Hills Moving Inc

Steve in Toronto
Steve in Toronto

What a Professional Experience

What a professional experience! May 30, 2020

We hired Hills moving, a hometown @Town of Ajax business with an existing solid reputation. The moved was pre-discussed with the professionals at Hills. They provided us with a recommendation of a 26’ truck and 3 men. We were able to book the move online which we loved. We offered a deposit to book the move but were advised this is not required. We were quoted a price per hour, which was reasonable and adhered to with absolutely no other hidden costs.

Within a day of the booking, we had 50 perfect sized boxes, loads of packing material and even packing tape delivered to our house. This gave us an easy month to prepare and didn’t have to worry about moving supplies!

Our move team, Charlie (Team Leader), Mario and Alex were very professional, polite, and energetic. The move was scheduled for 9:00 am. Charlie, called at 8:15 am to advise they could begin early if we wanted, but no pressure to do so. We were happy to start as soon as they could get there.

Throughout the day, the team was very committed to their tasks at hand. They disassembled furniture quickly but carefully and wrapped everything before loading onto the truck. We maintain a business at home with a computer network consisting of a dozen devices as well as a lot of very sensitive & expensive electronics diagnostic equipment. The team handled all of that brilliantly. All items arrived in perfect condition. We felt compelled at times to actually go and make sure they were getting adequate breaks and fluids as it seemed to us that they never really stopped. They were also equipped with fluids for the whole team. Their gear and moving supplies (pads, packing, wrapping, boxes, hardware) were of the highest caliber, and they sure knew how to use it.

We actually had a delay at the new house which lasted a couple of hours. The professional moving team was calm and understanding as they waited before unloading. Their work reassembling everything was equally professional with all screws & parts kept in order and accessible.

Mid move, we actually had a call from the President of Hills, Brandon Hill just to make sure we were up to speed and comfortable with everything that was happening. We appreciated that.

This is a company that is motivated and completely committed to total customer satisfaction. I can’t advise whether Hills has the lowest price, but I can say with certainly that they delivery the highest value solution. We were beyond satisfied with our expectations being exceeded and we highly recommend Hills moving to anyone looking for a professional to take the worry out of moving.

Steve & Brigitte Boyd

Happy Camper in Peterborough
Happy Camper in Peterborough
1 review Peterborough, ON

Hills Moving

This company did a great job. Nothing missing. Nothing broken. The two-man crew (Charlie and Mario) showed up 15 minutes early and had the truck loaded in an hour. They had me moved into my apartment on the 6th floor within 90 minutes. The company also supplied me with moving boxes and tape. And the price was right.

Nightmare..do not use hills moving

Terrible, a nightmare, paid a fortune$2320.00 for an unfinished job. Left us in the lurch! Came 2 hours late and 4 men could only finish half the move between 2 addresses in Brampton, 20 minutes apart. They never turned up the next morning as owner said that he had no men allocated for our job and we should find someone from kijiji to complete the job.
Should be held accountable for all the aggravation caused to us due to their unfinished job leaving us in the lurch.
Jyoti

Ashley in North York
Ashley in North York

Burlington to Waterdown

Amazing service from booking through to completion. The guys called the morning of to confirm the time, arrived early and moved all my stuff without a scratch or a complaint. Super friendly and patient, even after I changed my mind on a few placements. Would absolutely recommend you guys to anyone... thanks so much.
Ashley

Hills Moving

Horrible moving experience! Unprofessional management. Out of control anger on the part of Brandon, the owner of the company! He used bullying tactics to get us to pay more for the move than what was originally agreed upon. Book elsewhere!

Private User reviews Oshawa, ON

The most unorganized moving NIGHTMARE

Recently moved from Ajax to Oshawa with Hills Moving and the movers where very unprofessional. They looked tired and overworked and the entire time complained about the job. There "free boxes" were below par and kept breaking when my son and daughter were packing out dishes. It took way over the estimated hours! The workers were moving at such a slow pace it was unbelievable. I called to complain and they told me that's the way it goes. It took them two different trips to complete the move. This was a month ago and I'm still finding new scrapes on the walls and broken items! DO NOT MOVE WITH THEM.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Very Impressed

We were very impressed with the friendliness and efficiency of the movers. Omar, Kevin and Sean are a great team. They made sure all of our needs were met throughout the day. I would definitely use Hills again.

Elwood Blues in Keswick
Elwood Blues in Keswick

Over priced and under-performing

I hired Hills to do a move from a storage unit into a house. It was the reverse from the previous moving company - they had done the same stuff, house to storage unit.

Hills' "3-man crew" couldn't match the performance of the other company's 2 men. Reason being, the other company actually sent 2 men. Hills sent me 2 boys and a girl. I complained and bounced some emails back and forth with them but, predictably, they stopped responding. At one point they tried to claim they had thrown me a freebie by moving my piano without surcharging me anything. They were advised about the piano from the 1st communication and that person told me it was included, that they didn't surcharge for things like that. And then they forgot to inform their crew that they would be moving a piano.

Just generally not a professional company. $300 more than the other company, and no distance involved, Hills move was Pickering to Pickering. The other company was faster and charged less and they had to travel to and from Brampton to Pickering. And still they were faster and cheaper.

Connie Maria Iozzo in Toronto
Connie Maria Iozzo in Toronto

movers

I am so pleased with the 3 Young Men helped Me move today at 12:30 (lunch), they were careful, fast, reasonably prices and trustworthy. I am so pleased with Hills moving and will continue to recommend them, thanks again

Private User reviews Ajax, ON

Moving Nightmare

Not on time. 1 ½ hours late. Very unorganized. A supervisor during the move should be on the job for direction. Haphazard placement of our belongings at new home even though we had everything colour-coded. Things for the garage were in the basement and vise-versa. Food boxes were found days later in the garage! Everything was in chaos.
We are seniors and this has caused us a tremendous amount of extra work. Runners and booties were not used as promised--carpets in both brand new home and sold home completely filthy. Multiple costly damages to our new home hardwood, carpets, walls and furnishings.
We had hired 4 guys and 2 trucks after the operations manager took a look at our home. The move went for 12 hours and they did not complete the job. We had to set up our own beds because the crew left at 9 p.m. that first day. A second day of another 8 hours was required. It was actually 4 truckloads (26’ trucks) to finish. The third day was required because they had left our ladders at the old address.
To cap it off, the owner Brandon is not customer friendly.

More about Hills Moving Inc

Hills Moving Inc includes ALL PACKING SUPPLIES FOR FREE. We also have NO FUEL SURCHARGE and NO MINIMUM HOURS WE PACK THE FIRST 25 BOXES FOR FREE Our mission is to provide the best services, fair prices and quality customer service on every move. As highly trained and professional movers, ...
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Whitby?