custom dream stairs

Stair Builders
5000 keel st Toronto ON M3J
HomeStars  >  Stair Builders in Toronto  >  custom dream stairs

Reviews for custom dream stairs

Larry Cohn in North York
Larry Cohn in North York

Stairway Refinishing

Quality work, done right and on time with a full clean up when they finished. Both staircases look great and they completed everything to our satisfaction.
Definitely recommend Custom Dream Stairs!

Caledon home  in North York
Caledon home in North York

Great Job, excellent customer service

Custom Dream Staircases was a pleasure to work with, their professionalism was great, their installers pay attention to detail and will not leave until you are completely satisfied! GREAT job! Very pleased with the work provided

Natalya  in North York
Natalya in North York

Stairs renovation

Very professional and quality work. We had a great experience with this company. They were always on time, very respectful, delivered what they promised and on time. Custom Dream Stairs gave us the dream stairs we always wanted! Thank you guys for your great business!

AK in North York
AK in North York
2 reviews North York, ON

significant project

great work by Hameed and his team- very professional; accommodated small changes after original negotiation- provided good recommendations on how to improve upon the original request. This was a significant project, 4 floors- three hardwood/1 laminate; all new staircases with glass and custom railings

1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Great work, Great Commitment, Great Delivery!

Very patient, knowledgable and honest with greate sense of commitment to deliver and after sales warranty. This company is a gem!

Great access to a large variety of designs and samples and colors and remarkable implementation at a fair price.

Definitely recommend them!

Anonymous from Aurora
Anonymous from Aurora
2 reviews Aurora, ON

Unsatisfactory Reno (Removal of carpet and installation of hardwood flooring)

Contractor was hired to remove carpet in living room master bedroom family room upstairs and stairs and replace same with hardwood flooring. Work process was not detailed in contract and I asked Hameed about the work process and job specifics and he assured everything would be done and I would love my new flooring. Turned out never trust anyone who insisted that everything will be okay. Sloppy job has totally devalued my property and I m still waiting for him to finish the job. Four or more different set of crew members including Hameed and the job not professionally done. The stairs was done by him hence he cannot blame workers. He collected more than enough money for material yet he hardly wanted to provide any or ensured that materials for the job was on hand. Something as simple as nail and waxed paper. Customers beware, if you are not familiar with the job process of hardwood flooring, for your sanity, do not use this man. He will try and getaway with using straw for hardwood and if questioned, ask you if you prefer hardwood. See pics of professionally work and his consideration of a job completed.

Hi dear James family,
It’s very unfortunate after all the effort and trying hard, plus all the cost for you as well as our company, to hear not only you’re not satisfied, you won’t give us 7-9 from 10 because of everything that was done in your satisfaction, other than couple small issues here there, which we were and are willing to addressed them to your satisfaction as told you and scheduled to do so, but unfortunately you cancelled the appointment (because of your doctors appointment) and then we were closed for new year holidays.
You mentioned the job was done with 4 different crews, here are the reasons, we had scheduled the first crew for hardwood installation and you and your family liked to remove the carpet and move the furniture ( of course for your saving) but then at the first day our crews arrived you haven’t done those and ask us if we can do those for you( of course you offered you’ll pay for the cost although Mr JAMES was thinking $300 or $400 it’s a lot for two floor carpet removal and move 4 rooms of furniture around) but our crews wouldn’t be able to do so because they weren’t prepared for carpet removal and disassemble the beds and move them around, also they couldn’t stretch their 3 days initially scheduled because they were booked back to back for next job related to busy December, therefore we replaced them with another crews next day and they did finished the hardwood Flooring, we had to move our crews to another job but your floor was done with no interruption, Right after the floors were done our stairs installer did the stairs and the next day we had the finishing team of two persons to complete the job with the railings and touch ups, also take care of any concerns you had, from floor to stairs and railing to touch ups and trims, at all this time we had communicated with you and inform you the process and everything you should know.
Out of all this big project, you as attached photos show, there is part of hand railings that the joint is more visible, as we mentioned and it’s stated in your contract and verbally explained we just converted your carpet stairs to hardwood and you choose to keep the existing pickets and railings without any touch ups( of course for your saving) and you pointed the end of baseboard is rough, as mentioned you need to paint your baseboard and shoe mouldings, because they’re primed grade and is stated in your contract( although we offer to take care of that also when we come back)
Also mentioned we weren’t generous with material and waxed paper or else, as far as we know we left you with extra boxes of wood, pieces of trims, nosing and all sort of extra materials, also we insured that our crews have enough nail and glue to get the job done. If you are wondering it’s very easy to measure the amount of nails were used in your floor if you have any concerns with that, also with Hardwood flooring if you don’t follow the installation guide lines they wouldn’t even stay in place and start buckling or moving, so it’s not possible to install hardwood floors with anything other than right nails.
At the end we like to mention all of our crews are hardworking people and we know how to achieve perfect job, although our customer budget is a big factor too, also sometimes it’s hard to make some people happy, we read rest of your reviews about other businesses as well and realized, it’s hard to meet your expectations, especially if you have to pay for extra toppings. Also please keep in mind you still owe us $200 that was blocked by you to insure we take care of your concerns although it was not part of the agreement.
Still we thank you for the opportunity and willing to address your concerns, in your convenient time, you have two full years from date of your invoice to let us in for any concerns you may have.
At the end we are going to attached some of our texts and emails regarding the job and process for whom may concern.
Good morning Sir
Though strt wz rcky. Mst say job well done. There r a few spots here n there whch cld hve been smooth er
Wfe wll call later 2 discuss fnal paymnt plz make her happy
Plan to laminate bsemnt n paint cme spring Hope fully we can do bsness again thnks
Good morning to you,
Thanks for opportunity and trust, we really appreciate your patient,
We tried hard to make sure you’re happy although if anything we can comeback and touch it up,
Looking forward to do more business with you,
Have a good day.
Good morning Mr James,
Follow to our phone conversation, regarding the extra material we actually correct your invoice to 780sqft of materials were delivered to your house and after giving you $200 discount as you wish still your balance will be $2300, the total break down will be available upon your request,
Regarding the finishing handrail as I explained to your wife, if you are concerned about your handrail is not very smooth where the previous joints being reconnected and filled with filler, for better result as you wish, needs to be sand down and refinish to less visibility, although it wasn’t part of the agreement, I’m willing to take care of that for your satisfaction, but need to comeback one day next week,
Please let me know how would you like to proceed with the balance,
Have a good day.
Good afternoon Hameed.
Since I have not heard from you I assumed that you do not have any intention of completing the job. Hence I'll be pursuing other alternatives.
Hi Mrs James,
Hope you had a good holidays and wish you lots health and wealth in new year and many years to come,
I’m sorry if didn’t get back to you sooner because of few reasons:
Last time we talked you called me and canceled the schedule for Dec 22 because of your personal stuff and you mentioned you’ll call me to reschedule, that’s why I was waiting for your call.
Also as it was the holiday we were closed from Dec 22 to Jan 3 today, as I’m back to work and responding you,
The very unfortunate and main reason I missed your massage in WhatsApp because my iPhone was damaged and I was using just a traditional phone to make phone calls and receive text or emails, no fun apps, that’s why if you would’ve call me, text me or email us in safer and more proper contact ways as listed in my business card or our website, myself or one of our colleagues from our company would’ve get back to you, please keep in mind you can contact us during the working hours with the methods listed it in our website or my business card for faster and safer response,
pls accept our apologies, and let me know when do you like us to stop by and address your concerns.
Looking forward for your response in email, text or phone calls.
Kind regards
Hameed

Yousef in Orleans
Yousef in Orleans
1 review Barrie, ON

Stairs in my house Barrie

I discussed my project directly with the owner, without the need to deal with a sales man. Knowledge and experience played big role in putting together a successful beautiful project.
His team was fantastic, honest and great workers. They didn't slack on the job and was done faster than was planned for.

We are very pleased to do business with you and your family, thanks for your continued support and opportunities, looking forward to do more business with you.

1 review Newmarket, ON

Hardwood floors and stairs

We had hardwood floors installed and stairs recapped. The hardwood floors were exceptionally well done and we are very happen with the stairs. We are very happy we did this project.

1 review Aurora, ON

Stair renovation

I hired this company to replace spindles, posts and cap stairs. I questioned the quality of workmanship but was told it was fine and could be done no other way. (They use hollow spindles which no other company seems to use.) It turns out the job, as verified by two other stair contractors, demonstrates not only poor workmanship, but is also not up to code. Unfortunately, I will take the loss to ensure the work is done properly. Buyer beware.
I cannot recommend this company.

we try so many ways to locate your order or invoice but nothing we found, we are not sure if we did a job for you as there is no name or address in this review, but we don't install hollow pickets for so many years now, although in some styles they only come in hollow or the clients prefer to use the hollow pickets because of cost and leading time vs solid custom spindles, although even hollow pickets if they installed accordingly to the building codes, they are a approved as solid one by inspectors, you might writing this review for wrong company, though if that's not the case please contact us directly, we make sure cover up your lost or address your concerns, all our jobs comes with two full years warranty,

More about custom dream stairs

We renovate and renew all stair types our experts can help with your stair reno's, hardwood flooring installation and more. Carpeted or worn stair case? We can help. Our revolutionary style installs the new customized PRE-FINISHED caps directly on your existing stairs and attention to details, ensures you receive a ...