Tip Top Exteriors

403-681-0916
Calgary
AB
T2A 2B6

Bruce strung us along for a new front door (initially quoted 6-8 weeks) since June and has now vanished with our $1800 deposit and will not respond to emails, calls, has deleted the company website and Facebook and is deleting negative reviews.

DO NOT USE THIS BUSINESS!

MA in
MA in
1 review Big Stone, AB

Windows and Doors

Do NOT hire Bruce Armstrong for any of your renovation needs.

Back in May we placed an order for two windows and two doors to be replaced in our home. We were quoted an approximate timeline of 4-6 weeks for the items to arrive. After 8 weeks I called Bruce. I was informed that the items had just arrived and we scheduled an installation date. At the time of installation, it was noticed that one of the windows was 10” too short and would need to be re-ordered. The other window and both doors were installed. I will be honest and say that we were satisfied with the installation of the first window and two doors (but it does not make up for what happened next).

On September 1st, I called Bruce for an update on the window that needed to be re-ordered. He was away for the weekend but promised he would call me back on Tuesday. I called again on Wednesday and Bruce stated that the window had not arrived yet from the manufacturer, but that he would email them and update me the following day. September 5th was the last time that I heard from Bruce.

For two and a half weeks I called, text, and emailed Bruce multiple times with no response. Finally fed up, my husband tried emailing and received a response stating that the company was insolvent. We are now in a horrible position as we have lost the deposit on the final window and we cannot find another company that is willing to install only a single window where we live (35 minutes East of Calgary). To top it all off, the re-ordered window was for our nursery as we have a baby arriving in November. It is now too late to have a window built and installed before the baby arrives; that is, if we can find an installer at all.

TooTrusting in Calgary
TooTrusting in Calgary

No Start after 5 Months, multiple install cancellations

Paid deposit for window install in April. We were quoted an install timeline of 4-6 weeks. Multiple bookings cancelled in June, July, and August as we were strung along for 5 months until we were told the company was insolvent, and that we had lost our deposit.

Lack of transparency and honesty, definately fed non-truths along the way. Cancellations were as late as the day before. I've removed my blinds / drapes and re-installed them multiple times, scheduled child care and taken off work only to be left extremely disappointed and out $2750. I was misguided and comforted by recent positive ratings on this site and others.

M Z.
M Z.

All new windows and exterior doors

Bruce did an incredible job. As a former carpenter myself I was very impressed at the speed, professionalism and quality of the work.
We had 15 windows (odd shapes and sizes) and two exterior doors installed. We’d also recently had Hardie board siding installed and Bruce was careful to ensure that the install didn’t damage any of the new siding and further that it tied in with the building envelope to create an airtight seal.
I was impressed at Bruce’s expertise in building envelope systems and knowing exactly how windows and doors need to be installed to ensure they last a lifetime.
Bruce was exceptionally easy to work with, explaining each step along the way and laying out a plan that he stuck to from the start. Any questions I had were quickly and professionally answered.
We love the new windows and doors, thanks Tip Top!

Thanks for the awesome review!
Yes your project went very smoothly. Putting in windows after hardie siding and smart board battens is a challenge but it definitely can be done without any damage. Our training through the window wise program and the Alberta Energy rebate program makes us a bit of an expert on how it all works together to deal your home. Enjoy your new windows and lowered heating and cooling costs.

homevillas
homevillas

Front profile

It started off as a small job but Bruce soon discovered that the Stucco was barely holding onto the wall. We decided to proceed and do the whole front of the house with the stone and it was a decision we were so happy with. It changed the whole profile of the house

Thanks for the awesome review!
I really love the way it turned out. It really added curb appeal to the front of your home.

Vanessa R.
Vanessa R.

Front Door

Bruce at Tip Top Exteriors is an honest, highly skilled professional who is very obviously an expert in his field. I have been so impressed with him right from the first phone call and quote, all the way to the finished job. I love my new front door! I would recommend Bruce for any project to my friends and family, and would call him first for any future work I need done.

Thanks again Bruce! Really appreciate your hard work! ... And how much nicer my house now looks!

Thanks for the awesome review! Your new door is amassing! In over 30 years I have never done a speek easy peep hole. I was very impressed with the quality and look. I am so glad we added some curb appeal to the front of your house.
Thanks Bruce

CM045
CM045

Supply and install of 5 basement windows and back door, including cutting and installing of egress window.

We would highly recommend Bruce if you're looking to get new windows and doors done. He was reliable and did a great job. We got multiple estimates but Bruce identified potential issues at the time of quotation and walked us through what it would mean. We forgot to give him a key and then supplied him with the incorrect key for our house so he wasn't able to do the work when he was able to and he completely accomodated us. Thank you Bruce for being so easy to work with.

Thanks for the great review! Yes sometimes things don't go as smooth as I would like, but we have plenty of work so we don't lose a days work when we can't get in.
I am glad you like your new windows and doors. You were still an easy customer to work with.
Thanks Bruce

Upgraded garage windows. Excellent service as always!

Bruce did an excellent job on upgrading 4 garage windows. He completed the job in one long day start to finish. He always gets us a great price on for our upgrades and we are a repeat customer, will be using him for all go-forward. He has the best customer satisfaction and always strives to work with us and make sure we're happy. Highly recommend Bruce to give honest feedback and advice and complete a project to your needs.

Thanks for the great review!
You have been such a great customer, so easy to work with and the amount of referrals is crazy!
That's why I went far beyond working on a Saturday. Thanks for the great work on the referrals.

Chris B in Calgary
Chris B in Calgary

Exterior soffit and eavestrough replacement

We had tip top replace our old wood soffit sand fascia with metal and had them do seamless eavestoughs. They came out and gave us a quote with a day of emailing. Showed up and did the job when we were away came back to a great looking job and a clean yard. Very happy with our choice definitely knew what they were doing and explained everything to us. Would highly recommend

Thanks for the great review! Yes we understand how the ventilation is supposed to work in the attics of homes and do a pretty good job of explaining it so people can understand. Your home just needed a little help but now it functions better and is all neat and tidy. Hope you enjoy cooler summers now.

lars
lars

We had 2 doors and one window changed.

We had 2 doors and one window changed, work was completed as promised. I would recommend Tip Top to friends and family.

Thank you for the review. Your front door really added some character to your home.

More about Tip Top Exteriors

Tip Top Exteriors - We are a Window Wise Certified Dealer. We offer our extensive 30 year experience and knowledge of window and door installations to our customers. We specialize in the installation of far superior window wise products. The window and doors we use are custom made for the replacement of builder grade windows.
Installing windows and doors is more than just screwing a window in. Window installations for the most part is an uncensored business. You do not need any tickets or formal training. We at Tip Top Exteriors have been extensively trained as installers through the Window Wise certification program. This takes not only a keen eye for visual detail, but also an expansive knowledge of window and door components and installation procedures.
Tip Top Exteriors employs only the most well versed, well rounded, and experienced Window Installers. You will absolutely love the work we do for you, whether it's one basement window, or all the windows in your home.
Finest workmanship warranty in the industry
Window Wise certified products and installers
Energy Star approved Windows and Doors
Peace of Mind
$2 Million Liability Insurance
WCB for your peace of mind
Approved Contractor for the Alberta Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
Apples to apples written price guarantee