4160 Sardis St. Burnaby BC V5H 1K2
Hands On Home Inspections Ltd.

Reviews for Hands On Home Inspections Ltd.

Private User reviews Gibsons, BC

Inspection of property including WETT inspection for fireplace

I was calling different inspectors to compare rates and services. When I first spoke with Stephen, he was extremely warm and helpful on the phone. For a property I was interested in I needed to find not just a building inspector, but also a WETT Inspector because the property has a wood burning stove. I am completely unfamiliar with dealing with building inspection, let alone fire place inspection requirements. I was extremely lucky in finding Stephen.
I cannot express how grateful I am for Stephen's patience in explaining the process. He is a true professional: knowledgeable, informative, thorough. As an added bonus, he is a delight to talk to and do business with.
From my research there are a lot of building inspectors. There are slightly fewer WETT inspectors. I am so lucky to have had the good fortune to have found Stephen and have him conduct 2 important inspections on my behalf in such a thorough and professional manner, and was available afterwards for my countless questions.
And I'll repeat: he is a delight to do business with.
Choose Stephen if you need an inspector!
Stephen, many thanks!

Thanks for the awesome review, it was a pleasure to work with you.

Susan  in West Vancouver
Susan in West Vancouver
1 review West Vancouver, BC

Home inspection

Steve was great! He met me en route to the Sunshine Coast bright and early on the ferry. He inspected the house thoroughly, answering all of my questions. He took the extra time to explain the things I needed more information with for peace of mind with my decision to purchase. He followed up the next day with a detailed report. It was super easy working with Steve and I would recommend and use him again for a home inspection!

Another great home inspection on the Sunshine Coast!!

Jack in Surrey
Jack in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Home inspection

Steve is a very knowledgeable person. He did a throughout home inspection for a house we were planning to buy. He check every detail of the house to make sure everything was covered. His home inspection report provided with picture and recommendation for the minor issues. Also some suggestions and estimated cost for fixing certain issue. Very good job! I will reccommend Steve to anyone wants to buy a house.

Another great home inspection!! Clients were with me throughout the inspection, by the time we were finished they knew this was a very well maintained home.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Home inspection

We were lucky to have Stephen as our inspector. Thankfully Stephen was able to accommodate our last-minute booking request although we had to contact him the night before due to our circumstance. On the day of our appointment, Stephen arrived earlier at the place and did the preliminary inspection of the exterior. When we arrived, he did a walk-through what he had found and explained preliminary observations.

Throughout the whole inspection process, Stephen was detail-oriented, informative, patient, knowledgeable, and professional. We had numerous questions during the inspection and Stephen took his time explaining the details, repair processes, and whether or not repair was required/serious. He did the walk through at a good, comfortable pace and made sure we understood everything. After the inspection, he was quick in sending us the detailed inspection report - we received it on the same day and the report was thorough and easy to understand. Overall, we had positive experience with Stephen and definitely recommend him to anybody who needs a thorough, reliable home inspection!

Another great home inspection. The clients attended the entire inspection and together we identified and solved any and all deficiencies.

Exceptional service, exceptional results!

I had a great experience with Stephen and hands down, he is the best inspector in town, especially considering the level of detail he generates, along with the overall professionalism.

His report seems like something that one would pay $2,000 for but only costs $460 for a full thorough inspection.

I ended up not buying the house and the $460 spent was well worth it given I would've risked paying $1.2M for a defective home.

The client was with me throughout the inspection, many issues were found.

Mark in Vancouver
Mark in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Outstanding Service

Steve is absolutely an outstanding man! He inspected a house on 394 Blue Mountain for us, and provided us with some very helpful tips. It's immediately apparent that he's knowledgeable about homes. His wealth of construction experience really shines here. If you hire Steve. I would highly advise you accompany him on the inspection, because you will learn a lot about homes. Steve as astute enough to find out another inspector had been recently present... and even asked the home owner if he could cut some taping on a wall so that he could get access to the underlying pipes. I don't think any inspector would have done that.

What we find most outstanding is the professionalism that Steve works by. The sale did not go through, but the owner seemingly tried to exact revenge on us, via Steve. She accused him of "breaking the electrical", when it was just a matter of circuit breaker switches being shut off. Steve was a good sport and visited the property twice to just "flip a switch". We thank you for your professionalism and cooperation though this dilemma Steve.

Another great home inspection, my client was with me through the entire inspection, by the time the onsite inspections was finished we had a pretty good idea what needed upgrading or replaced.

Derek F.

4160 Sardis St.
Burnaby
BC
V5H 1K2

The work was very thorough and informative. The inspector insisted that I be present while he did the inspection. He brought me around the entire unit and building to go through and explain everything that he found and share information based on his knowledge and experience.

Another happy client ?

Rui
Rui
1 review Burnaby, BC

Home inspection

Steve is very helpful and knowledgeable. He was on time, even got there before we arrived. Was very thorough and detailed. He explained everything as we inspected the house together. He also provided us with helpful information on how to save money on Renovation. He was honest, courteous, and respectful. He took pictures of all the things that will require attention down the road And provided us with the inspection report on the same day knowing that we are in a rush. Would highly recommend Steve to all my family and friends. Additionally, he tried his best to help answer our questions about renovation even after the inspection was over.

Another great home inspection, the clients were onsite the entire inspection and asked many questions, very happy with the results.

David
David
1 review Sechelt, BC

Home Inspection

Stephen was very professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. We were very satisfied with his insertion and report.

Another great Sechelt inspection!!

Jeffrey A.
Jeffrey A.
1 review Burnaby, BC

New purchase inspection

Steve is a very professional, polite, detail and patience housing inspector I have ever met. From the moment I phoned him to arrange for an inspection to the prompt delivery of the report, Steve made the entire experience a joy. And as Steve welcome us to the inspection, the entire time, not only Steve is happy to answer all our queries, but he proactively provide his insightful findings as well. I have no hesitation on recommending Steve for all home buyers! Thanks Steve!

Jeffrey & Phyllis were great to work with. They were on hand the entire inspection along with there realtor and together we agent through the entire building.

More about Hands On Home Inspections Ltd.

When you’re planning to purchase a home or an investment property, you’ll need to decide who to have your home inspected by. Your real estate agent will probably show you a list of possible home inspectors, but who you choose is up to you – and it’s a very important ...
Looking for Home Inspection pros in Burnaby?