Tip Top Exteriors

HomeStars  >  Gutters & Eavestroughs in Calgary  >  Tip Top Exteriors

Reviews for Tip Top Exteriors

M Z.
M Z.

All new windows and exterior doors

Bruce did an incredible job. As a former carpenter myself I was very impressed at the speed, professionalism and quality of the work.
We had 15 windows (odd shapes and sizes) and two exterior doors installed. We’d also recently had Hardie board siding installed and Bruce was careful to ensure that the install didn’t damage any of the new siding and further that it tied in with the building envelope to create an airtight seal.
I was impressed at Bruce’s expertise in building envelope systems and knowing exactly how windows and doors need to be installed to ensure they last a lifetime.
Bruce was exceptionally easy to work with, explaining each step along the way and laying out a plan that he stuck to from the start. Any questions I had were quickly and professionally answered.
We love the new windows and doors, thanks Tip Top!

Thanks for the awesome review!
Yes your project went very smoothly. Putting in windows after hardie siding and smart board battens is a challenge but it definitely can be done without any damage. Our training through the window wise program and the Alberta Energy rebate program makes us a bit of an expert on how it all works together to deal your home. Enjoy your new windows and lowered heating and cooling costs.

homevillas
homevillas

Front profile

It started off as a small job but Bruce soon discovered that the Stucco was barely holding onto the wall. We decided to proceed and do the whole front of the house with the stone and it was a decision we were so happy with. It changed the whole profile of the house

Thanks for the awesome review!
I really love the way it turned out. It really added curb appeal to the front of your home.

Vanessa R.
Vanessa R.

Front Door

Bruce at Tip Top Exteriors is an honest, highly skilled professional who is very obviously an expert in his field. I have been so impressed with him right from the first phone call and quote, all the way to the finished job. I love my new front door! I would recommend Bruce for any project to my friends and family, and would call him first for any future work I need done.

Thanks again Bruce! Really appreciate your hard work! ... And how much nicer my house now looks!

Thanks for the awesome review! Your new door is amassing! In over 30 years I have never done a speek easy peep hole. I was very impressed with the quality and look. I am so glad we added some curb appeal to the front of your house.

CM045
CM045

Supply and install of 5 basement windows and back door, including cutting and installing of egress window.

We would highly recommend Bruce if you're looking to get new windows and doors done. He was reliable and did a great job. We got multiple estimates but Bruce identified potential issues at the time of quotation and walked us through what it would mean. We forgot to give him a key and then supplied him with the incorrect key for our house so he wasn't able to do the work when he was able to and he completely accomodated us. Thank you Bruce for being so easy to work with.

Thanks for the great review! Yes sometimes things don't go as smooth as I would like, but we have plenty of work so we don't lose a days work when we can't get in.
I am glad you like your new windows and doors. You were still an easy customer to work with.
Thanks Bruce

Upgraded garage windows. Excellent service as always!

Bruce did an excellent job on upgrading 4 garage windows. He completed the job in one long day start to finish. He always gets us a great price on for our upgrades and we are a repeat customer, will be using him for all go-forward. He has the best customer satisfaction and always strives to work with us and make sure we're happy. Highly recommend Bruce to give honest feedback and advice and complete a project to your needs.

Thanks for the great review!
You have been such a great customer, so easy to work with and the amount of referrals is crazy!
That's why I went far beyond working on a Saturday. Thanks for the great work on the referrals.

Chris B in Calgary
Chris B in Calgary

Exterior soffit and eavestrough replacement

We had tip top replace our old wood soffit sand fascia with metal and had them do seamless eavestoughs. They came out and gave us a quote with a day of emailing. Showed up and did the job when we were away came back to a great looking job and a clean yard. Very happy with our choice definitely knew what they were doing and explained everything to us. Would highly recommend

Thanks for the great review! Yes we understand how the ventilation is supposed to work in the attics of homes and do a pretty good job of explaining it so people can understand. Your home just needed a little help but now it functions better and is all neat and tidy. Hope you enjoy cooler summers now.

lars
lars

We had 2 doors and one window changed.

We had 2 doors and one window changed, work was completed as promised. I would recommend Tip Top to friends and family.

Thank you for the review. Your front door really added some character to your home.

Al and Maureen  in Calgary
Al and Maureen in Calgary

Windows, front door and inside doors

Bruce did a fantastic job on our exterior house for the windows and front door doors as well as the interior doors and casing!! Bruce is always true to his word with his prices and the job schedule. He also has excellent suggestions. He is great at communicating when he will start, how long it will take, and is very reliable. If you need a job done - hire Bruce!! We highly recommend Tip Top Exteriors!!

Thanks for the great review!
I am glad you like how the project turned out. Your new front door really added some good curb appeal to the front of your home. You guys were great to work for.

Jo in Calgary
Jo in Calgary

Window replacements

Bruce: Thank you for your reply! There must have been a misunderstanding! I appreciate your clarification... we must have had a bunch of emails going back and forth. I thought that I had emailed you the signed documents, and I didn’t receive a reply back, nor the rebate. Anyhow, I will send you another email and hopefully we can get everything sorted out and you can close this file.

We ended up choosing Bruce for our windows because of the great reviews and pricing. My parents are however not 100% satisfied with the overall experience. I am sure that the product and workmanship of the installation is great, but the finishing on our windows could be better as we can still see the nails and fingerprints. I know it’s cosmetic and I can go to the hardware store to get tools to sand it down and repaint, but still... I thought we’d have a finished product. The job commenced beginning Aug 2017 and took almost 2 months to complete because of a mix up in window sizing- at that time, we just wanted the windows finished as our vacation was approaching and it was starting to be winter! November, I contacted Bruce to see when the documents would be submitted for the Alberta Energy rebate and was told we needed to sign an authorization form for the info to be released. Ok, done! It is now Feb of 2018... I’ve emailed Bruce, yet no reply, so I decided to call Efficiency Alberta to check... they said nothing has been sent in. It takes 6-8 weeks to process, at this point, I don’t know when we’ll actually receive our rebate. Quite disappointed. we try to support independent businesses and have had no issues in the past with independent smaller companies... I hope this is just a one time thing. Still waiting to hear back from Bruce and will update this review once everything is done and in order.

Review has 1 previous version

Thank you for the review!
I would like to clarify this situation.
When I make a mistake I do admit it.There was 2 windows that I needed to reorder. I hit the 3 instead of the 4 on my laptop when pricing out the job. This made the windows to short for the opening. The mistake was caught prior to removing the existing windows. We always measure to make sure everything fits. The windows were reordered and installed the day prior to your parents leaving for vacation.
As for your parents not being 100% satisfied with the inside casings. When I came out and quoted the job I fully explained every aspect of the installation.It was explained that we would be using 3 1/4" flat stock casings. The nail holes would be filled and all miters would be glued. The casings are primed white ready for paint after a light sand. You then interpreted this from english to chinese for your parents. This is how we do it on 95% of our jobs, the other 5% we drop the trim off prior to the installation so the customer can paint it prior the the install. Most window companies do not even fill nail holes. We go far beyond by filling them and dapping to the window jams and wall.
As for not sending in the Alberta rebate paperwork. At the end of every installation we hand out a pamphlet with all the required paperwork such as your warranty from the manufacture, Window Wise Warranty information, ect. We also have a customer satisfaction questionnaire, Alberta rebate consent form which is filled out with the customer and returned to our office. Your father could not understand so I left the form to be filled out, signed and emailed back to me. It was never received to us. I don't know if it was forgotten since they were going on vacation the next day after the installation. The form was mailed out about a month after the installation. As it was not on file and we wanted to close our file on the job to move it to complete. It was never returned. Finally when you called and asked about the rebate you were told what we needed. I emailed it to you to have your parents fill out. It was then emailed back to me blank! I called you immediately and left you a message stating you must have sent the original because it was blank. I emailed you a few days latter and still no response.Without the consent nothing can be sent in.
I do apologize if there was some misunderstandings. It is sometimes difficult when everything has to be interpreted.
But I do thank you for the review as it does prove that these reviews are real and come from real people!

Susan M.
Susan M.

Bonus Room Exterior Window Renovation

Old wood panels were removed from around the bonus room window. The area was checked for mould/rot prior to new siding installed. All other windows that had wood were repainted as well to match the colour of the bonus room window. Design, selection of the materials and the choice of colours was an easy task due to the experience and knowledge of Bruce.

Thank you for the great review!
The colors you chose really went well on your home.
The curb appeal is amazing. I am glad you and your neighbors like it.

More about Tip Top Exteriors

Tip Top Exteriors - We are a Window Wise Certified Dealer. We offer our extensive 30 year experience and knowledge of window and door installations to our customers. We specialize in the installation of far superior window wise products. The window and doors we use are custom made for the replacement of builder grade windows.
Installing windows and doors is more than just screwing a window in. Window installations for the most part is an uncensored business. You do not need any tickets or formal training. We at Tip Top Exteriors have been extensively trained as installers through the Window Wise certification program. This takes not only a keen eye for visual detail, but also an expansive knowledge of window and door components and installation procedures.
Tip Top Exteriors employs only the most well versed, well rounded, and experienced Window Installers. You will absolutely love the work we do for you, whether it's one basement window, or all the windows in your home.
Finest workmanship warranty in the industry
Window Wise certified products and installers
Energy Star approved Windows and Doors
Peace of Mind
$2 Million Liability Insurance
WCB for your peace of mind
Approved Contractor for the Alberta Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
Apples to apples written price guarantee