Toronto ON M9W 4P1

Reviews for Thermo Cool Mechanical

Derek H.
Derek H.

HVAC not working

Technican discovered incorrect filter had clogged and system shut down automatically. Technican installed new filter.

Hello Derek,
We are pleased to hear your HVAC system is now working. Should you require additional filters in the future we would be happy to supply them.

Keep in touch

Marilynne
Marilynne

Bi-annual HVAC maintenance

Excellent work. Arrived on time, explained work being done and gave advise on keeping the unit in good shape.

Good day,

thank you for your review, we appreciate it! We are glad that you are pleased with our services, we look forward to working with you in the near future.
Hope you have a wonderful day!

D.
D.

magic pak A/C service and cleaning

The unit was removed and cleaned, filter replaced and out back. The technician was polite, knowledgeable and I would recommend them.

Hello,
Thank you for sharing. We are pleased to hear your HVAC unit is ready for the summer months ahead.

Please stay connected to our social media for seasonal promotions

Frank
Frank

A/c

Same work order was done last year. Had the workmanship been done solidly there wouldn’t be a need for another call

Good day ,
We appreciate your review. Please note the issue that was resolved a year ago was done through the installation of a new part. Had there of been an issue related to the part itself or the installation, this would have been evident immediately. Unfortunately, as it was over a year later, warranties were not applicable. We hope this helps clarify your concerns.

K.THREADER
K.THREADER

Condo a/c unit

Alex was incredible. Excellent customer service. Very thorough. My baby was sleeping and he whispered the whole time.
Waiting on my credit card to be refunded and charged the proper amount.

Hello,
Alex is thrilled to hear about your review. The amount pre-authorized, upon the booking the service, will be lifted within 3-5 business days. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Seniors
Seniors

service heater/air conditioner pump

very professional; clean and neat
didn't arrive on the day specified and was late on the day they did arrive

Good day,
We are pleased to hear our team provided exceptional service. We always provide a one hour notice call prior to our arrival we are sorry to hear it took longer to arrive than expected. We will be looking into ways to minimize this.

ALee
ALee

Hvac Replacement

Pina at Thermal Cool is speedy in responding to our inquiries for a quote and set up an appointment. Jamie the technician is knowledgeable in installing the Hvac and giving us some tips.

Hello,
We are please to hear our team was able to assist you. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Pina and Jamie.

Kevin M.
Kevin M.

Replacement heat pump.

Clean, quick, no mess after. Everything went as expected. Pleasant tech who knew what he was doing.

Good day Kevin,
Thank you from all us at Thermo Cool Mechanical we hope to hear from you soon!

Sophietucker
Sophietucker

Checking our heat/cooling pumps

Technician undertook a thorough analysis of the pumps; checked them based on past history and current issues. Explained the diagnosis, helpfully suggested ongoing maintenance in simple terms. Very helpful to us.

Good day Sophie,
Thank you for sharing - we are pleased to hear our team was able to provide you with a in depth inspection.
Please stay connected to our social media as we have season promotions for the in suite heat pump maintenance.

J K.
J K.

Furnace repair

The first paragraphs are a summary of my interaction with Thermo Cool Mechanical (TC). Details follow the summary.

TL;DR. We initially had a good relationship with TC and paid $1,736.25 over 4 visits during Dec 2018 for repairs to our furnace and heat pump. The repairs were not successful and in the process they damaged the furnace. The relationship became very bad with TC failing to deliver quotes when promised, refusing to let me speak to a manager, refusing to honour their warranty, leaving us without heat while not returning calls, refusing to admit the possibility they damaged the furnace, badly over-quoting ($4,750.00) on a replacement furnace, and declining my compromise offer to pay most of the $4,750.00.

In the end another HVAC Co replaced the furnace for $3,386.00. Their warranty is 3 yrs labour, 5 years parts. TC's warranty is 30 days and not worth the paper it is printed on.

We will never deal with TC again.

Nov 29, 2018: Our furnace (electric forced air + heat pump) dies with a bang.
Dec 1: Call TC.
Dec 4: TC identify damage to high voltage wire. Re-strip and reconnect. This is important. It is recorded on the work order. No heat. Identify damaged board in furnace. Order board.
Dec 10: TC install furnace board. No heat. Identify damaged board in heat pump. Order board.
Dec 19: TC install heat pump board. No heat. Identify damaged thermostat. Replace thermostat. Furnace starts.
Dec 20: Breaker trips. I reset breaker.
Dec 21: Breaker trips I leave furnace off, call TC.
Dec 24: TC identifies damaged insulation on a low voltage wire in furnace causing occasional shorts. Replicate breaker trip. Repair insulation. Furnace starts. Tech thinks this may finally be the root cause of the Nov 29 failure.
Dec 25 - Jan 13: After a week, when weather is very cold, there is a strong hot plastic smell.
Jan 14: Call TC within 30 day warranty period. They tell us it might be the new board off-gassing. They tell us to give it some time and see if the smell goes away.
Jan 14 - Mar 3: Cold weather comes and goes. When it is cold the smell comes back. It does not reduce.
Mar 4: Call TC.
Mar 7: TC opens furnace. The high voltage wire is loose and the high voltage connection block is a melted mess. [See Dec 4 entry.] TC promises a quote to repair the connection block and a quote to replace the entire furnace within a few days. Furnace is unusable. No heat.

Up to this point our relationship with TC has been fine. We were without heat for 24 days in Dec but TC respond quickly to phone calls, visited 5 times, and fixed 3 components. We understand that troubleshooting is not easy. We have paid TC all amounts asked ($1,736.25) on time and without complaint.

Now we are without heat again and there is a new $231.65 bill for the most recent visit. Now the problems start. There has been a change of personnel and the person we have been dealing with has left TC. The promised quotes do not arrive. I start calling every day or every second day. Each time we call I am told the quotes will be ready within 2 days or that somebody will call me back. Neither happens.

Mar 14th a quote of $4,750.00 to replace the furnace arrives. If we go ahead with the quote the Feb visit will be NC. I ask about the promised quote to repair the connection block. TC claims no knowledge of such a quote. After another 4 days of phone calls every day or two they send an email declining to provide the second quote. 11 more days without heat.

The $4,750.00 + tax quote seems very high and makes no mention of the possibility that the work on the high voltage wire on Dec 4 was incorrectly done and resulted in the damage that now requires that the furnace be replaced. TC’s own work order for the first visit strongly suggests this possibility.

I ask TC about the warranty. TC says the warranty is 30 days from Dec 24 and has expired. I tell them I called on Jan 14 within the warranty period (I provide the date from my phone's log) and that I was told to wait. TC says they will check their call recordings and get back to me. They do not. When I call back the switchboard refuses to put me through.

TC contacts me to say they will not honour the warranty. They do not say what they found in their phone logs. They see no connection between working on the HV wire on Dec 4 and having the HV connection block melting once cold weather kicks in. They refuse my request to talk to a manager. They refuse to continue the call. They offer $200 off the quote of $4,750.00 to replace the furnace.

I formally email TC with an offer to split the bill. I will pay for the new furnace per the quote, the repair to the heat pump on Dec 15, and the new thermostat. I suggest TC rebate the other amounts paid ($1,046.95) to repair the furnace since the furnace does not work, they did nothing when I called during the warranty period, and there is a strong possibility that they caused the current damage. I copy this to the one-ups.

TC replies almost immediately. They reject my offer, they will not honour the warranty, they offer an additional $200 off the quote. I can contact them if I want to proceed with the quote; otherwise, they have closed the file.

A few days later I get an email from TC saying the Feb visit is NC and reminding me of the $400 goodwill offer.

I contact other HVAC companies. I get the furnace in a few days for $3386.00.

Hello Mr. Kozub,
We are sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience.
I have reviewed your file and two pieces of HVAC equipment were repaired, your furnace and your condensing unit. The condensing unit was repaired and in working order. Whereas, the furnace required further repairs.

As previously discussed, the first quotation for the furnace, we were willing to offer a credit of -$450.00 which was to to be applied on the new furnace. The quotation was declined.

I understand your concerns, however, we cannot credit back for repairs which were complete on other HVAC equipment, unrelated to the system in question.
We never want to leave a customer satisfied which is why we returned multiple times at no cost to rectify the issue. Should you wish to further discuss please contact us.

Angela

More about Thermo Cool Mechanical

Since established in 1983 Thermo Cool Mechanical has been providing heating, air conditioning, and ventilation (HVAC) services all over the Greater Toronto Area. Thermo Cool has grown significantly over the past 10 years. We have centered our attention to heating and cooling for high rise buildings.

All our technicians are fully trained and certified on all equipment we work on. Additionally, we are factory trained for most common brands of water source heat pumps. Our trucks are fully stocked with all the parts required to complete the job.

We offer custom replacement units to our condominium customers. Additionally, we provide indoor air quality products adaptable to condominium suites.

Our shop is a fully equipped repair shop for water source heat pumps. We properly clean and service all major repairs in shop. This allows us to complete the job properly and efficiently.

In recent years Thermo Cool has made it a goal to improve their customer service. We offer friendly dealings, along with twenty-four hour emergency service. Keeping our clients informed and educated is a must. We treat all of our customers and potential customers with respect, understanding the importance of their HVAC needs.

Our technicians carry some of the most advanced tools known to the trade, giving them an instant advantage over the competition. This not only provides the technician with more confidence, it also allows the customer to put their mind at ease.

Thermo Cool is concerned with energy management. The main advantages of energy management are: saving our customers money and assisting in the struggle against the depletion of our environment. By offering energy management tactics, such as digital thermostats and more advanced HVAC equipment, we can save our clients money, but more importantly reduce the harm being caused to our atmosphere.