Star Fencing

Kitchener ON N2B 3C9
HomeStars  >  Fences & Gates in Kitchener  >  Star Fencing  >  Disappointed
Private User reviews Kitchener, ON

Disappointed

I have worked with Star Fencing previously on two other fences and was always pleased with their work and professionalism. I was recently very disappointed however. They installed a short 24' section to replace a portion of an old fence which was falling down in my yard. About a month later the wind storm happened in Kitchener and this section of fence was left leaning over. They refused to stand behind their work and instead told me to call my insurance, that they couldn't be responsible for the weather. The remainder of my 20+ year old fence running up beside this one was fine, but the brand new fence they installed was falling over - this is a reflection of something not done correctly. Not wanting to incur an increase in my home insurance premiums, I set out to fix the fence myself. I pushed the fence back upright, and as I drove stakes in beside the leaning posts I realized they had not even put concrete in the post holes - which is why the fence could not withstand the wind. I realize now that I paid for an incomplete job, and they wouldn't even stand behind their work. I wouldn't think that many fence customers are repeat customers, I move every 2-3 years so thought they would want to keep a good customer by providing a good product installed in a quality manner - and stand behind it. This is so disappointing and increases my distrust of hiring trades once again. Wishing it wasn't so hard to find honest people who take pride in their work.