Reed Security

Reviews for Reed Security

Jason Wright in Saskatoon
Jason Wright in Saskatoon

Security System

I recently installed an alarm system at my home and I was impressed with both the pricing and the installation. For about $30 bucks a month I received a touchscreen alarm system, door coverage, motion coverage, warning decals and the install. I don't have a phone line and this system doesn't need one - came with an LTE connection. Works as promised! The install tech, Curtis, came early and was super polite. Well done Reed Security!

Hi Jason. Thank you so much for the review! We're Happy that you're Happy. We appreciate your business!

Chris in Saskatoon
Chris in Saskatoon

love the mobile app!

The Reed package comes with a mobile app called alarm.com. I can log into my home and control my door lock and thermostat. I also get alaerts when the kids get home after school. Love it!

We looked at a number of mobile app options to keep clients connected to their homes and businesses. ALARM.COM is the easiest to use and has the most features so we're glad you love it! Thanks for sharing.

Rick of Saskatoon in Saskatoon
Rick of Saskatoon in Saskatoon

Treated us like family

After comparing several security offerings is Saskatoon, we settled of Reed Security for their very professional and personal approach. They took time to visit our house, provide a quote, and helped us to analyze our quotes. In our case, they were not the cheapest, it just felt like the best deal. We had seen other reviews, and took the time to question them on the issues. They took the time to explain our contract showing us how it has changed. At the end of my contract it will become a month to month service. The service rates for the install where the same, if not better than most of the quotes we had. It was really nice to get everything we hoped for, remote monitoring, notification of alerts, even reminders if we forget to arm our system, on going support all with a simple monthly payment. They even covered our installation fees with a contract. The few times we have had a question l the staff at Reed Security have been friendly, and quick to help. We are very happy with our choice.

Hi Rick. We appreciate YOU as a client and we're happy that you're happy. Thanks for the praise!

Harry in Saskatoon
Harry in Saskatoon

Home Security

We went with Reed after reading online reviews and getting 3 quotes. The system is easy to use and has lots of different coverage for doors, windows, motion, flood, smoke, and temperature. I also like the phone app - I get text messages every time our kids arrive home after school. The staff are friendly too!

Thanks for the praise and your business! The ALARM.COM phone apps and notifications are very popular.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

They do not care about you when you need them.

Reed Security
35 Quebec Avenue
Saskatoon
SK
S7K 1V9

When you need this company’s support to fix even small thing over the phone, they are VERY unaccountable. They try to postpone your concern and your issue and even refuse to pass you the phone number of manager to talk to him. What the reception does is just transferring your call to another voice mail and does NOT try to help you. They say we prioritize our calls and without even knowing what your issue or concern is, they put you at the bottom of priority list. This company only looks good and respectful as long as you have not signed the contract and as long as they need your money.
They also try to push you toward signing a new contract. Before my first contract was over, I called to ask “month to month” payment instead of going to a new contract. However, they said, “you contract has been automatically renewed 3 months BEFORE the first contract expired and you should have called 3 months or more before finishing the original contract.
If you want to buy battery or any other supplies from them, they sell quite more expensive than local stores. I bought the battery of pad from Battery Boys much cheaper.
Although you are owner of the equipment, they do not give you password of system. They do not want that you add or remove any sensor to system and they want to do everything through them and pay $120.00 service call plus hours or any other costs.
Overall, this company does not have any value and respect for clients; they want just your money. I strongly suggest you do not go with this company

Sounds like you had a poor experience with us and we would like the opportunity to help you and get things on track. Sounds like you do not have one of our service plans. We have a number of new plans that include Equipment Warranty and On Site Warranty. We would love to chat with you about how we can turn a wrong into a right! Please call Brian, our Client Experience Manager, 306-653-3200.

Private User reviews Saskatoon, SK

Home security contracts - buyer beware

Check references before signing contract - do they dispatch in response to alarms - check if they actually dispatch police when they bill you for dispatching police. Cheap monthly fee but family has to feel safe. Also know that you don't give them 60 days notice for cancelling contract that they automatically renew for another 3 years & you are stuck for another 3 years. Do your due diligence before signing up.

Thanks for the review, but you are posting partial and incorrect information. We have thousands of references as well as online reviews and we're confident in our people and the solutions we offer to clients. We log all phone calls with clients and the authorities so it's very easy to determine if something went wrong or if there are any billing errors from the Police Department. The City of Saskatoon has a bylaw and they are the ones billing false alarm fine - security companies are the middle man. As far as cancelling, we expect our clients to honour their initial 3 or 4 year contracts as we are providing thousands of dollars of smart security equipment in exchange. After the initial term you can cancel by providing 30 days notice. There is NOT a multi year auto renew. The folks at Saskatchewan Finance Consumer Protection Division ensure this for all people signing home security contracts.

Jeffery Longstad from Saskatoon
Jeffery Longstad from Saskatoon
7 reviews Saskatoon, SK

Home Security System (monthly)

I have had Reed Security as my main Security Provider for several years now and can say without a doubt that they go above and beyond the call of duty. With Virgil Reed and the Reed Security Staff you will from the outset get customized, personal care which insures your safety. Reed Security's ongoing commitment to getting the latest in technology, maintaining and upgrading past installs and all the while treating their clients with honour is commendable and should be held up as a standard for all Security Companies. I Highly Recommend Reed Security to both the Business and Residential Communities!!

Thank you for the review!! We appreciate your choice to support us. We look forward to serving you!

More about Reed Security

ABOUT US Reed Security is your local smart security provider that Cares. #local #wecare #smarter We started our business nearly two decades ago and now protect thousands of People across Western Canada. To serve you better we have locations in Saskatoon, Regina, Prince Albert and Calgary. Solutions include Smart Alarms, ...
Looking for Alarm Systems pros in Saskatoon?