Small Moves Vancouver

Moving & Storage
Small Moves Vancouver

Reviews for Small Moves Vancouver

Private User reviews Burnaby, BC

I do not recommend for people with any sort of time constraints.

Booked 24 days in advance. They told me that they had a morning booking so the best time to book with them would be 2pm.

They sent a confirmation email.

I then booked my elevators in both buildings with the building managers, took time off of work, to find out over a week later that they are not sure when the movers will come "They could come at 1pm or later than 2pm". Needless to say, I cancelled my appointment with them.

They will say that they are "transparent", which means you can "trust" how truthful they are.
That maybe true, but what about being reliable? It feels as though they use "transparency" as an excuse for poor customer service.

Michael Trew in Vancouver
Michael Trew in Vancouver

Small Move Big Price

I had a Love seat moved from Coquitlam to Vancouver and the one I have here disposed of. The quote I received was for about $250 - the final bill was $386 - a bit pricey for a Senior citizen - took away any benefit from purchasing furniture online. Next time I will look on Craigslist for a man and a truck, though I am hoping for some sort of refund as I complained about the cost. The men were quick and efficient - it was an easy job for them so I hoped for a break on the cost.

Paul in Toronto
Paul in Toronto
1 review Richmond, BC

Fast, efficient, & careful

Ryan & Darryl took 2 hours to move our 1 bedroom apartment (albeit, we had been prepared from the get go). I've moved at least 4 times in my time, and this had been the best experience thus far. Highly recommended!

Al from Tri-Cities
Al from Tri-Cities
19 reviews Vancouver, BC

Move from Vancouver

Really surprised by the other reviews. Our move with Small Moves was excellent. I booked Small Moves based on online reviews and feedback (elsewhere). Was definitely nervous as moving is such a big deal and the last thing I wanted was to have a company that might be late, unprofessional or messy! I needn't had worried - luckily!!! The crew came on time, were efficient, fast, polite and professional. Trustworthy and dependable, they moved us from Vancouver out East. Our crew was Said and a great partner (Spanish). Nice guys and great work, very happy with the company and would use them again as well as recommend. Please note that moving is a huge deal! We took a lot of time upfront to move our small items and put things in boxes etc. don't underestimate the job and happy moving. Thanks again Said and crew!!

Janet Forsyth from Vancouver
Janet Forsyth from Vancouver

Moving Service

After reading positive reviews on "Small Moves" I organized and booked this move for a friend, 3 weeks in advance of move date. I was given a time of 2 pm arrival. On move day, dispatch called me and gave me a 4 pm arrival. At 5 pm, when no one had showed up, I called their office. They assured me that someone was coming. I then received a call from the mover who told me that the company had not informed him of the move, he had finished work and had taken the truck back. After a heated discussion, he agreed to go back and get the truck. I called the Small Moves office to explain all this and a woman named Kathy apologized, said she could do nothing and suggested I call the office the next morning and talk to Brenda, who could do something to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, the mover arrived at 6:15 to pick up and the move was completed at midnight. It was an extremely stressful move in, as the strata rules stated no move in after 8 pm. After pleading my case to a strata member, they allowed the move to go ahead.
The movers did complete the job. I called the office the next morning to speak to Brenda and explained the situation. Brenda told me she could do nothing. She said "you got moved, didn't you?" and told me I could go to their website to register a complaint. I expected that the least that could be done is some sort of reasonable deduction to the moving fee. I will never use this service and will make sure I let all my friends know to beware of this company.

Jason from Vancouver
Jason from Vancouver

Moving to Vancouver

Assisted Review

I utilized the services of Small Moves to assist me with my move from Port Coquitlam to downtown Vancouver. I really had no other option but to hire a moving company, because I did this during a weekday when those who would normally would be available were working. The anxiety I had before the "big day " was quickly alleviated once I met the two people that took care of my order - Larbi and Ali.

While they arrived later than they thought, I was given a phone call from Larbi to advise of this and completely understood this sometimes occurs. From packing up to unloading at my new place in the West End, they were consummate professionals; friendly, efficient and they really worked hard. While I was given one elevator to lock for my purpose, unfortunately some self-centred people chose to take it for their own use while Larbi & Ali were unloading the truck. It cause added stress for me and pressure, as every minute equals additional costs. Even then, the two guys maintained their professionalism, and were absolute gems! I'm so very happy with the work they did, Tracee.

I hope I don't need a moving company for a very long time, as who loves doing this? :) If and when I do, I'll certainly go with Small Moves once again. I've also started referring my positive experience to my friends, families and network of business associates. A large part of my satisfaction is drawn by the two men who helped me, so please ensure my feedback is passed on to your Manager.

Thank you Jason for your feedback. Please don't hesitate to call us if you need a moving company in Vancouver (604) 800-2715

More about Small Moves Vancouver

Small Moves Vancouver is a local Moving Company based in downtown Vancouver, BC. We have been providing moving services in Vancouver Lower Mainland since 2009. Our moving and delivery prices are affordable and great value for customers who need a higher quality of service without the associated costs. Our aim ...
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in New Westminster?