Toronto ON M9W 4P1

Reviews for Thermo Cool Mechanical

GMELEK in Toronto
GMELEK in Toronto

HVAC Bedroom & Living Room Installation

I contracted thrermo cool 3 times and each time they were very responsive and diligent. They come and do the repairs in a timely manner. A little costly but worth it.

Good day,
Thank you for the feedback. We truly appreciate your loyalty and continued businesses.

COOL CONDO in Saint-Quentin
COOL CONDO in Saint-Quentin

New AC/Heat pump

Our Tenant sent us an email to say that the AC wasn't cooling in our Condo downtown Toronto.
We called Thermo Cool Mechanical & Rajpreet (Raj) Atwal from Service Department was very helpful.
She did her best & assisted in confirming a service call for a few days later.
The technicians arrived on time & had to take the compressor away for a bench test.
The results of the Bench Test were conveyed by Pina who works in the Dispatch department of ThermoCool Mechanical.
We had the option to Repair or Replace the AC/Heat Pump
We decided to replace the AC/Heat Pump and Pina went out of her for us.
A new AC was purchased and this morning David, technician from Thermo Cool installed a new AC/ Heat Pump. Our tenant sent me and email to say that David was very professional, the condo was finally cooling.
It's been a pleasure dealing Raj & Pina & I will certainly continue using Thermo Cool Mechanical thanks to their pleasant customer service skills and David's professionalism.- Nutan Poole
nutan.poole1@gmail.com
30Welligton
M5G 1S3

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is always a pleasure hearing that our Thermo Cool Mechanical team has provided you with the upmost service. We appreciate your business and look forward to hearing from you soon with the semi-annual heat pump maintenance!

R.Reynolds
R.Reynolds

AC/heat pump in condo

I will never use this company again. My unit was removed from my condo. They are demanding a "return fee" of $90 plus tax to return it to me. I was told by the technician that the unit could be repaired. A "bench test" was done at the shop - an additional cost of $85 plus tax that I was not told about. The cost of repairs is almost $3,000 plus tax and is "highly not recommended".

Coincidentally, the cost of a new replacement unit , which they were recommending - their in-house brand - was almost the same amount.

When I informed them that I would have someone pick up my unit, I was told that it would not be ready for pickup for another day because there was not a single technician in the shop! This supports the view that this company wants people to purchase new units and not have them repair anything. The Manager chose not to call in a technician to get my unit ready for pickup any sooner.

This is the level of customer service provided by this company. It is unacceptable.

Hello,

I am the service manager at Thermo Cool Mechanical and I apologize that you feel the service provided was not up to your standards.

With regards to the pricing we have corresponded with you why we do not recommend repairing the unit and advised you about your different options. All costs were outlined to you and you approved the charges via email.
With regards to picking up your unit; we received instruction from you (via email) at 10:30 PM on Tuesday that you would like to pick up your unit Wednesday morning. This email was received when we opened at 8:00 AM and you received a prompt reply informing you that the unit is still opened (the unit is not put back together until we receive instruction on how you would like to proceed, repairs or unrepaired). Our technicians are dispatched first thing in the morning prior to the office being opened.

Furthermore, you insisted that we remove a technician from a customer who scheduled an appointment during regular business hours to return to the shop to put back your non-functioning unit. You demanded that the unit be ready for pick-up by 11:00 AM today. We informed you via multiple emails that your unit will be ready by noon today. It is near the end of the day and you have yet to pick up your unit.

Thermo Cool Mechanical Management

Dhanni in Toronto
Dhanni in Toronto

supply and install heat pump

The heat pump stopped working after 4 years in my 4 years old condo. After much frustration, I called a technician from another company who told me that I needed to get a new heat pump so a friend recommended Thermo Cool Mechanical. I called them, got a quote and had them supply and install the equipment. The technician, Brandon, arrived on time on the day of the appointment. He explained in simple terms what the problem was with the broken heat pump which made sense to me for the first time. He continued to explain what he was doing during installation. When he finished the installation, he explained in details how to operate the heat pump. I was very impressed with Brandon as he was very knowledgeable and more importantly, how he explained the mechanics in simple terms. I called my friend and thanked him for his recommendation of Thermo Cool Mechanic and I will use them to do my annual maintenance.

Thank you for your positive feedback.

As a company we feel proud that we were able to exceed your expectations. We pride ourselves in hiring technicians who can provide the highest level of customer service.

If you have any questions or concerns with your unit; please give us a call and one of our knowledgeable staff members will be happy to help you out.
We look forward to seeing you again for your annual maintenance.

Thermo Cool Mechanical Management

Alison H. in Toronto
Alison H. in Toronto

Heat Pump fix

My a/c cut out and I had an idea of what it could be but had no idea who to call to come fix it. There was a sticker on my heat pump with Thermo Cool's info so I contacted them on their website. I had a quick response the next morning (I contacted them originally at night). While making arrangements to have someone come to look at it, I was given the hourly rate and told that parts would be extra and told that they would call an hour ahead of when the technician would arrive. I called the morning of the appointment to find out where I was in the lineup of the day's work (their suggestion). They called me to let me know that the technician was held up at the first appointment and then again when he was on his way to my place. The technician was fantastic when he showed up and told me the possibilities of what could be wrong and what steps he would take to find out what the problem was. Thankfully (for me) it was a minor issue and easily resolved. All in all, it was GREAT service!

Hello Alison,
Thank you for your review and positive feedback. I’m happy that you were pleased with our service. Please stay connected to our facebook / instagram / twitter as we do offer seasonal promotions.

Air conditioning

Will never be using them again .Worst customer service. Had a great experience once previously , however my recent service was beyond disappointment. When I received a call to quote the price I was never told there will be additional charges for the labour, I thought the price was final for everything: included the labour and the part. However on my bill I saw double the amount that I was quoted and on top I've asked them to put through the charge on a different card and they failed to do so. When I called to try to resolve the issue the lady was very rude, said that everything she said is on file but when I asked her to provide me with the ntoes/ voice recording, she wouldn't even want to speak to me and said she will pass my phone # to the manager, from who I haven't heard back yet. Very disappointing. In the world where there is so much competition, I would assume they will work hard on clientelling and customer service but I guess that's not the priority. I will never be using this company and will make sure our building will not be services by them. (as a metter of fact when I asked the concierge who to go to with the problem, thrmocool wasn't one of the options) I'm really upset I went to them.

Hi, I am the office manager at Thermo Cool Mechanical. Part of my responsibility is resolving any issues regarding our work and customer complaints.

I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that we do take this matter very seriously which is why I did speak with you over the phone in regards to you above noted concern.

As previously discussed we do have a standard labour rate and parts are additional. This was presented to your and all our customers upon scheduling a service call. I do apologize as there must have been some sort of misunderstanding that parts are inclusive of labour. This is not the case, nor have we ever offered yourself previously or our clientele all inclusive pricing as each situation is unique.

In good faith, when we were speaking I did offer a credit to the account and the adjustments were made that day. It was mutually agreed upon and the credit was accepted on your end. It is unfortunate following our conversation that you still unhappy with the out come.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience and should you wish to further discuss contact me.

idubbz from Toronto
idubbz from Toronto

condo hvac repair

Charging excessively high costs for parts (x10 normal cost of part).

Got service on Dec 10, 2014. Had requested quote, but no quote was provided aside from labor stating "parts depends on issue at hand".

Serviceman corrected issue btw 8:30 and 9:30am, as requested, however when i asked how much the parts were he wouldn't provide answer. He called in and asked and immediately i was astonished of the high prices for two small components that are readily purchased at hardware stores: 25 MFD capacitor and Relay.

From my estimation, these parts do not cost more than $20 total. I was charged 210$ for these two small parts.

When i called to complain to customer service rep, she simply replied "this is how much we sell them for" without any validation of these charges.

I think its unethical to overcharge for parts. 10-25% markup is expected but not 1000%.

Niki
Niki

HVAC Repair

Avoid this company like the plague!

I was unfortunately referred to Thermal Cool Mechanical at 15 Airview Road by my Property Management when my heating unit failed. Dealing with this company has been nothing but a complete waste of my money, time and energy. Not to mention stress.

They charged me almost double for parts (I found this out after the fact), they conveniently failed to suggest looking at my warranty, they put an unadvised $500 hold on my credit card when they took it for a bench test, they “suggested” replacing my entire unit with theirs instead of repairing it (and the repair cost was almost as high as the replacement cost ), they charged me to return my unit unrepaired ($85.00), and they JUST posted an unauthorized charge to my credit card after I just confirmed them on the phone that my account was settled. Something else to deal with now.

They quoted me $2200+ HST to repair my unit. I just paid $1100+HST with a reputable company (see my review for Thermal Exchange)

I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau about this shady company.

More about Thermo Cool Mechanical

Since established in 1983 Thermo Cool Mechanical has been providing heating, air conditioning, and ventilation (HVAC) services all over the Greater Toronto Area. Thermo Cool has grown significantly over the past 10 years. We have centered our attention to heating and cooling for high rise buildings.

All our technicians are fully trained and certified on all equipment we work on. Additionally, we are factory trained for most common brands of water source heat pumps. Our trucks are fully stocked with all the parts required to complete the job.

We offer custom replacement units to our condominium customers. Additionally, we provide indoor air quality products adaptable to condominium suites.

Our shop is a fully equipped repair shop for water source heat pumps. We properly clean and service all major repairs in shop. This allows us to complete the job properly and efficiently.

In recent years Thermo Cool has made it a goal to improve their customer service. We offer friendly dealings, along with twenty-four hour emergency service. Keeping our clients informed and educated is a must. We treat all of our customers and potential customers with respect, understanding the importance of their HVAC needs.

Our technicians carry some of the most advanced tools known to the trade, giving them an instant advantage over the competition. This not only provides the technician with more confidence, it also allows the customer to put their mind at ease.

Thermo Cool is concerned with energy management. The main advantages of energy management are: saving our customers money and assisting in the struggle against the depletion of our environment. By offering energy management tactics, such as digital thermostats and more advanced HVAC equipment, we can save our clients money, but more importantly reduce the harm being caused to our atmosphere.