AKRON Roofing

Reviews for AKRON Roofing

wayne.skinner
wayne.skinner

replaced 32 year old cedar shake roof with eurolite heritage black slate roof

Akron tackled a very complex roofline in difficult weather conditions, and did a great job with care and professionalism.
The roofers were friendly, happy to answer questions about the procedure, and worked diligently until the job was completed.
I am very satisfied with the results, the roof looks spectacular. I have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.

Good morning Mr. Skinner, thank you very much for putting your trust in AKRoN Roofing and choosing us to install your EuroShield Roof. Our diligent crews continually impress us, and for that we're very proud of them. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and experience.

LG
LG

New roof

This company answered all our questions about various roofing materials and warranties. They even did up boards for us to better judge which product style would look better with our house. They didn't run out of patience and I wasn't made to feel like I was a bother.
They started the job when they said they would and came every day. Even the day that we had snow on the roof making it too slippery and unsafe to work, they came tot he door and apologized they couldn't work on it. It was very bitter cold when they did our roof and they worked when others wouldn't have. On top of that, our roof was extremely challenging with a 12-pitch and a 3-storey drop. Fabulous work ethic. Excellent company to deal with.

We are so very proud of the work done on this roof, and so pleased you had a great experience with AKRoN! Thank you for the review.

Paul a.
Paul a.

AKRoN Roofing installed a rubber product roof on a Home and Outbuilding

The re-Roofing project performed by AKRoN Roofing met and exceeded all our expectations from cost estimating, materials selection, through installation to follow-up upon job completion.
The Installation Team was excellent, great attention to detail and thorough site cleanup.
AKRoN provided continual job site management which we really appreciated, it took away the stresses of having re-roofing done.
The project was completed on budget, on time and the new roofs look great.
There is great comfort and security in having a good new roof overhead.
We recommend AKRoN Roofing based on the results achieved and because of the AKRoN Personnel.

This customer was a pleasure to work with! Thank you for the review, and thank you again for choosing AKRoN Roofing to install your Euroshield roofs!

hcoonfer
hcoonfer
1 review High River, AB

Roof replacement

What a great company! VERY EFFICIENT ! Rod was very professiomal and walked us through the whole process. We have had a couple of very bad windstorms since the roof replacement and not ome shingle has blown off! Hifhly recommend AKRoN roofing

Thank you so much for your review, it was a pleasure working with you. Always feel free to contact us with any questions whatsoever.

leeannem in Calgary
leeannem in Calgary

Roof replacement

I can't say enough good things about the service and efficiency of Rod and his crew!

Rod was a pleasure to deal with, he took the time to sit down with both my husband and I and discuss all of our options. At no time did he ever make us feel incompetent with our lack of knowledge.

The Roofing crew was polite and efficient. When they were done, their clean up was immaculate..... not a nail left behind!

Highly highly recommend AKRoN Roofing!!!!!!!!

We feel strongly about educating our customers and we are very proud of our amazing crews and their excellent work! Thank you for choosing AKRoN Roofing and submitting your review!

Melissa Vasseur in Calgary
Melissa Vasseur in Calgary

Bad Customer Service

I had AkRon roofing do the roof on my house and Quonset. After giving them around $30000 for a roof that is exceptional, the owners attitude changed when I had concerns about holes that were put in the shingles due to the roofers. Not to mention my lightning rods were placed at the bottom of my roof (serving absolutely no purpose). I purchased a roof that had a 50 year life, but got a roof that had holes in them. We did come to an agreement to patch the holes after asking him if they used silicone, he guaranteed that they would never use a sub product such as silicone. However they patched them with silicone which would mean I would have to re-patch them at around 10 years. After bringing this up with the owner, he sent someone back to take the silicone off, except they only patched over top of the silicone. I then called him back and his attitude towards me was as if I was stupid and didn't know what I was talking about (not to mention he hung up on me after I raised my voice due to him constantly interrupting me and moaning and groaning as if I didn't know what I was talking about). After going back and forth, they finally replaced the damaged shingles, only after a lot of stress and frustration.
The quality of roof is exceptional, I did a lot of research on GAF and the roofers were professional and left the place immaculate after finishing, but if you use AkRon, my advice to you is to hold the remainder of your bill until you are 100% satisfied and all deficiencies have been repaired..... And do not deal with Rodney, he gives the vibe that he is better than you and has poor customer care etiquette.
I have a couple rental properties and it would take quite a lot to give them my business (although he did mention that he didn't want my business or to ever deal with me again.) Makes you feel proud to give him $30000

This is the best bad review we've ever had and it is with heavy heart we feel we have to defend ourselves.

Mr. Jamie Vasseur posted this review through his wife's account, suggesting that somehow Rodney was over the top and abusive to a woman, and we take great offense, given this day and age, and it is without a doubt blatent slander. However, it fits in perfectly with Jamie Vasseur's bullying character. Sorry we had to correct him when he was wrong, but to come back and blatantly lie is beyond the pale. We expect a full throated apology.

Let it be said that at no point were there any “holes” left on Mr. Vassuer's roof. Mr. Vasseur's job (more than an hour North of Calgary) went exemplary, as he pointed out. In fact, he gladly paid in full and simply asked for two small adjustments on his roof. Mr. Vasseur wasn't happy with the placement of one of his lightening rods (we are not installers of lightening rods but we did try to accommodate) and the second issue was one exposed nail head (over 6,000 sf of roof surface, this, by any roofing standards, is phenomenal). Mr. Vasseur asked that sealant be put overtop of the nail head and that one lightening rod be relocated. He had previously been very satisfied with the use of a high end sealant around any protrusions. This product is called Flexmastic, a synthetic rubber and liquid flashing that we had used a tube version of at warmer temperatures (at about 18 degrees celcius) during the installation. Upon attempting to accomplish his adjustments, our worker Andrew inadvertently used a very high grade silicon-based sealant. This is when the trouble began.

Mr. Vasseur checked the work and said that he did not like simple silicon used on his roof and proceeded to become belligerent. We apologized and told him we would replace it with the approved Flexmastic. We sent Andrew back, who then cut off the silicon and used a trowel-grade Flexmastic, the previously approved sealant. A few days later Mr. Vasseur climbed up on his roof to check the work again. As it happened, he stuck his fingers in the Flexmastic, which hadn't set, thus wiping off our work. This is the moment when Mr. Vasseur showed his true nature. He called up in a complete rage, screaming about how we had used tar on his roof and he had got tar all over his phone and would not listen to Rodney explain that was Flexmastic. Rodney tried to explain that at lower temperature it takes a longer time to set but couldn't get a word in edgewise (in Mr. Vasseur's own words, this is when Rodney was “moaning and groaning”.) Rodney had nothing to do with Mr. Vassuer removing our sealant and putting it on his phone. He kept insisting that was “tar”, that it “smelled like tar”, that “it was tar.” I'm assuming that his reference to “tar” was that he thought it was a low-grade bitumen-based blackjack that we have NEVER used. Six times during this conversation we kept asking what we can do to placate his rage. Six times we were rebuffed and Mr. Vasseur continued yelling at Rodney. That's when Rodney had no recourse but to hang up on this man.

We urge anyone out there to consider that we have a policy of non-abuse at AKRoN Roofing and will not suffer at the hands of bullies. Mr. Vasseur had moved the goalpost of his satisfaction multiple times, and finally, only through emails, because clearly verbal communication was impossible, in our attempts to satisfy this man, we offered free air intake vents as a way to resolve his previously existing soffit issues which had nothing to do with the roof nor our contract with Mr. Vassuer. He finally accepted the offer (costing us $500 and saving him potentially $1,000 had he been forced to address his air intake issue in a different way) and so we sent Andrew a third time to: (a) install the intake ventilation free of charge; (b) change out whatever shingles Mr. Vassuer had issue with; (c) re-do the Flexmastic work Mr. Vasseur had removed; and (d) point out in person the EXACT product we used – showing him that in fact there was no “tar” used as a protrusion sealant, that it was in fact Flexmastic. He acknowledged he had been wrong and he was satisfied when Andrew left the job site.

However, still, after all of this, he goes on to write a vitriolic review and post to several review sites.

We caution any contractor out there to avoid marketplace interactions with Jamie Vassuer. As we told Mr. Vasseur, it boggles the mind why AKRoN would do any work with him again on his rental properties, and we will decline any further work with him in the future.

Perry Elliott in Brooks
Perry Elliott in Brooks
1 review Lake Newell Resort, AB

G.E.M. Eurolite Shake Roof Install

I first investigated first what type of roof I wanted to install. I decided it was a recycled rubber tire roof. I contacted the manufacture for info and asked for a few recommendations on their favorite installers. After meeting with and receiving quotes I decided on Akron Roofing. I couldn't be happier with this decision. All aspects of the job were perfect from the first phone call to the final inspection apon completion of the the job. All of the staff are very professional and courteous. I am very pleased to give Akron my highest recommendation.

Thank you Perry for your business and the review.

Daniel R. from Calgary
Daniel R. from Calgary

New Roof

After getting estimates from several businesses, I found a flyer from these guys in my mailbox and gave them a try. I was instantly impressed by the pair of fellows they sent out to look at my leaking roof, who gave me a no-nonsense run-down of costs. They also saw the government issue CADPAT jackets hanging in my front entryway and told me the owner sometimes gave discounts for military personnel. I was very impressed by that. The owner in fact came out to talk during the work. He was personable and never came off as a huckster - he has obviously been in the business for a while and spoke eloquently about the technical merits of the materials he was providing, why certain work was being done, etc. He was very candid about what I did or didn't need and I never felt like he was trying to sell me the most expensive materials or cheapest labour. The workers were all bonded and my yard was cleaned up afterward to my satisfaction. Nothing was damaged. I would certainly recommend this company to anyone else.

Thank you Daniel, for your business and the review.

More about AKRON Roofing

AKRoN Roofing is a family owned and operated business, led by Rodney and Deanna Gabrielson. We take pride in our work, and we will work closely with you to ensure that you receive the service you need for your project.

Rodney Gabrielson
About Rodney Gabrielson

Rodney Gabrielson has over 20 years of experience roofing in Southern Alberta. He has worked on projects as large as the Balm residence, the largest in-city house in Canada (a three-year, all natural slate project); managed a French gothic-style, 11,000 square foot cathedral in Kananaskis (also slate); and projects from Kelowna, BC to Regina, SK. Experienced with asphalt, concrete tile, cedar shake, natural slate and rubber products, Rodney brings a wealth of expertise and the highest standards of application to AKRoN Roofing.

He has travelled throughout the world and enjoys painting and backcountry hiking. He holds Red Seal International Chef papers and, alongside his musician wife, often enjoys the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra. In March of 2011 Rodney became the proud father of a baby boy.

Deanna Gabrielson
About Deanna Gabrielson

With ten years of commercial real estate experience in leasing and lease documentation, Deanna Gabrielson brings a wealth of marketing, administration and contract knowledge to AKRoN Roofing. She worked for Heritage Property Corporation as property manager, held various positions in leasing at Tonko Realty Advisors and was Senior Lease Documentation Administrator at Bentall Kennedy (Canada) LP.

Deanna has an obsession with grammar and a talent for attention to detail. Educational growth and knowledge acquisition are driving factors in her job and life satisfaction. Working from a home office also brings the great satisfaction of maximizing time with her family and the pursuit of her music education.