Paramount Painting & Renovations

Paramount Painting & Renovations

Review for Paramount Painting & Renovations

Private User reviews Cambridge, ON

bathroom reno

I am happy with the completed bathroom, however I met with several glitches with regards to the process. Firstly, the person sent to work on my project was new to the company and was not trained in their methods. He had the skill set to do the job, but lacked guidance and training. Consequently, he was slow to complete the room. It took nearly three weeks to complete the work in a 6x8 ft. room. The ceiling over the tub was replaced. A ceramic tub surround and a 24 sq.ft. porcelain floor were installed. The room was painted. The bathtub resurfacing was subcontracted out. A plumber installed new bath fixtures. Some of the work by the initial workman had to be corrected by another person. The trim paint had to be redone as the first workman used my flat off-white wall paint on my glossy door and window trim. He neglected to paint a few spots, such as a wall vent and medicine cabinet. The baseboard had to be reworked as a corner was not mitered and the grout had to be removed from the tile. I was charged for the corrected work, so paid twice for the work on these areas. I was given a 10% break on the hours of work performed by the first person, but do not feel that this was sufficient. This company charges by the hour, plus materials. My total bill was about $1300 over the estimated cost, after material costs and tax.
All of the individuals I encountered with Paramount were polite and trustworthy. Their clean up was fastidious.
Had I not encountered the issue with having an untrained workman and if I felt that the time taken was justified and had I not been charged for the corrected flaws, I would give this company a much better rating. The workman who corrected things was excellent.
I chose this company because of their stellar reviews. I now realize that they have a promotion manager who chooses which to feature. I was asked to do a testimonial for the company by this person, who in fact, posted a review himself.

I'm sorry to hear that your experience with our firm wasn't consistent with that of our previous clients. We have been going through some growing pains as we have moved locations over the past year. I was hoping you could give me some more details of your experience so that I can ensure these matters don't perpetuate into our future. I can be reached at 519-501-4420 ext.200 or you can email me at kyle@paramount-renovations.com.

Respectfully,

Chief Executive Officer
Kyle O'Brien

More about Paramount Painting & Renovations

As a premier renovations company in the Kitchener-Waterloo region, Paramount has provided over a decade of first-rate service to local clients ranging from small homes to commercial buildings and office projects. Paramount is steadfastly dedicated to quality and professionalism, and this has enabled us to build a large and growing ...
Looking for Kitchen Planning & Renovation pros in Waterloo?