Mark H Smith Designs Inc.

formerly Markedly Better Design, Drafting & Permit Services
Drafting Service
690 Crawford St. Toronto M6G 3K2
HomeStars  >  Drafting Service in Toronto  >  Mark H Smith Designs Inc.

Reviews for Mark H Smith Designs Inc.

nevin.singh in Toronto

Mark is an effective communicator and provided great service from the day I signed up to the day I received my second set of building permits over a year later. Mark came up with creative solutions for the open concept design I wanted as well as the approach I should take with the city in order to start work on the building quicker. Mark was also an invaluable part of the Committee of Adjustments (“CofA”) process. He diligently prepared the case and did a great job of representing my project and he was successful in obtaining a minor variance for the third floor addition and basement apartment portion of the project.
The total project involved a complete renovation and two storey addition of a fully detached three-storey home. Mark thoughtfully redesigned the floor plans for each floor of the building in order to provide the open concept living we desired and a separate one bedroom apartment in the basement. The project did have some challenges during construction, but Mark was able to effectively navigate the issues at hand and come up with timely solutions. Overall, I would recommend Mark and would use him again for any future projects.

Thank you Nevin for writing this thoughtful review. You were fantastic to work with on this project. Everything from your creative design ideas to your thoughtful questions throughout the process helped make the final design beautiful and made the project a pleasure to be a part of from beginning to end.

Steven Aprile in Toronto

Great experience of professionalism and collaboration to get the perfect plan. The timeline was as promised. Mark is great at what he does! He took the time to ensure that all the details were taken care of.

Thank you for your kind words Steven. It was pleasure working with you and I really appreciate you taking the time to write this thoughtful review. I think your excitement and thorough involvement in the design process along with your great ideas and contributions really made this project special and come together so well with the final design.

Missy in Toronto

Mark was helpful from the first conversation. I had no idea where to start when we decided to demolish and rebuild our garage. I hadn't even hired him and he was full of info and advice. He kept time lines and kept in contact with us. I don't have a single complaint. Thanks Mark . Sarah and Ethan

Thank you Sarah for the excellent review. I am glad I could help you in every way from before we started working together, until the desired permit was in your hand. I am so glad that you and Ethan can now be working towards building the garage you really wanted. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with you both, It was a pleasure. I look forward to seeing the finished garage.

Lynne from Guelph
1 review Lion'S Head, ON

Our experience working with Markedly Better Design, Drafting and Permit Services was professional, timely and thorough. Mark Smith's ideas and communications were helpful, and promised deadlines were met. Helpful contacts in the area were made with Mark's knowledge of local resources. Permit needs and application procedures were also organized. Overall a very pleasant experience in our renovation process.

Brenda Kerton from Lion'S Head
1 review Lion's Head, ON

We are adding to our log cabin. Mark was great to work with re helping us achieve a buildable design that would work with existing rooflines. He made adjustments based on feedback and it was a very collaborative process. He also handled getting the permit in place for us. Good service, good price, good experience.

Sean Thomas from Waterloo
1 review Wiarton, ON

We are renovating our cottage, Mark did a terrific job assisting us with design and providing architecture drawings for our contractors. He also ensured all permits were properly in place.

Warren from Guelph
1 review Stokes Bay, ON

As our family grew, the entrance to our lake home was getting cramped with insufficient space for multiple guests to stand and get coats on. We also needed another half bath for all the guests. Mark came up with several good solution,s, one of which we approved, and hope to start construction in 2015. We found Mark to be very customer-oriented, punctual, and creative. We actually enjoyed working with him on this project.

Thank you for your kind words, Warren, and for taking the time to write our first review on HomeStars; I really appreciate it! It was a pleasure to work with you and Barbara, especially as you had a very poor experience involving lack of creativity and customer service while designing your home with a previous architect. I'm glad that I was able to provide you with several good solutions to your home addition; it was a very interesting design problem to work on, especially given the various elements of the front of your home, and a very enjoyable experience for me to work with both of you. I wish you all the best with the completion of your renovation and I look forward to seeing the completed product. Thanks again! Sincerely, Mark

More about Mark H Smith Designs Inc.

Offering a complete design service, I work with you directly, taking care of the entire design and permit acquisition phase of your project. If you're interested in working with me on your next project, please email [email protected] ca or call 647 609 0333