Appliance Repair London Ontario

markiemark39 in London
markiemark39 in London
1 review London, ON

A frustrating experience

Fridge and freezer running warm (or cool at best). Repair man came, chunked away a large ice build up. He could barely speak English, could not communicate what was wrong or what the issue was. He would not send paper invoice, and basically just grunted for us to pay $480 to repair our defroster (by replacing main switchboard). $240 part plus $185 labour plus tax. I did not want to pay half, wanted some time to think about options, but he said only option was to pay half. He was unable to communicate much more. Just that defrost was broken, and we pay half today. Because of the lack of communication, I looked into defrost issues online, learned that many will fix switchboard in error as there are alternate other things it could be. He did not bother checking anything else, only chipped the ice away, and then decided the switchboard was broken. I know this because to check the other things you need a multimeter and need to check behind the fridge- 2 things he did not do. I ended up calling KitchenAid for some advice, they send it seemed probable the switchboard was misdiagnosed and to cancel it and they were going to send me a different part for free that should fix the issue described. In hindsight, should have called KitchenAid right away. Anyway, called in to cancel, they said it was too late and that I am on the hook for full repair. We went back and forth, they attempted to cancel it for me, but said it was too late, and I had to pay. We ended up settling that I would pay for a product I do not need, plus the 89 for their service call, plus 40 for shipping and tax, and came to $385. I appreciate I should pay for a part, but they did not seem to understand nor care that the part was misdiagnosed, that their technician did not do a FULL job to determine the problem, and that his utter inability to communicate with us was an issue. If he could communicate or understand, a lot of this issue could have been avoided. And the person on the phone- cannot recall name- did try to cancel it, I will give them that, but otherwise was not understanding of the issue, and attempted to say that I was the issue. When I asked to talk to a manager or to submit an appeal- she said I was not allowed to, and that she would submit one on my behalf, but that she would write it. When we chatted on the phone a second time, she then said SHE WAS the manager. When confronted on that, she denied me asking to speak to one earlier.
I think it would be advisable to many to avoid this company! It was a very disappointing experience.

Private User reviews London, ON

ARS in London are not reputable and overcharge... lots!

Service call was late and eventually they told us that a non-specific part was broken. They actually wanted $270 to install a simple part. Told us it was $190 for the part, $80 for labour... turns out the part is available everywhere for $10. ($180 markup on a $10 part) What a bunch of dishonest people.... beware of ARC. The service charge is free only if you get them to fix it.... but they pad the price a whole lot so even that is not worth it. The final straw... the Invoice does not even list the specific part # broken so totally useless if you don't get them to do the service.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Dishwasher Repair - Waste of Money

This company offers free service calls if you get it fixed by them. What they don't tell you is that they charge a flat rate $180.

The "fix" lasted a couple of cycles and is broken again. Called around and was priced approx $100 (service call included) by other companies.

When I contacted the company to say that $200 for less then an hour was excessive, they responded "It would be" but we charge flat rate.

Private User reviews London, ON

Refrigerator Repair

I was very impressed and happy with the service I received. The weather in London had been causing total chaos with non stop snow for 2-3 days and no plowing was getting done. When Carlos called to give me an arrival time, I offered to wait until the beginning of the week. He assured me he would be there Saturday. Carlos was able to fix the problem and offered advice on a better set up for the water line and placement of the fridge. He was extremely knowledgeable and capable. Exceptionally polite and pleasant.

Kate from London
Kate from London
1 review London, ON

stove repair

Our stove was not working and I called asking for same day service. The technician came on time and diagnoses the problems and gave us the fixing costs.
I am happy with the efficiency of your work and clear explanation.

More about Appliance Repair London Ontario

Appliance Repair Service London is a premier repair service provider in the London Ontario. With more than ten years of successfully diagnosing and repairing appliances, we are a leader in the service repair business. All our staff in the technical department are factory trained. Our technicians are in possession of ...
Looking for Appliance Repair pros in London?