J's Electric

1-21 Mahoney Avenue Willow Beach ON L0E1S0

Review for J's Electric

Private User reviews , ON

Panel and outlet installation

I haven't had any problems with the panel that was installed but I am very displeased with the rest of the work. (1) Drilled a large hole in the basement wall to run the cords through (3xs larger than what was needed) and didn't fill it in. (2) Left a mess (sawdust and garbage); didn't clean up at all. (3) I asked the owner to install a fridge outlet in the kitchen and to my complete surprise not only did they install it OUTSIDE the wall, they drilled a hole through my hardwood floor to pass the electrical cord through!!! When I pointed out my horror to the owner that he drilled through my new hardwood floor he told me the hole in the floor was already there. THIS IS A COMPLETE FALSEHOOD. The owner insisted he was right - I was wrong and didn't budge. (4) Before the work began the owner offered to attach a fixture in another outlet (I already had the part). That was all that was done. He billed me $250.00 plus taxes - $450 + taxes for those 2 outlets!! (4) On another note when we first went over the work order he told me he accepted credit cards. What he omitted to tell me, until I was about to pay, was that he charges extra if a credit card is used. That's his right, of course, but he should be upfront about it.