Kitchen Canvas

Reviews for Kitchen Canvas

Terry in Burnaby
Terry in Burnaby

Kitchen cabinet painting

Kitchen Canvas did a great job on giving my kitchen a refresh. They are a very professional team, responsive, and friendly. Karen recommended keeping the existing wood doors instead of replacing. That saves me some money to use for other home improvement projects. She suggested the perfect paint tone and provided guidance on hardware. Brent and Scott did a thorough job with prep, paint, and installation. The final product exceeds my expectations.

mortgagetania
mortgagetania
1 review Pitt Meadows, BC

Kitchen cabinet painting

This is the second time I’ve used Kitchen Canvas and am so blown away with the work they do. The amount of time they take in masking and ensuring paint doesn’t get any where else in the home is incredible. Not only are they amazing at what they do they are great caring people.

KMH in Vancouver
KMH in Vancouver

Countertop replacements

We used Kitchen Canvas for a small job- replacing the countertops in our kitchen and two bathrooms. The initial consult was great – Karen was very helpful in helping figure out the colors that would look good in our small spaces. Unlike most other reviewers, though, we were less pleased with the rest of the project. Remember, this was just countertops, not cabinet refinishing. For some reason, all the countertop quotes from the countertop manacturer (Alpine) had to go through Karen instead of being sent directly to us. She was very slow in turning them around, often a week or more, and only after we bugged her. The quote for one 30”x20” bathroom countertop was $1500+ - she hadn’t told us we would have to by the entire slab of stone, even if we used only 10% of it. We eventually got a less-expensive remnant, but it would have been nice to know about that option in the first place. Getting that second quote took forever too. At this point, we told Karen that if she were too busy or we were too small a job, we would be OK finding someone else to work with, but she demurred. The quotes were at times inaccurate – forgetting things, adding things. It was one thing after another – we started in June, didn’t finish till mid-September, about 3x as long as we expected it to take. The end result is great – no complaints there. I guess my advice would be to work directly with the countertop provider if that’s all the remodeling you need to do. That all being said, her design advice was great, and if you are looking to her for that aspect, I’d highly recommend her. I think it was more of a mis-match of what we needed & what she provided. If only she’d let us know that.

Hi Kathy and Scott,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that renovations can be frustrating at times, and we pride ourselves on making that process as streamlined as possible. We use Alpine as our countertop fabricator and are able to pass on competitive contractor/designer pricing to our clients as well as outstanding workmanship. As a value added service we where able to offer you a high end quartz material from our warehouse at a fraction of the price of purchasing a whole slab. As you are aware there are challenges to properly retrofitting older bathrooms and kitchens. In order to ensure a positive end result we had to make sure that all potential issues were communicated effectively. Had this process been rushed we may not have achieved a "great end result". Thanks, again and I hope that you enjoy your new countertops!

Donna
Donna
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Kitchen Renovation

Kitchen Canvas painted our entire kitchen cabinets. Their work and the new kitchen are both amazing! The renovation of my kitchen was coordinated and carried out by highly skills professionals that used top quality products. I cannot say enough about the high quality of their work. They were also professional, organized, helpful, extremely tidy and demonstrated a high level of skill and experience, along with being wonderful people to work with. The finish on my cabinets is far nicer than factory. They helped with every aspect including faucets, sinks and hardware with the result being a stunning kitchen. A completely positive and enjoyable experience with Kitchen Canvas.

Ken in White Rock
Ken in White Rock
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Kitchen cupboard and drawers refinishing and new counter and backsplash

Wow!!!! These guys are great. From start to finish Karen, Brent and Scott delivered in a big way. They made my kitchen new at a very reasonable cost. The attention to detail is obvious. Also, they are honest, great people and value their reputation. I had my kitchen cupboards and drawers refinished and new quartz counters and backsplash installed. Simply put, I am delighted and highly recommend Kitchen Canvas. I doubt tgat you will find anyone better

Pamala in Toronto
Pamala in Toronto
1 review Surrey, BC

LOVE my new kitchen!!

Had a kitchen reno done over 10 years ago and cabinets were still in good shape, but very dark. We were reluctant to go with a "painted" kitchen, but Karen convinced me it would be OK. Its more than OK, looks brand new and they do excellent work! The colors they recommended worked well and I feel like I have a new $40000+ kitchen for 1/4 of the price!!

Hi Pam,
Caesar Stone "Alpine Mist" Countertops - Stunning New Backsplash- "White Dove" Cabinet Painting w/ Brushed Nickel Handles = FAB NEW Kitchen!

chris.revell
chris.revell
2 reviews Burnaby, BC

Cabinet refinishing

The whole team at Kitchen Canvas was great to work with. They were professional, knowledgeable and answered all my questions. Karen is wonderful to work with in coordinating and making helpful suggestions and Brent and his son are the ones who do the refinishing and both are equally great to work with. They really know what they’re doing and treat your home with respect and their finished product is truly amazing. We’re so pleased with our “new” kitchen and are very happy to recommend them to anyone who is looking to have their cabinets refinished.

Thank for the review Chris! We strive to make our customers happy and give them a good alternative to replacing their kitchens. The "Value" and "Like New" result in cabinet painting is truly amazing. Benjamin Moore Pigeon Gray 2133-50 is a great combination with your Silestone White Storm quartz countertops. What a difference. Hope you enjoy your new kitchen:)

Karen
Karen
2 reviews Port Coquitlam, BC

New counter tops and painting the kitchen cupboards

We are very pleased with our newly painted kitchen. Our honey maple cupboards are now painted white giving it a modern and fresh look. What a difference! Brent and Scott were always on time. They take great effort in turning the kitchen into a spray booth rather than brushing or rolling . Thus the cupboards look brand new! Brent also offered some great suggestions which were greatly appreciated.
New counter tops and back splash completed the look. Any painting in the future will definitely go to Kitchen Canvas. Thank your Karen, Brent and Scott for all your efforts.

Thank for the review Karen. I love the choices that you made transforming your kitchen to a modern updated look. From the Silestone countertops to the great colour combination of Benjamin Moore Cinder and Chantilly Lace on the cabinets. Great teamwork on this one. It was great working with you!

bob.reid
bob.reid

Kitchen cabinet repainting

We are pleased to write this review for Karen, Brent and Scott of Kitchen Canvas. The work that was completed for us was first class in all aspects. Our kitchen went from being tired looking to fresh and new. We had a most pleasant experience from Karen’s initial design consultation to the detailed work that Brent and Scott did. We found Karen, Brent and Scott to be very professional with a keen eye for detail and for quality craftsmanship. We found that this company was easily approachable and very accommodating given our busy schedules. Both Brent and Scott paid close attention to the small details and made significant efforts to ensure that they delivered a quality product with minimal disruption. We would definitely hire Kitchen Canvas again and would recommend them to anyone wanting a reputable company and quality craftsmanship.

Sincerely,
Bob and Evy Reid, Vancouver

Thank you for taking the time to review Kitchen Canvas. Your lovely False Creek home has a spectacular city and water view. Now that your maple cabinets have been lacquered in cloud white the kitchen matches your million dollar view! We have posted the pictures to our gallery for inspiration. We hope that you are enjoying your new kitchen.

Ewa in Kensington
Ewa in Kensington

Kitchen Cabinet Renovations

We changed our cabinets from a dark brown to simply white and sea salt by Benjamin Moore. We had some reservations about painting the cabinets vs. replacing them but we went ahead with the project anyway. Karen and Brent assured us that we would not be disappointed with the result, and right they were. The finished product looks amazing. Our other trades people could not believe that our cabinets were painted. Not only is the finished product great but their entire team was great to deal with, extremely personable and professional. Great experience overall.

Thanks Ewa. We love how you combined "Simply White" and "Sea Salt" with brass hardware and blonde flooring. Great distinguishing detail with all other elements of your redesign.

More about Kitchen Canvas