Eco Green Landscaping

Anne in Richmond Hill
Anne in Richmond Hill
0 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

tree service

I have used EcoGreen's services several times over the last 5 years. I have found Martin and his crew to be polite, respectful and very professional. Their price is very fair and highly competitive when compared to other companies from whom I've received quotes.
The last time we used this tree services, over a year after planting a new hedge, Martin came back and checked on two evergreens that weren't performing as well as the other trees. He fertilized and mulched the under-performing trees and and showed us the most effective watering technique for young trees. They recovered nicely with no extra charge for this service, although it was past the warranty period.
Recently, Martin and his EcoGreen team spent hours trimming an overgrown hedge that another landscaping company was unable to trim properly. His team also did a lot of needed trimming on several mature trees and included quite a few small jobs at no additional cost.
Martin has an extensive background in tree services and is very knowledgeable about such issues. We have a large lot with many trees that need upkeep. We were very pleased with the work completed on our property. EcoGreen did more than what we expected at a very fair price and with a great clean-up. I do no hesitate to recommend EcoGreen tree services. They are a local business that I and many of our neighbours have been very pleased with and are happy to support.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Terrible all round!!!

Would never uses them ever again, worse for everything they did. Rude, and terrible hack-job of work. He owner is horrible person with no ability to cut...he only hack, damage, make huge mess, late, bad job every one he do. Never would recommend ever...stay away to save trees no idea what he doing. Very bad choice for me and other reviews now i read same very bad terrible jobs he do. Don't uses this awfel company, be smart, look at all review, decide NO!! Also, those other review he say his ex wife wrote, that must NOT be true cause he do very awfel job for me like reviews says. Stay away!

EM from Toronto
EM from Toronto

Please stay away from Martin and co for all landscaping needs

If you are looking to hire Martin and his crew to cut down a tree or a limb of a tree I am sure they can do an OK job. However, please do yourself a favour and stay away from him if you need any kind of landscaping job done other than above.

I will only stick to the main points here. We hired Martin to plant several trees for us. He first of all criticized (extensively) the work of the other contractor who planted several trees and said that they need to be re-planted as they are planted too low and are still in the wire baskets. When two of these trees did not survive the winter we had to dug them out: they were still in wire baskets and planted very low (less than 2 feet).

Then a large sugar maple tree that Martin planted has not made it (a few leaves came out then shrivelled up). After several weeks of trying to contact Martin, he finally picked up the phone. He blamed us for the tree dying (we didn't water it according to him) and said he stopped by and spoke to someone in our house (?) about it. Interestingly, two other trees planted close to the dead one are thriving, the grass there is lush, and we reviewed our cameras: Martin was never here from at least March.

He then told us he will replant the tree (which cost $600--we have the receipt) if the nursery will replace it for him for free. He wanted to charge us $1000 to replace the tree that he planted this fall (9 months ago) which is now dead. His warranty he told us only covers the tree but not the planting.

Of note, when this large tree was brought in for planting last fall, it was left in the wire basket for four days: the crew had to suddenly leave at 3:30 pm before a long weekend. When we asked Martin about it then, he told us that someone will be coming by to water the tree. It never happened as apparently they "were not available". We were unfortunately away that weekend.

So please review the facts above and make the decision for yourself whether you want to deal with Martin and your company.

Not pleased in Richmond Hill
Not pleased in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Build a retaining garden wall.

This is a letter I wrote in March and got no response once again from Martin , the owner of ecogreen Tree and landscaping company, who did work for me in the beginning of December to do a simple retaining wall. Look at the picture below of the shoddy workmanship - no mitres when cutting the wood to join up evenly even when brought to Brody’s attention. Perhaps this company should stick to only cutting trees rather than ripping unsuspecting customers off!

Dear Martin,
Please call me to arrange a time that Jim can come to my home to fix the very poor workmanship of a simple retaining wall that your employee Brody and his helper installed in front of my existing garden last December 2017, as you promised he would.

I did not write a bad review as I said I would in my letter from December because again, I wanted to give you a chance with the warmer weather to redeem your company’s name.
A good name is all someone really has when things are all said and done.

Now is the Time to right a wrong.

Result to my numerous phone calls and letters:
I got no response from the owner Martin and am fed up, so am now writing a review of this company ecogreen tree service and landscaping in Richmond Hill, Ontario.

Picture of the Maple tree that was pruned - ridiculous work

Donald in Richmond Hill
Donald in Richmond Hill

Tree servicing and pruning

I hired Martin and the crew to prune some big Poplars I had on site. Several branches were serious liabilities. Brodie, Ryan and crew did a fantastic job. A pleasure to deal with this company. Fully professional and, more importantly, highly skilled! The ONLY tree service company i will use.

Tree Servicing

You don’t get service like this very often any more. Martin gave us a very fair quote for the work we wanted done and Brody, Supervisor and his team including Ryan, Owen and Jim their groundsman did an excellent job. The worked efficiently and left our trees looking better than ever. They cleaned up every scrap. Thanks for the excellent job.

Rose from Thornhill
Rose from Thornhill

Oak tree classic grooming

This professional tree company is business! Immediate response.
Every single person of the crew listened with attention my request and took care of the immaculate trimming and esthetics's that the oak tree required.
The tree was so appealing that two of my neighbors ask for their services already.
Very professional team with the all the tools required for the job.
110 in customer service. They take care to every single detail.
GREAT JOB!!!

Tree pruning service

Martin and his crew arrived promptly, understood what our two big, old trees needed (an elm and a silver maple) in terms of pruning for both safety and esthetic reasons, and did an excellent job. The elm was interfering with cable TV and telephone lines, as well as the higher up hydro line coming into the house. That was a tricky job! Our trees now look beautiful, are safe, and there will be a lot more sunlight coming into the garden underneath now, too, an added bonus. They also removed a big, ugly stump. The clean up was excellent, not a scrap nor a twig left for us to deal with. Thanks, Martin and crew for an outstanding job.

You are most welcome Beverly (and Bob). I just love the environment you've created for yourselves and I was only too happy to make your house as much of a home for you two, as I could. Many thanks for your kind words and I'll follow up with you for the "Deep-Root Fertilization" you require in the spring. This will create both vitality and density.
Martin L. - Owner ecogreenlandscape.ca 905-884-6089

Don Bowles in Newmarket
Don Bowles in Newmarket

Tree Services

Fantastic, very professional tree trimming and yard cleanup done by Martin & crew.
My neighbor across the street hired EcoGreen to trim their very tall tree and so I also hired Martin to work on my overgrown Maple.
I was impressed with the skill and care that they exercised in completing the job.
My tree had spread outward posing a danger to the hydro wires and shading too much of my lawn.
They completed the job quickly and thoroughly in a cheerful, professional manner.
Would highly recommend them to anyone needing tree services.

Looking for Tree Service pros in Richmond Hill?