Horizon Plumbing And Piping Systems

Reviews for Horizon Plumbing And Piping Systems

Leonard T in Ottawa
Leonard T in Ottawa

Great service and support

Just wanted to give a shout out and review for Horizon Plumbing. They did a couple of big reno jobs for us. Their experience told them to run 3/4 lines instead of the usual 1/2" lines, which proved to be crucial in supplying the volume of water needed for the project. After some manufacturer's defect in a shower tower unit, which was not their fault, they also came out to fix the issue and ensure that everything was running properly. Great service.

Thanks Leo, your kind words are greatly appreciated.

Casandra in Ottawa
Casandra in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

We use Horizon as our plumbing subcontractor

We are a general contractor in Ottawa and use Horizon Plumbing exclusively for all our plumbing work! They are a pleasure to work with, get along very well with all of our clients and extremely organized and professional. Their work is always done properly and corners are never cut. We highly recommend Horizon Plumbing and Piping.

Thank you very much for your kind words Casandra. We appreciate your confidence in Horizon. :)

Andrew in Ottawa
Andrew in Ottawa

New Build

Amazing team to work worth, these guys are true professionals! They respect your home, down to earth and brought me coffee! Highly recommended!
Text message notifications when they are on the way, arriving, and when they left so you know how long they are at your home!

Thank you Andrew, much appreciated. :)

Angela Hawe in Gloucester
Angela Hawe in Gloucester
1 review Ottawa, ON

Replace kitchen faucet and shut-off valves

Marc was great, very professional - he told me the time he would arrive and showed up on time (7am - as I'd requested) - there was no waiting around for a 4 hour block of time as some other companies had required. He completed the work quickly and efficiently and cleaned up afterward, all for a very reasonable price (he charges by the hour). I will definitely use him again if the need arises and would highly recommend him to others.

Thank you Angela, we look forward to working with you in the future.

Sue  Clost from Ottawa
Sue Clost from Ottawa
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Look no further

Required a plumber to fix a leaking pipe in my basement rec room that caused me to have a flood. Shopped around and Horizon called me (through Homestar) I was thrilled with our conversation as he gave me a better idea of what I would be paying and what was involved.
Had the technician "Phillip" come over today as scheduled. He did a fantastic job and explained everything to me. Also took the time to suggest some things I could do to make my home safer. I really appreciated his advice along with being so pleasant couldn't ask for a nicer guy. Thanks! You will be my "go to plumber" from now on. Sue Clost

A bit of homework goes a long way. Glad we could help. Looking forward to the next visit.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Shower leak

Horizon was competent and efficient in finding the source of the leak from our upstairs shower, and fixing our kitchen tap. Because the problem with the shower was ultimately not caused by plumbing (and therefore could not be fixed by them), Marc followed up the next day and decreased the amount we had been charged. It was great to see Marc keeping an eye on all the work being done by his business, and ensuring his customers were treated fairly!

Being fair is good for business. Thanks for the great review. Much appreciated.

Jim Picken from Stittsville
Jim Picken from Stittsville
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Repair of toilet flange

Was repairing a leaking toilet and discovered that the flange had broken at the closet bolt channel. Looked at repair options but thought that the flange would need replacing; something beyond my comfort level. Marc came out and explained why a repair ring would be sufficient, then installed one. He provided me with a much better understanding of the system, the proper way to repair and reinstall the toilet and flooring. Very pleasant and easy to deal with.

I'm glad I could help Jim. Don'd hesitate if you need anything.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Faucet replacement

Philip from Horizon came to replace my kitchen faucet at the end of May. He was punctual, very nice to deal with and very efficient. He did a great job. He ended up also replacing a valve that was about to go (saving me some future grief) and he gave me some really great general plumbing advice. The price was very reasonable for the quality of the job. Thanks so much Philip and Horizon!!

You're very welcome. Thanks for the great review. No excuses to do the dishes now. :)

Alain T.
Alain T.
1 review Ottawa, ON

Full house rough in and finishing fixtures

We were extremely pleased with all of the work performed by Horizon Plumbing and Piping Systems. From the initial consultation we felt very comfortable as Marc walked us through the entire process. During the build, Marc was quick to respond to all of our questions and made suggestions that ended up saving us time and money. We are more that satisfied with our end result and will definitely call upon Horizon Plumbing for any future work to be performed. On time, on budget and very professional..... what more could we ask for?!! Thanks again to Marc and crew for playing a big part in making our dream build come true.

*I will also add that they were quick to retrieve my wife's wedding ring when she dropped it down the drain! - Life saver Marc!

Literally life saver. Good thing the ring was big enough to get stuck in the P-trap. Haha.
Glad we could help.

CC from Ottawa
CC from Ottawa
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Disappointed, no more (update)

Disappointed (no more (see update below). We had Horizon plumbing come over for a clogged basement sink and tub. Nice guy, did the job but lasted only about 2 months. It is still clogged. Called them back to see if the work was under warranty and if they could come back. We contacted them 3 times, got 1 short email then nothing. I understand it is a small repair, maybe not worth the trouble to come back but at least, contact me to let me know. We will contact another plumber.

***** Update****
Marc Rainville contacted me to come in to fix the problem. He did this morning. We discussed the "communication/disappointment issue" and got things straightened out. I'm glad I gave him a chance to make things right. Now as for the plumbing issue, he explained what was the problem and he fixed it in no time. He offered me a refund but I refused cause all work deserves a pay (food, a hug but in his case money and a little advice lol). For contacting me so quickly and making it right, I decided to change the rating. We will most definitely hire the company again, if there is ever a need.

Review has 1 previous version

Thanks for the updated review Celine. I'm glad we were able to resolve the issue. Every job is important to us. Big or small. Your advice was well received.

More about Horizon Plumbing And Piping Systems

Mission Statement:
At Horizon Plumbing and Piping Systems our professionals aim to out perform the competition. If you are looking to get it done once and get it done right, we are your choice. With multiple generations of knowledge, we offer you the value of experience while embracing the most modern progressive techniques to guarantee a worry free outcome. We back this with a lifetime underground warranty and a 2 year above ground warranty.

Horizon Plumbing and Piping Systems owner and founder Marc Rainville is a licensed plumber with more then 20 years experience in the field of plumbing. Also a certified Electronic Engineer, Marc specializes in solving problems and troubleshooting issues in a smarter and more efficient manner, saving you time and putting some of your hard earned money back in your pocket. We are a fully equipped company and can handle anything from the smallest household leaks to large building maintenance. Feel free to give us a call to see if we are the right plumbing company for your project.

Plumbing
Water Piping of Choice We carry and install all types of water piping. Our preferred piping choice is Wersbo Aquapex. This material carries a 25 Year manufacturers warranty. Guaranteeing that your investment into your plumbing system is long term.
Small household repairs Drain Cleaning of all Sizes Drain Flushing Camera Inspection and Locations Small and Large renovations Commercial maintenance Commercial installations and projects Well Licensed and certified
There are many great Bands and styles to choose in the industry. However some can be very difficult to service. We always recommend three in particular. American Standard, Delta and Moen. The ability to easily service these products along with readily available parts are saving you time and money.
Keep it simple. Todays cars are so advanced that when they break down or need replacement parts they cost a small fortune. The same can be said for plumbing fixtures. Over complicated fixtures can often lead to complicated repair solutions down the road.
An Industry first. Have you ever wanted peace of mind that the job was done right. Call us for a blocked main drain and the camera inspection is always free. We aim to do the job right the first time and the camera will prove it. This is roughly a $300 service city wide. We believe the Camera is a tool not a cash grab.
2014