overhaul of my backyard, including removing the old deck and fence, getting rid of all the grass and making it a livable space , but never felt I had the right person for the job, even though I had had many consultations prior, until I met D'Arcy Flattery owner/designer of Flattery Design at the 2014 Canada Blooms Show ( it was his first time there). After having had a consult with him I knew he saw my vision of a very modern space featuring all the elements, fire, water, wood, earth, plants and stone . I am extremely particular in what I like so it was very importart that I hire someone that was also very easy to communicate with. D'Arcy and his crew were absolutely amazing. From the planning/design process through the completion of the project D'Arcy was very proffesional, punctual and always kept me in the know of what they were working on. D'Arcy and his crew , including Mark his foreman, were also perfectionists. The quality of their workmanship was outstanding, utmost attention was paid to every detail, especially my custom designed corten steel water feature. I should note that D'Arcy was also always on site and hands-on. I can't say enough nice things about D'Arcy and the stunning outdoor living space that he created. Our project was also on time and on budget! I would highly recommend Flattery Design.

More about Flattery Design

Flattery Design is a design and build firm offering a complete service that suits the specific demands of each client and project. Besides providing outstanding and creative spaces, we believe the boutique style and intimacy of our company sets us apart from our competition.
Looking for Landscape Contractors & Designers pros in Toronto?