Hargta

Mississauga ON L5T 1J4

Reviews for Hargta

harryf1867 in Toronto
harryf1867 in Toronto

They will take your money and run

Stove had problems: thermostat not functioning. They sent a repair person. He pulled it out a bit, stuck a tester in, said the stove was no good.
Never received a report from them. Never received a repair estimate.
They took my money and Ran!

Sara in Toronto
Sara in Toronto

They are hot honest about the timing becareful!

I have my dishwasher supposed to be fixed one month ago can you imagine the kind of service they have !! Bad quality bad service bad customers standards and the call centre wants to urge with customers

Don Mills, Ontario
Don Mills, Ontario
5 reviews North York, ON

Called for Help to avoid DYI!

Called them rather than DIY for a Wall oven that stopped heating!

They suggested repairs for 700.00, I followed up with my Multi meter and did not agree with their assessment.

I was able to fix the oven in 10 Minutes!

Im sure the technician could have done it also, had he taken the time to troubleshoot the issue.
Get a second opinion before spending large amount on repairs.

Gas Stove

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Worst mistake I ever made.

Save yourself the trouble. Don't!

I lost money. Time and patience with them. Don't do it!

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Appliance repairs

Don't waste your money! The company makes their money on the initial service call then quotes on unnecessary add-ons so you can't afford the follow up. Go to reputable companies who bring out professionals to assess the repair and then follow through.

Ken
Ken

Total disaster.......Run

Dishwasher stopped working and gave us an I 20 code. I took the machine out and disconnected it and checked the filters, hose out but couldn’t find the pressure switch or filter. Called and they sent a service man who brought only one part and didn’t give us an estimate or check anything else. With the machine out he tilted it and installed the part. No more than 10 minutes. He then gave us a bill for $499.91 and left without reconnecting the machine. The office didn’t even try to understand why we were angry. My recommendation is call anyone else but not this company. Part on Amazon $84.00.
The same part on Amazon was $84.00

Wine Fridge Fixed

Just before Christmas our wine fridge stopped working. It was an older model, and a google search of the brand led me to HARGTA. Their response time was very quick, and although there was an error identifying the right part, they fixed the fridge. In particular I want to acknowledge their technician David, who demonstrated extraordinary customer service and commitment to getting the job done. A company is the sum of its individuals, and I think David really represented HARGTA well. Thank you.

Fixing my Stove and Washer

I have used HARGTA twice to fix appliances in my home, though this is my first review.

With the first time I used HARGTA, it was to repair my Blomberg Washer. As I purchase the Washer from Caplan's I consulted them first and they recommended HARGTA for the servicing and repairs.

With this, HARGTA sent a technician to look at my Washer the following day, and they diagnosed the problem as a broken motor and they promptly gave us a quote. The only issue was that they had to order the part, and due to restrictions this part took a little bit of time, which is completely understandable because of the current situation. When the part arrived, they arranged to have it installed the next avaiable appointment, which was super helpful.

Based on my experience with the Washer, when my Natural Gas GE Profile Stove stopped working in the Bake setting, I knew who to call. HARGTA arranged to have a technician come to my house based on my schedule and to ensure they were sending the right technician they asked for the model and serial number for my stove. When they came, the checked my stove and identified that a part had broken - this stove is over 15 years old. And what was great is that they had a part on had an we able to make the repair the same day.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Overcharging

Technician diagnosed the burner switch was faulty on my smooth top range. Replaced the part and then phoned office for pricing. I was surprised with a $638 bill. $321 for labor and $317 for the switch. The office said the switch alone was $280 plus tax and somehow charged me $317. Adding to $321 labor cost came a total of $638. Checked that PartSelect charged only $208 plus tax. You be the judge.

Barbara Bregman from Old Toronto
Barbara Bregman from Old Toronto

Do NOT use this company under any circumstances!

I inherited HARGTA as they were the company I was directed to for my brand new Dacor fridge/freezer which was still under warranty. Customer service is ZERO. Technician skill level is ZERO. Never in my over 35 years of being a homeowner have I ever encountered such incompetence from beginning to end. To my untrained eye, there clearly was a leak in my freezer. Everytime I called, a technician would come out, have a 90 second look and tell me he had to order a part. Which took weeks of course to come in. Three times over 2 years the same problem happened which means 6 visits by the repair man. Finally on the 3rd try at fixing the same problem they tell me I need a new ice maker. That was in May of this year. And guess what? The warranty expired in April. So now I'm responsible to pay for a part that should have been ordered months ago while the unit was still under warranty. Finally 2 weeks ago - we are talking November people (that's almost 7 months of waiting for the part) - the part arrived and the technician showed up to repair the freezer. And you will never believe this - he tells me THERE IS A LEAK and it has nothing to do with the ice maker that I have already paid for and have been waiting over 6 months for. Thank you HARGTA for wasting hours and hours of my time not to mention the $900+ I had to pay for a part I didn't need. I am baffled why this company is still in business.