Restoration 1 Ottawa

Fire & Water Damage Restoration
HomeStars  >  Fire & Water Damage Restoration in Ottawa  >  Restoration 1 Ottawa

Reviews for Restoration 1 Ottawa

Kyle from Ottawa
Kyle from Ottawa
6 reviews Ottawa, ON

Century Home toilet drain water damage on 3 floors

Restoration 1 is a first class company I would recommend to anyone. I had a slow leaking (over a period of some months/years--I just moved in a few months ago and the pipe in question turned out to be around 80yrs old) toilet drain. I will leave to your imagination how disgusting this was!!
This was during a long w/end but Robert was there within the hour to assess the damage and Tyler showed up shortly after to start the clean up. Naturally this happened on the top floor not the ground floor! All 3 bathrooms were affected. The first day Tyler did hours of emergency cleaning and I was very satisfied with the results. As a health care professional I was more aware than I wanted to be of the potential health hazard. The work took a week and ended up completely gutting 2 of the 3 bathrooms. Tyler and his colleague were very diligent, spread mats throughout the 2 apartments, cleaned up every day, and left whatever they could functional on a daily basis. They also took great and friendly care around our cats and dog. Meanwhile Robert also takes care of the insurance claims and recommended various contractors to rebuild.
I hope you don't need them but if you do, you won't be disappointed. Thanks again
PS I will update this review when I find out the cost.

Roberto in North Gower
Roberto in North Gower

Damage control and removal

We suffered a sewage and waste water flood, Ottawa 1 restoration took my call at 4 am and confirmed they’d be at my house in the morning. They came, they cleaned up and took excellent care of us

Paul in Orleans
Paul in Orleans

Basement Floating Floor Mould

After I moved into my new home, I decided to install a workshop in the basement. As the floor was covered with a floating floor, I decided to removed part of it for my work area. The underpad was full of mould. The previous owners had used a felt underpad with an integrated polyehtylene cover on top. Such a method is meant for wooden main or upper level floors, but certainly not for a concrete basement floor. The felt absorbs all of the humidity produced by the concrete, and the polyethylene film traps it in - a perfect set-up for mould. When I contacted the Restoration 1 team, Jamie Luck was quick to respond and quick to understand the problem. His team responded on short order. They sealed off the basement from the rest of the house, removed all of the mouldy flooring, underpad and baseboards, cleaned up the mould and installed industrial ventilation equipment to purge the area of any airborne mould. They were very competent, efficient, polite and enthusiastic. Above all, they were very honest, giving me options along the way. I never felt that they would recommend work that I did not need. I will recommend them to anyone who needs mould or water damage restoration work to be carried out.

Thank-you very much Paul. Nobody wants these sort of unpleasant surprises after buying a new home but we were happy we could help you out. - Jamie

Jaki in Ottawa
Jaki in Ottawa

Basement restoration after flooding

My basement was quite damaged. A pipe had burst and flooded 80% of the floor. The entire floor had to be replaced and as a result the walls were dried and cleaned up, baseboards replaced, and walls and doors painted fresh.
I was particularly impressed with the efficiency of the work, the attention to details, and professionalism.

Jaki thank-you so much for the kind words. It was certainly a pleasure working with you. - Jamie

Ren
Ren

Walls and bathroom

I needed my work done at my house twice. The people from this company were always professional; did an excellent job; we’re very thorough; were always on time and did the work as promised, exceededing my expectations both times. I was so impressed that I had to write a review, first time in my life. I have had work done at my house before and never asked the people back. This company is now my go to company.

Thank-you Renata! It was a pleasure working with you. - Jamie

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Flooded basement and significant cleanup

Had a leaky outside cinder block wall and part of the basement experienced some flooding.

Restoration 1 came in and did an amazing job of removing damaged drywall and a nailed down sub floor. They then did a great job of dealing with the mold.

Later on they recommended a contractor to rebuild the main area of the basement. He also did an excellent job. I intend to have them send this contractor back again in the spring to rebuild the one room remaining.

These were great clients to work with. We hope they won't ever have another water issue, but if they do they know we will take care of them.

Water loss

This was the first time I had to deal with a flooded basement due to cracked pipes, it wasn't a pleasant scene. I was referred to Restoration 1 by a friend and gave them a call. I was quite impressed with the level of professionalism and turn around time. They were pleasant to deal with and made sure all of my concerns were looked after. The job was completed ahead of estimated time and I was very pleased with the pricing, much cheaper than I anticipated.

I'd definitely recommend them to anyone looking for help with water damage, you won't be disappointed.

Thank you for the review. We were happy to help!

David in Ottawa
David in Ottawa

Washing Machine Leak Damage Fixed Promptly

Our washing machine leaked and damaged the ceiling in the kitchen. I called early afternoon and by the evening we were set up with a dehumidifier in the laundry closet and a blower in the kitchen below. to dry everything out.

The chaps were friendly and even entertained our 3-year-old who was very interested in what was going on.

I couldn't be happier with the service.

Glad we were able to help

Marlene in Ottawa
Marlene in Ottawa

Dishwasher leak

I was very impressed with this company. They came in assessed the problem and got to work right away. They were very professional and did a very good job in the renovations. My place looks better now than it did before!! I definitely recommend this company to anyone who's looking to do renovations.

Happy to help!

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

basement after-floor cleanup and reno, as well as ground floor ceiling reno

We received professional, timely and high quality services for a flooded basement. They were excellent communicators, and precise workers. Even their sub-contractors had the same high caliber workmanship. I have absolutely no criticism to make, and will definitely recommend them to those who need their services.

Glad we were able to help

More about Restoration 1 Ottawa

At Restoration 1 Ottawa we specialize in water damage restoration services. We also offer mould remediation, fire and smoke clean up and storm response services.

We take care of cleaning up and rebuilding from any water damage with our extraction service and state of the art drying systems.

We can help you to remove of all the water, dry your carpets, floors, walls and furniture to restore your home or office to its original condition or even better. We perform restoration services for both residential and commercial properties.

No job is too big or too small for us. Since we work with the insurance company, but not for the insurance company, our commitment is to you, the property owner and your needs. Restoration 1 will take complete care of you and guide you through the entire process of getting your property back to normal as quickly as possible. Please read on to find out how we can be at your assistance.