Quick Appliance Repair

David Van in Surrey
David Van in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

FRIGIDAIRE WASHER NO POWER

I highly recommend this company. Over the years the have repaired almost all of my appliances. The technicians ( I met most of them) are very professional, pleasant, and punctual. They are truly excellent, and I would definitely keep using their services. I would highly recommend the technician Andy

Private User reviews West Vancouver, BC

Incompetent!

I have a 20+ year old Thermadore double wall oven. It has always worked amazingly until recently when the lower oven would only heat up to about 200 degrees F. I called a reputable repair company but the earliest appointment was in a week's time. I decided to call another company (Quick Appliance Repair) and they came that same day. The Quick Appliance Repair Technician stuck a thermostat in the lower oven and confirmed that it only heated up to 200 degrees and then informed me that since the oven is old parts are no longer available for it and charged me $120 for the service call. He didn't check any thing else and said he thought it was a thermostat issue and suggested I purchase two new thermostats to try but there was no guarantee. Not thinking this sounded right, I asked a few questions to which he answered that he has more than 10 years experience and then went on to tell me that the thermostats wouldn't fit anyways so just pay the service call which I did. Anyways, the initial repair company that I had contacted in the first place called me back because I had made a tentative appointment with them in case I couldn't get someone to come look at my oven. Over the phone, this other technician was able to accurately diagnose that it sounded like a fuse issue and suspected that the lower oven was only firing on 120 volts as opposed to 240 volts. He suggested I look at the fuse box for the oven unit which should be located somewhere close. Sure enough, the fuse box was on top of the oven and one of the switches was turned off. I turned the switch on and voila my oven works like a charm. this other company did not even charge me for helping me fix my oven. I should have waited for them in the first place. Instead I was charged $120 for nothing. Lesson learned.

Faye from Vancouver
Faye from Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Fridge Repair

There are different phone numbers listed under this company: (604) 259-5946, (604) 438-6358 or (604) 357-4751. Try to avoid this company as they over-charge their jobs and do not keep their promises. We had problem with our fridge as the temperature was rising in the cooling compartment. The technician (Andy) came and gave us an estimate of over $500 to replace the entire control panel. We did not want to go ahead with the repair initially as we thought it would be better for us to replace the fridge. But after he made us all kind of promises including a money-back guarantee, we decided to go ahead with the repair. Later, we found out he way over-charged the part. Upon confronting him, we received a small refund cheque in the mail. The fridge worked for about 10 days after the repair and the temperature again started to rise. When he came back for the second time, all he did was instructing us to unplug the fridge and let it totally thawed out for more than 24 hours, meaning wasting all our frozen foods in the freezer compartment. After we did that and plugged it back, the temperature was good for only a few days. We got so frustrated and called him again. He did not offer any solution and promised to get us a refund on the part after talking to his manager. From that point on, it was all stalling and excuses. When we talked to the manager, she just bluntly said that they could not refund us any money. We have found this company very unreliable and unprofessional. We are planning to take our case to the local Better Business Bureau.

Julie from Vancouver
Julie from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Kitchen oven repair

This company is unprofessional. I booked a service call the called me back to say they double booked and I graciously re booked. They called me again to say they had to cancel before Christmas after I had cancelled a service call with another company. They have the worst customer service. BEWARE

More about Quick Appliance Repair

We specialize in Appliance Repair
Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Surrey?