Eco Green Landscaping

HomeStars  >  Tree Service in Richmond Hill  >  Eco Green Landscaping

Reviews for Eco Green Landscaping

EM from Toronto
EM from Toronto

Please stay away from Martin and co for all landscaping needs

If you are looking to hire Martin and his crew to cut down a tree or a limb of a tree I am sure they can do an OK job. However, please do yourself a favour and stay away from him if you need any kind of landscaping job done other than above.

I will only stick to the main points here. We hired Martin to plant several trees for us. He first of all criticized (extensively) the work of the other contractor who planted several trees and said that they need to be re-planted as they are planted too low and are still in the wire baskets. When two of these trees did not survive the winter we had to dug them out: they were still in wire baskets and planted very low (less than 2 feet).

Then a large sugar maple tree that Martin planted has not made it (a few leaves came out then shrivelled up). After several weeks of trying to contact Martin, he finally picked up the phone. He blamed us for the tree dying (we didn't water it according to him) and said he stopped by and spoke to someone in our house (?) about it. Interestingly, two other trees planted close to the dead one are thriving, the grass there is lush, and we reviewed our cameras: Martin was never here from at least March.

He then told us he will replant the tree (which cost $600--we have the receipt) if the nursery will replace it for him for free. He wanted to charge us $1000 to replace the tree that he planted this fall (9 months ago) which is now dead. His warranty he told us only covers the tree but not the planting.

Of note, when this large tree was brought in for planting last fall, it was left in the wire basket for four days: the crew had to suddenly leave at 3:30 pm before a long weekend. When we asked Martin about it then, he told us that someone will be coming by to water the tree. It never happened as apparently they "were not available". We were unfortunately away that weekend.

So please review the facts above and make the decision for yourself whether you want to deal with Martin and your company.

Not pleased in Richmond Hill
Not pleased in Richmond Hill
0 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Build a retaining garden wall.

This is a letter I wrote in March and got no response once again from Martin , the owner of ecogreen Tree and landscaping company, who did work for me in the beginning of December to do a simple retaining wall. Look at the picture below of the shoddy workmanship - no mitres when cutting the wood to join up evenly even when brought to Brody’s attention. Perhaps this company should stick to only cutting trees rather than ripping unsuspecting customers off!

Dear Martin,
Please call me to arrange a time that Jim can come to my home to fix the very poor workmanship of a simple retaining wall that your employee Brody and his helper installed in front of my existing garden last December 2017, as you promised he would.

I did not write a bad review as I said I would in my letter from December because again, I wanted to give you a chance with the warmer weather to redeem your company’s name.
A good name is all someone really has when things are all said and done.

Now is the Time to right a wrong.

Result to my numerous phone calls and letters:
I got no response from the owner Martin and am fed up, so am now writing a review of this company ecogreen tree service and landscaping in Richmond Hill, Ontario.

Picture of the Maple tree that was pruned - ridiculous work

Donald in Richmond Hill
Donald in Richmond Hill

Tree servicing and pruning

I hired Martin and the crew to prune some big Poplars I had on site. Several branches were serious liabilities. Brodie, Ryan and crew did a fantastic job. A pleasure to deal with this company. Fully professional and, more importantly, highly skilled! The ONLY tree service company i will use.

Tree Servicing

You don’t get service like this very often any more. Martin gave us a very fair quote for the work we wanted done and Brody, Supervisor and his team including Ryan, Owen and Jim their groundsman did an excellent job. The worked efficiently and left our trees looking better than ever. They cleaned up every scrap. Thanks for the excellent job.

Rose from Thornhill
Rose from Thornhill

Oak tree classic grooming

This professional tree company is business! Immediate response.
Every single person of the crew listened with attention my request and took care of the immaculate trimming and esthetics's that the oak tree required.
The tree was so appealing that two of my neighbors ask for their services already.
Very professional team with the all the tools required for the job.
110 in customer service. They take care to every single detail.
GREAT JOB!!!

Tree pruning service

Martin and his crew arrived promptly, understood what our two big, old trees needed (an elm and a silver maple) in terms of pruning for both safety and esthetic reasons, and did an excellent job. The elm was interfering with cable TV and telephone lines, as well as the higher up hydro line coming into the house. That was a tricky job! Our trees now look beautiful, are safe, and there will be a lot more sunlight coming into the garden underneath now, too, an added bonus. They also removed a big, ugly stump. The clean up was excellent, not a scrap nor a twig left for us to deal with. Thanks, Martin and crew for an outstanding job.

You are most welcome Beverly (and Bob). I just love the environment you've created for yourselves and I was only too happy to make your house as much of a home for you two, as I could. Many thanks for your kind words and I'll follow up with you for the "Deep-Root Fertilization" you require in the spring. This will create both vitality and density.
Martin L. - Owner ecogreenlandscape.ca 905-884-6089

Don Bowles in Newmarket
Don Bowles in Newmarket

Tree Services

Fantastic, very professional tree trimming and yard cleanup done by Martin & crew.
My neighbor across the street hired EcoGreen to trim their very tall tree and so I also hired Martin to work on my overgrown Maple.
I was impressed with the skill and care that they exercised in completing the job.
My tree had spread outward posing a danger to the hydro wires and shading too much of my lawn.
They completed the job quickly and thoroughly in a cheerful, professional manner.
Would highly recommend them to anyone needing tree services.

Mill Pond - Richmond Hill
Mill Pond - Richmond Hill
6 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Great Service /Tree Removal and Clean Up - Fair Price

Just wanted to thank Martin and Team for cutting a tree during the winter. We had an emergency and Martin quickly came to the rescue even though it was minus -3. They cut the tree and grinded the stump within 3 hours. Aside from how professional this company was to us, we appreciated that they did not take advantage of an emergency situation and up charged us. The service was +10 and the price was more than fair. I would recommend anytime. Than you Martin

Cheryl in Toronto
Cheryl in Toronto

Christmas Lights (Blue Spruce)

I hired Martin and his crew to come and remove some existing christmas lights from my 40' blue spruce and replace with new ones. Martin came with his bucket truck. James & Braydon worked all day on getting the new lights up. They were all very helpful and professional. After Martin left, I decided to plug in the lights and unfortunately, a few strands were not working. I contacted Martin that evening to let him know the problem. Martin arranged to come back another day and made it right. My 40" blue spruce looks amazing and I would definitely recommend this company for all your landscaping/Christmas needs.

Martin, James & Braydon have a very Merry Christmas!

Cheryl, thank you for your kind words, as you know, Xmas lights are not our mandate, but service is. Our bucket truck serves a multitude of needs, and we were all just very happy to help you and your family. Nice to get positive responses, My ex had taken it upon herself to blast my site with false negatives. Cheryl, I've shared your pictures with my guys, reading out loud what you wrote today, we all enjoyed a blessed and festive moment.
Martin Lafleur
President.
Ecogreen tree service and landscape Const.

JP in Richmond hill
JP in Richmond hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Stone steps and walkway

I contacted Martin to redo the walkway from the driveway to the backyard entrance, and then steps to go down to the actual backyard (we have a walkout basement, so the grade is somewhat substantial). From the start he was courteous and made sure he was providing what we wanted, and that the solution worked in our budget. This was greatly appreciated because we really wanted to stay within our limits. Between him and his colleague (Chris), they sent some CAD drawings of what we discussed, and we made a few adjustments together, which was done without any issue.

The job started on time, and finished on time. The results are great, and Martin made several checks to see that we were happy during and after the job. At some point we didn't like the way one of the steps was landing on our existing patio, and we asked them to move it. Again this was no issue.

We have a proper contract with a stated warranty on materials and workmanship, and everything was done above board, with invoices, etc. I'm confident if there happens to be any issue, Martin or Chris will take care of it.